Author Topic: Hi everyone, TM arriving tomorrow evening :-)  (Read 9701 times)

Offline Girlpower247

• View Profile
Hi everyone, TM arriving tomorrow evening :-)
« on: December 17, 2012, 01:27:13 pm »
Hi everybody.
I found your wonderful, friendly and welcoming forum a few weeks ago whilst doing my Thermo homework.
After much consideration, I decided to place an order for a TM and excited to share that it's going to be delivered tomorrow night.
There is only my DH and myself to cook for, I'm a pretty basic cook and have an intolerance for sodium, so I'm hoping I can find recipes that
can help with this .....really looking forward to making things from scratch.

I've spent some very late nights reading many recipe posts to help get my muddled brain in thermo mode LOL.
I am so grateful to have found this forum, what a gold nugget for newbies like myself.

I'm thinking of naming my TM “Thermalot" ...hopefully I do therm a lot in it, as I need to prove to my DH that this will be worthwhile.
Only have a few days to get to know Thermalot as going away Xmas - New Year, not able to take my new helper, but will take the EDC
and sticky note pads.

Thank you for reading my post, I look forward to learning much from you all as I start my TM journey  :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hi everyone, TM arriving tomorrow evening :-)
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 02:13:53 pm »
Hi Girlpower247, welcome to the forum. Glad you found us, not hard these days as we are very well known now.  You wouldn't believe how hard it was 4 years ago to find decent English speaking recipes and when I finally stumbled upon this forum I thought all my Christmases had come at one.  Never looked back and my cooking with the TMX improved out of sight.  Whilst you are waiting for delivery, check out some of the recipes on CP's favourite list - there are lots of great recipes featured there.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

mcmich

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 03:45:19 pm »
Welcome to the forum Girlpower. Good that you will have your thermomix in time for Christmas.
The support given here at the forum is wonderful. So ask any questions as there will be someone with the answer.
Look forward to hearing how it all goes.  :)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 07:32:59 pm »
Welcome to the forum Girlpower247. Have fun cooking tonight when your TM arrives :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Persistenttiger

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 07:41:47 pm »
Enjoy!

Offline Girlpower247

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 08:38:34 pm »
Thank you  :)
Oh wow,thanks so much  for that link to CP favs Judydawn, I hadn't seen that yet, that's awesome.

One recipe I have been searching is a nice tartare sauce for our fresh fish Friday.
The one in the EDC has had mixed reviews and I did find a couple of others on here, but not really any follow comments on them.

Can anyone suggest a tried and tested one please?
Feeling a bit anxious with my pending TM arrival, maybe more overwhelmed, not really sure why but  maybe it's that and the Xmas rush all in the last week. I'm sure it will all work out okay.

gp
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 10:53:36 am by Girlpower247 »

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 09:06:02 pm »
Hi & welcome!

I've only had my TMX for a few weeks but finding it great - and actually one of the things I love is that everything isn't full of salt (except the vege stock recipe from EDC, but I will greatly reduce that next time), and you can control exactly what goes into your food. 
I think healthy, fresh food has enough flavour of its own, and it drives me bananas when my father in law eats at our place as he smothers everything in additional salt - even the christmas ham that we had in the weekend! 

Hmm, I'll be watching with interest about the tartare sauce - we have "Fast Food" Fridays - homemade of course!  Last week was pizza, the week before lamb burgers.  Might be due for fish and chips soon (although the kids would probably prefer fish and TMX mashed potatoes!)

Happy cooking!  ;)

Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 10:35:14 pm »
Hello and Welcome girl power!!  ;D
Look forward to reading of your journey into TMX land.  :)
:D

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 12:40:28 am »
Welcome to the forum GP247 ;D
There are plenty of members on here that can help you with anything and everything, just don't be afraid to ask! ;)

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2012, 12:59:37 am »
Hi GP247 Welcome to the forum and soo exciting that you will be getting your delivery tonight.  I hop eyou have stocked up your pantry with essentials? what do you use to flavour your food if you cannot have salt?? 

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2012, 01:05:08 am »
Welcome GP247.

Looking forward to your posts and your fun journey.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2012, 02:35:42 am »
A big welcome GP247. You will love your new toy. I have made the EDC tartare sauce a few times and liked it. I hope you find a tasty recipe. There may be one on someone's blog or recipecommunity which is the official tmx website.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2012, 04:31:49 am »
Welcome to the forum GP247.  Have fun with your new TMX. :)
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2012, 04:38:05 am »
Welcome to the Thermomix world.  You will soon be making things you never dreamt you make yourself.

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2012, 05:08:02 am »
Hi and welcome to the forum