Author Topic: Help my blades are not spinning & it sounds terrible!!  (Read 46382 times)

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
Re: Help my blades are not spinning & it sounds terrible!!
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2014, 01:01:16 pm »
I have just been "talking" to my DIL in India. She sent me a VDO of her blades.  The base spins but the blades do not. She phoned head office and was advised they have been "released " from the base and new blades are required which they will courier to Mayapur for $50. Seems reasonable to me. Luckily my DS's gave her a second jug a few years ago. She uses her Thermomix constantly in her catering business and could really use another Thermomix.  She has really given them a work out for the past four years.

I am wondering if the blades can be refurbished.

Gert

That sounds very cheap Gert.  I have replaced 2 blades as I use my machine numerous times a day and would be lost without it,i  just do it.
Denise

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2014, 02:02:25 pm »
It is my daughter in law in India who needs new blades. She will buy them from HO here and they will send them to India for $50.  Not sure the price of the blades.

She has a catering  business and cooks constantly using her Thermomix . She is lucky to have another jug and blades so she can keep cooking!

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2014, 11:38:48 pm »
I have given my old blades a bit of a sharpen and I think it will be successful , so am thinking of giving them a sharpen every six months or so that way they should work easier and have no problems, after all we are always sharpening our knives .

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2014, 01:42:56 am »
my blades are not working, sounds terrible too, I have ordered new ones.  :( and on a weekend too
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Kayc

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2014, 02:47:50 am »
I have had my "maurice" for 4 1/2yrs and have just bought my 2nd lot of blades, so my blades last about 18mths.  Mind you I do a lot of grinding cheese and veges

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2014, 04:29:38 am »
Looks like the other thermal machine will be working hard Robyn. At least if that happens here I have my other bent bowl blades to use. How long have you had those blades for?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2014, 11:28:11 am »
Bummer about your blades Robyn.The weekend is sometimes a curse when things go wrong :(
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Katj

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2014, 06:03:47 am »
My original set of blades seem to have karked it!   After inspecting inside the bowl today, while making nut paste, I noticed black streaks of grease in the paste. It was making a different noise to usual. After reading these pages I 'm sure it is just the blades. Lucky I have a spare bowl set. My original set is getting close to 4 years old.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2014, 06:08:45 am »
My thermomix is nearly 5 years old, so blades 5 years.  yes cookie, the other machine got worked out all last weekend.

My new blades arrived yesterday from Jo $120
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Katj

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2014, 06:28:05 am »
Just spoke to HO here in Perth. They said the bearings in the blades are on the way out, that is why the leaking of oil/grease in nut paste. I need a new set of blades. They have been given a good workout since I bought  Thermie  nearly 4 yrs ago.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2014, 06:53:15 am »
I have had to replace my blades.  The machine is nearly 5 years old.  I think this is ok as I have made hundreds of loaves of bread and it gets a solid workout every day.  I do try not to overload it.   I also have a second bowl,  but stick mainly to the one bowl unless cooking all day.  I am quite happy to pay for replacement blades as I feel the original have given good service.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2014, 10:47:56 am »
It is a very valid point. In Australia we always pay more and we say it's ok just because we are so far away from the rest of the world (or so it seems). The internet has opened up other options for savvy shoppers and people who are on a budget. I do support local business but  you have to weigh up the dollars when there is a big difference. I'm all for buying spare blades from Spain.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2014, 11:43:14 am »
Grace is expected to make over $1,000,000,000 this year. She brings them in by the container load no doubt. They are over priced as is the Thermomix.  I would love to have a look in her new premises at the moment. The Vorwerk toffs will be coming soon for a big road trip.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2014, 11:36:09 pm »
$144 (plus shipping) here which is about $134 in AUD! That does seem a lot if it's going to be called a "consumable". I wonder if we get them in from Aus so they are more expensive again once the nz company puts it's margin on.
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline greenwaynegreen

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2014, 02:06:55 am »
A quick google Search will find that it is far cheaper to buy brand new blades in Germany (the home of Soligen Steel) than Australia and half the price to buy them from Spain. Postage from Spain is $8AUS (the same as it is in Australia)