Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 8051198 times)

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #29805 on: March 31, 2016, 07:01:35 am »
Good to hear you are settling Katj. Nits are such a nuisance. 5 weeks to get the internet on seems excessive.

Enjoy the break Julie.

Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29806 on: March 31, 2016, 09:19:30 am »
Hi friends.
Another sunny start to the day here.Long may it last.It might dry out the muddy footpaths.

Enjoy your short break at Cherokee Chookie.It sounds as though you will spend most of the time in the garden. ;D

What a super thank you letter Judy. Your cooking skills might be called upon again ;)

I hope your Birthday cake was successful thermilover :D

Safe travels Julie.Have a lovely time. :)

Wishing you happy times in your New Home Katj. :-*
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29807 on: March 31, 2016, 09:33:34 am »
Katj I was wondering how you were going. I'm glad things are ok, apart from the internet. Julie have a lovely time in Melbourne.
Thermilover your DH will appreciate the cake no matter what it looks like.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #29808 on: March 31, 2016, 01:51:47 pm »
Little bit of catching up to do here. I haven't met Thermilover yet! Funny thing is we were in Tassie recently too. Cam hom eon the 21st March. Such a beautiful place. I was so impressed with the way the little towns seemed to be all so proud of their heritage and maintained their old buildings.

So sorry to hear about your dog, Mab. Katj, exciting to be in a new place! Lucky you have great neighbours and can use their internet. Chookie, how come you're only visiting Cherokee? I thought you lived there.....

So long since I've been here. I'm trying to get my Thermie mojo back. I've barely made anything from scratch for ages.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #29809 on: March 31, 2016, 07:01:23 pm »
I haven't been on here for a few days either, due to browsers being problematic, but hopefully all will be OK now.

So much going on with everyone, it must be the time of year.

Julie hope you enjoy your stay in Melbourne.  If you are in the Collingwood / Fitzroy area and have an idle moment with nothing more interesting to do it would be lovely to meet up for coffee, I can usually escape for 1/2 an hour or so  ;)

We are going to Dunkeld for the day tomorrow for the Music Festival there - we have loaned a cello and bow to one of the overseas guest performers so got comp. tickets.  Lucky us!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #29810 on: March 31, 2016, 08:53:04 pm »
Morning all.
Wow, so much going on.
Kat, glad your shift went so well. We are still 1/2 in and 1/2 out.
Judy, nice to be appreciated. I hope the down load that you just did isn't the one with the bug.
Yahhhh for some sunshine for CC.
Meganjane, nice to see you back.
Julie, enjoy your hol in Melbourne.
Marina, enjoy Dunkeld and we look forward to catching up.
Don't forget it is April fools day.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #29811 on: March 31, 2016, 09:21:21 pm »
Cuilidh, thanks for your kind offer.  We are pretty much booked up with our time, but if we find ourselves over that way, I will send you a PM for sure.  :D

Judy, that is a lovely letter to receive.  It doesn't take much to thank people for their kindness and generosity.  Something you don't always get these days.

Enjoying being here but no hope of a sleep in for me.  Have been awake since 5 which is 4.30 SA time (my usual wake time) but enjoying having my cereal in bed with a cup of tea waiting for it to get light before starting our day.

Enjoy your Friday everyone.  It's heading for 26 here today, so should be nice and not too hot.  :D

Offline thermilover

• View Profile
« Reply #29812 on: March 31, 2016, 09:45:23 pm »
Good Morning everyone! It is going to be a warm day with tops of 31 here :) But atleast its Friday, yay!!

Thanks Judy for your wishes, I will convey it to DH. So, yesterday hubby took DD to the park so that I could concentrate on icing the cake, with a toddler in a clingy stage, it is always rush rush. So I decided to make 3 layers, used homemade strawberry jam in the first, then chocolate butter cream and fresh sliced strawberries in the second and then covered the cake in buttercream. But I wanted to do a bit more, so made a ganache and covered the top, wasnt perfectly decorated but tasted divine! Hubby absolutely loved it, yayyy :) Will try and post a photo tomorrow.

Julie, hope you have a wonderful holiday!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #29813 on: March 31, 2016, 09:54:01 pm »
Hello all, Julie have a great holiday, I so love Melbourne. :)

my computer is having keyboard issues...
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #29814 on: March 31, 2016, 11:45:16 pm »
Thermilover - your cakes sounds a great success.

Robyn - my keyboard often gives me trouble - I think mine is caused by a problem called fingers!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #29815 on: April 01, 2016, 02:13:24 am »
Morning all.
what a lovely letter Judy - you and Katie must have been thrilled with it  ;D

Very sad here ATM - a very close dear friend couple have lost their first baby at 36weeks gestation  :'(
I am so so sad.
he passing of their much loved bub has brought back many sad memories for me, as well as being so sad for them.  :'( :'( :'(
:D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29816 on: April 01, 2016, 06:32:00 am »
I was thrilled to receive the letter girls, we received many lovely thanks on the day and since but the letter can be kept for ever.

Condolences to your friend astarra, it would break your heart to lose a baby at any time but that far gone would be so hard to cope with. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29817 on: April 01, 2016, 09:29:51 am »
Hi friends.
A chilly start to the day with a touch of frost this morning.At least it was dry walking Chance.

A very sad day time for your friend Astarra.Sending hugs to you too :-*

Congratulations on the birthday cake success thermilover.

Have a good time at the music festival Marina.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29818 on: April 01, 2016, 09:41:55 am »
Astarra how very devastating for your friend and it's only natural that it should bring back unhappy memories for you. Give your girls an extra hug.

Julie, enjoy the breakfast in bed and Melbourne.
Marina, one good turn deserves another. Enjoy yourselves.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #29819 on: April 01, 2016, 07:50:01 pm »
morning all.
Astarra , so very sorry for your friend.
Woodend Farmers Market today. We haven't been for several months as our Open Day seem to have fallen on the same day. Taking a large bag of lemons, Bay leaves and Rosemary. No SD crumpets as I haven't had time to cook.
I have taken the TMX to Invermay and now at Cherokee for a few days am really missing it. I made the Creamy vegetable soup using the Bamix hand wand. The texture isn't as smooth as with the TMX, flavour same.
For anyone who has had trouble with making links on the iPad, Apple have put out an update. 9.3,1. Has fixed the problem.
End of Daylight saving for us this weekend.