Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6036211 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #23340 on: December 09, 2019, 04:14:51 am »
That sounds not too good KAtie. I did have a tiny chuckle as over here, where I grew up, harvest is just finishing. Your DS is being very grown up.

DH has just set off for Bunbury. I can’t say I’m thrilled as he is taking a former student of his down to see a Model A car.  The buyer is a bit unsure so DH is going to give it a check over.  I was hoping that he would be home to help with my new microwave, which is supposed to be delivered today. Hopefully I can persuade the courier to put it just inside the door. I will sit on the floor and unpack it. I think it will be too heavy for me to do anything with. 
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23341 on: December 13, 2019, 10:37:28 am »
Just madness the last week , school carols , last day of school I had my hair cut ... it’s short ! Meeting at school , a bit to eat shopping for food , DS packed all DD’s things into car , no room for anything, arvo tea out while DD had hers with a friend . Home so late , fifteen mins later out to book club . DS working with DH , cleaning field bins out , think he had done three now . DD mowed DMIL lawn . Washing for days , all kids boarding gear . DS has also been helping loading square ( there really rectangle) bales onto semi , these are going to our shead .
Now we have to get a contractor in to harvest the canola .. this goes against my DH better judgement but there is no alternative, we just will not get it all off soon . DH is trying to get a worker but they are like hens teeth at this late stage , I just keep saying it will all work out to myself . DS has cricket game early tomorrow,so lots of jobs to do in town , hopefully DD will stay and help DH . Who would be a farmers wife ! All good slow steps getting there .

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23342 on: December 13, 2019, 10:21:44 pm »
Your life is too hectic for me Katie so a farmer’s wife - never!  Bless all our dedicated farmers though, they work their butts off for very little return usually.  Spent a few holidays on farms of Mum’s relatives in my younger days and loved it.

Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23343 on: December 14, 2019, 08:17:00 am »
You don't want the Canola to shed KAtie. Best get it off. The horrid heat will be good for harvesting if nothing else.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23344 on: December 14, 2019, 10:36:05 am »
Great day DS played last game of cricket for the year . I did the shopping and few jobs . DD had to go with DH this am as the rams were out on the road . Then DD washed Ute, GM’s car , another ute , quad bike , helped her GM sort a few cupboards . Laughed as she collected pine cones to find out they were for the fireplace decoration! Meanwhile I had one DS who was miffed as DSister was deminishing his jobs ($)! Out he went for three hours moving hay bales . Great they are being kept busy .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What have you been doing today?
« Reply #23345 on: December 15, 2019, 04:49:47 am »
We used to be like your DS and DD when we were kids. There were 3 of us. It got to the stage where Mum and Dad had to allocate jobs and we weren’t allowed to
Poach each other’s. All we really wanted was the $$.

DD and DH took the old Ute to a coffee and cars morning. I washed the floor and prepared things for visitors this afternoon.

Our Ute is beside this beautiful, restored, red Chev.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 04:51:25 am by cookie1 »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23346 on: December 15, 2019, 09:37:09 am »
I bet it turns a few heads cookie. Is DH going to paint it one day?
Gosh there would be a war in my DD’s house if one child poached money-paying jobs from the other although they would have to be very well paid to do those types of jobs in the first place LOL.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23347 on: December 15, 2019, 10:05:35 am »
I went out with a lovely group today to the Stirling market in the Adelaide hills then onto Hahndorf for a smorgasbord lunch and more browsing, I found plenty of suitable food for my plate.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23348 on: December 15, 2019, 04:35:18 pm »
My goodness KAtie your life is hectic.

Caught up with all the laundry. Just need to iron a few of DH’s shirts now.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23349 on: December 16, 2019, 04:00:56 am »
No Judy, DH isn’t planning to paint the Ute. It’s what they call ‘a barn find.’

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23350 on: December 16, 2019, 09:47:17 am »
Love the Ute Cookie , too true we may yet have to implement that rule too . Gosh DD went and helped the wool agent sort our sheep going to market , 3 hours latter I had to collect her . At home DS is repairing the watering drip system ( pepper ate some of it ) and turning over the veggie beds adding manure too . He is still washing out field bins ,mmm just learnt how many we have ! Contractor come  tomorrow , I’m tiered thinking about it all . Boiled a few eggs for some cool food next few days . It may all be about the $ too but they feel for DH as he is under the pump .
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 09:48:48 am by K Atie »

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23351 on: December 16, 2019, 11:13:09 am »
Feel for you K Atie.  Harvest is at the wrong time of the year.  Just when so much needs to be done for Xmas. 
I can always find plenty of jobs for pocket money. 
We went and picked up our ham at the Istra factory.  They are smaller this year so bought an additional 1/2 one. Had lunch in Daylesford.
Finally got the timing right for the Pizza in the new Weber Q.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23352 on: December 17, 2019, 12:34:28 am »
6 am Early start for DD and DH , sheep work ! DS had a sleep he managed to do vegie patch and fix a hose . Need to wrap Xmas presents but avoiding it as I know I’ve missed someone ! Warming up fast . Could go back to bed.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23353 on: December 17, 2019, 09:57:36 am »
Not a lot in this weather!  I did walk around to the doctor, that’s only a 5 minute walk and I had to ask for a glass of water when I got there as I was parched and had forgotten to pack my own bottle. 

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23354 on: December 17, 2019, 11:46:49 am »
Certainly warming up. Next 3 days forecast for us, 37, 39, and 44.
Met up with work colleagues today at a pub in Geelong.  We usually meet at someone’s home but this was quite good as the Pub didn’t try to move us on and the food was good. 

There is a move to test elderly people for Sleep Apnea.  If tested and determined that you have it you can lose your drivers license. It seems that well intending partners are referring for testing and this is resulting in driver’s license being withdrawn.