Author Topic: Checking in!  (Read 7899 times)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Checking in!
« on: August 19, 2013, 04:36:40 am »
I've been a bit busy lately, so haven't posted on here. I come on to grab recipes and check things, but no time to post.

I've become a student again! Undertaking an Advanced Diploma of Nutritional Medicine, hoping to do a Bachelor and enough units to become a Naturopath as well as a Nutritionist.

Just reading Jude Blereau's Wholefood For Children. Such fantastic information in this book, most of what I already know, but the science behind it  is fascinating. Her other book is on order, so look forward to that, too.
One of my units is written by her, but unfortunately she can't come and present it.

I'm doing 5 units this semester, 3 online and 2 face to face. The Nutrition and Whole Food ones are F2F, which is good. DH is fully supportive and I'm so much more organised in the house - not spending hours on FB!!

Still doing MJ Skincare, but not so full on. No markets etc, just online, local and wholesale sales.

Hope everyone is well, I don't have time to trawl through the pages so can't keep up with everyone. JD, how's Geoff going? Gert, I catch up with what you're doing when I have a quick FB fix at night time, CC too.

Must get back to study, finished my cuppa and apple and blueberry muffin.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline trudy

• View Profile
Re: Checking in!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 05:25:34 am »
Hi Meagan,  Glad all's well with you at the moment.  Life is sure busy for you at the moment but you sound like you are enjoying your studies.  We all had a great time here in wet old Adelaide over the weekend.  It was great to finally meet CC and all the other ladies that came.  I wish you luck in your new endeavour.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 06:03:57 am »
You are sounding really busy - good luck with all your studies.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 06:33:15 am »
MJ,
Sounds fantastic, busy,but rewarding.
Gerts contribution to the goody bag is beautiful.  I must have a look at what you have on offer.
Good luck with your new endeavour .
Denise
Denise

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 07:13:48 am »
MJ you are a glutton for punishment. What a work load.

I think everyone will enjoy your beautiful soaps . As I had leftovers instead of saving them I am using them in all my seven sinks! Lovely.

When are you off to Paris

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 08:37:58 am »
MJ I just want to let you know that I did read out your lovely letter to all the forumfesters who descended upon CC and I in our bedroom on Saturday night before dinner.  Lovely sentiments in that letter which everyone agreed on and we thank you for it.

You obviously like to be kept busy, good luck with your studies and your ultimate goal of becoming a Naturopath & Nutritionist.  How long is the course?  I was pleased to read you are continuing with your skin range.

Geoff is fine, very calm and taking his medication now but not eating a lot at the moment for some reason.  I showed him some of the photos from the forumfest today but there were no comments - he did seem interested though. 

Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 11:13:48 am »
Lovely to hear from you MJ. All the best for the studies.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 02:43:29 pm »
Sneaking on the forum with a cuppa for a quick look. Great to hear about Geoff, JD.

I completely forgot that the Forum Fest was on the weekend!! I'm sure you all had a ball.

Yep, glutton for punishment alright! When I look at my Anatomy and Physiology text, I do begin to wonder what I'm in for. Then I look at Biochemistry and think I've bitten off a bit more than I can chew. But, I'm always putting too much in my mouth.  :D

A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 03:11:37 pm »
good on you MJ   :)  You are proof that women can do it all  8)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 03:14:07 pm »
MJ - the course you are studying interests me however with two under two.....I don't have the time for study right now. Can you let me know how much the whole food unit costs and can you do it on its own or does it have to be part of a course.

Like you I don't get to read a lot of posts but try and get on to write reviews, from the Baby & Toddler book as I love to read others' reviews and find them useful. There are other threads I want to read but don't have the time.

I've heard about this Jude Blereau and need to look further into this book and possibly buy it in future.

When are you going to Paris again as I need to place an order soon.

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2013, 10:08:44 pm »
Good luck with everything MJ

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2013, 11:21:27 pm »
Good luck with your studies MJ. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2013, 03:15:41 am »
Hi MJ - wow you are busy! Thanx for letting us know you are still around!!  :D
:D

Offline snappy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2013, 03:23:59 am »
Congratulations MJ - it's so exciting starting on a new path.

Would love to hear your thoughts on Jude's book, I've been considering buying it on book depository but can't find a real copy in a shop to flip through and determine what the recipes are like.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2013, 04:45:07 am »
Good on you MJ,  :D  Have fun on your new path.

Anatomy and Physiology,    aggh
yes my textbook was so thick, I remember studying that well..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url