Author Topic: Banana Biscuits  (Read 15465 times)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Banana Biscuits
« on: February 25, 2013, 08:17:49 am »
Banana Biscuits
Makes 18-20

This recipe was given to me by a friend quite a while ago, I'm afraid I don't know the original source.

Ingredients:
100g caster sugar
60g butter, softened
85g (1 small/medium) ripe banana
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp nutmeg
115g plain flour

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees and line a couple of baking trays with baking paper.
2. Beat sugar, butter and banana for 10 seconds/speed 5. Scrape sides of bowl and beat again if necessary.
3. Add egg, vanilla, nutmeg and flour. Mix for 10 seconds/speed 5, scrape down sides of bowl and mix for a further 10 seconds/speed 5.
4. Put teaspoons of mixture on trays, leaving room for spreading. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light brown around the edges.
5. Cool for a few minutes on trays before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

These biscuits are quite soft, not at all crunchy.
Thanks to Thermominoux for experimenting with the recipe :)

Members' comments
Thermominoux - Made it in two steps instead of 3. Kept step 2. Then for step 3 and 4 I did it in one step : I've mixed all ingredients for 10 sec speed 5 then scrape down sides of bowl and mixed again 10 sec speed 5. Then cooked as described.
Had soft tasty biscuits. Thanks Amy for the recipe.

Kulsha -  am so impressed with this recipe, thank you!! I searched for banana biscuits and they mostly have oats and dried fruit and seem quite heavy but these are light and exactly what I was looking for. I wanted to follow the recipe exactly but didn't have all ingredients. I used coconut oil instead of butter and coconut sugar (speed 9 for a few seconds beforehand to make it fine) instead of castor sugar. With my darker sugar the result was a bit more caramel in colour but these taste great!

kmw - I made these last night to go with coffee as we had a friend over, they were quick & easy to make. Looking at the pictures I think I need to make mine bigger and get the temperature right for my oven as the bottom tray cooked to quickly. Verdict yum 😄 and told I can make them anytime!

« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 11:54:24 am by judydawn »

Offline Thermominoux

• View Profile
    • Thermominoux - French Thermomix Related Blog
Re: Banana Biscuits
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 08:35:46 am »
Hello Amy,

great and simple recipe. If you don't mind and if it's OK for you,  I'll translate for once this recipe to French and have it published on my blog with a link to this forum. I think they will love it here in Europe.
Thermominoux - From Bourg en Bresse -  France
Mail : Thermo-minoux@orange.fr
Facebook : thermominoux.cuisineauthermomix@facebook.com

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 08:42:30 am »
Well done Amy, there's a feather in your cap, 

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 08:43:31 am »
Thanks Brenda! :D Lets just hope others like them!

Hello Amy,

great and simple recipe. If you don't mind and if it's OK for you,  I'll translate for once this recipe to French and have it published on my blog with a link to this forum. I think they will love it here in Europe.

Hi Thermominoux,
I don't mind you doing that at all, go ahead! :) It certainly is an easy recipe, I had the mixture made and baked in no time at all. Next time I made them I was going to see if I could make it even easier by just throwing all the ingredients in at once ;)

Offline Thermominoux

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 08:50:52 am »
Hi Amy ,

That's just what I was thinking, to make it simpler. I'll give it a try this afternoon. Post photos if conclusive.
Bye
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 09:27:19 pm by Thermominoux »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 09:33:36 am »
Nice looking biscuits Amy, bet they taste good.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 10:54:52 am »
Thanks Judy, they are very yummy :D And very banana-ry because the banana I used was really overripe ;)

Thermominoux, thank you, I can't wait to hear how you go :)

Offline Thermominoux

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 08:58:19 am »
As promised, baked it yesterday. 
Made it in two steps instead of 3. Kept step 2. Then for  step 3 and 4 I did it in one step : I've mixed all ingredients for 10 sec speed 5 then scrape down sides of bowl and mixed again 10 sec speed 5. Then cooked as described.
Had soft tasty biscuits ( see photo ).
Thanks Amy for the recipe.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 09:01:31 am »
sounds nice and I have a rather ripe banana the kids won't touch to use up...will put this on the to-do list for tomorrow.  Thanks
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 09:44:09 am »
Enjoy them Jo, they're great as something different to use up those overripe bananas :)

Thermominoux, thanks so much :D Your biscuits look fantastic! I will add your changes to the recipe above too ;)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2013, 07:51:29 pm »
Yummy Amy
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Thermominoux

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2013, 09:06:44 am »
Thanks Brenda! :D Lets just hope others like them!

Hello Amy,

Hi Thermominoux,
I don't mind you doing that at all, go ahead! :) It certainly is an easy recipe, I had the mixture made and baked in no time at all. Next time I made them I was going to see if I could make it even easier by just throwing all the ingredients in at once ;)

Hello Amy,
having your permission I've published this recipe on my blog with a link to your original recipe. As usual I include step by step photos and  you can have a look at  http://thermominoux.over-blog.com/article-biscuits-a-la-banane-115687136.html . I have also invited my visitors to come and have a look at forumthermomix.

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2013, 09:08:40 am »
That looks wonderful Thermominoux, thank you!! :D

Offline Slice of Health

• View Profile
    • Slice of Health Facebook Page
Re: Re: Banana Biscuits
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2013, 01:21:52 pm »
Dear Amy, I am so impressed with this recipe, thank you!! I searched for banana biscuits and they mostly have oats and dried fruit and seem quite heavy but these are light and exactly what I was looking for. I wanted to follow the recipe exactly but didn't have all ingredients. I used coconut oil instead of butter and coconut sugar (speed 9 for a few seconds beforehand to make it fine) instead of castor sugar. With my darker sugar the result was a bit more caramel in colour but these taste great!

Eva, Slice of Health (my personal Thermomix blog)
www.sliceofhealth.com.au
www.facebook.com/sliceofhealthrecipes
Darwin, NT

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2013, 02:22:58 pm »
They certainly have a lovely colour Kulsha.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/