Author Topic: The blades are still turning - Rotorchef with updates  (Read 5112 times)

Offline Rotorchef

• This thing chops and slices too.....
    • View Profile
The blades are still turning - Rotorchef with updates
« on: April 15, 2015, 03:18:55 am »
Well hello one and all,

It's been a while since I last posted and much has been going on! Which is actually the reason why I stopped posting much of anything!

Since my last post which if memory serves correctly was back in January 2015 after stepping off of a plane and onto what felt like a frozen tundra it has been nonstop!

As some of you know there was a very significant other in my life for whom I actually purchased the Thermomix in the first place (well, she thinks that's the case anyway  :-))) who went by the forum name of MrsRC2B. Well, alas she is no more. Yep, that is the end of that relationship and indeed name. She has as of 8/4/15 become MrsRC!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

After lots of planning, calling, emailing, and fretting our wedding went off about as smoothly as anybody could hope for with the exception of the weather but then what can one expect when they book a beach wedding on the NSW South Coast in April. Last minute plans enacted without panic or fluster ensured that the whole day indeed couple of days went off very very well. The catering company were exceptional (I wont name drop on this forum but if you are interested or in need of catering in the NSW South Coast region  let me know and I will share - you wont be disappointed!)

I have been separated from the culinary machine of awesomeness for a while as I have been back in the UK however last night saw a successful(ish) reintroduction if only for me trying to remember what the heck I was doing!

Ultimately however the Thai mussels were a success and the wife (great sounding word!) has another kg of them to eat tonight otherwise they will go to waste.

I wasn't really sure what to do with them or indeed how to 'do with them' in the Thermie so sort of fumbled my way through and made a complete pigs ear of sequencing and adding ingredients etc. So if anyone was curious as to what or indeed how I made dinner last night you are out of luck as I have NO IDEA. The good news and indeed bad news however is the Mrs is seemingly expecting something of equal quality tonight - GOOD LUCK!

Right - I should get on with some study (only 1 more topic and 2 exams to go and I will have my Commercial Pilots exams complete in what has been a busy 6 months then I can start flying again), assuming of course I ever get my visa for migration................  :-\

Oh - Great work on the new look / feel forum by the way (whoever was responsible). I think it looks incredibly 'fresh' and very slick. It may take a bit of getting used to but I for 1 think its great.

Anyway - TTFN

RC
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 10:37:25 pm by Rotorchef »
Remember - the little blade at the rear goes really fast and makes a big mess. Stay away from it!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: The blades are still turning - Rotorchef with updates
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 04:09:36 am »
Firstly congratulations on your wedding Mr & Mrs RC, pity about the weather but that's Australia for you.  You sound blissfully happy as you should be marrying an Aussie girl  ;)  Glad to see you back on the forum, you and the TMX (and now DW) are a match made in heaven by the sounds of all your postings.  Perhaps you should write down the steps when you're creating recipes then you could share them with us LOL.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 05:06:23 am »
Congratulations! I'm assuming the wedding date was 8/4/15! Better get it right for the anniversaries to come!

I'm not a fan of mussels, so have never cooked them and can't help with any ideas.  However, Alyce Alexandra has just released a free e-book with a Thai Coconut Mussels recipe that sounds delicious. E-book

A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 08:59:29 am »
Congratulations on your wedding Mr and Mrs RC and good luck with your final exams.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 11:14:53 am »
Congratulations,you frightened me there for a minute I thought it was over 😜, love your sense of humor,   All the best of everything for the rest of your lives.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 12:30:43 pm »
Like AB I thought you were about to tell us things were over.  :-[
I'm so pleased that all went well and congratulations are in order.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 03:07:24 pm »
Congratulations,you frightened me there for a minute I thought it was over 😜, love your sense of humor,   All the best of everything for the rest of your lives.

me too! glad things are ticking over as they should be (phew) Maybe she will be Mrs RC2B again very soon tho??? (can anyone hear a baby crying?)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 09:19:48 pm »
Yes, you caught me there as well.  So glad everything went well on your big day.  Congratulations to you both, good luck with your final studies / exams and it's good to see you back on here again (I think that last sentence just about covers everything, doesn't it?)
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Rotorchef

• This thing chops and slices too.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 10:36:57 pm »
Hey everyone

Thanks for the kind words!

Meganjane - you may well have saved my proverbial bacon! If the good wife had seen that she would certainly pay out on me for a while! Naturally it was 08/04/15.

As for those of you who are awaiting the announcement of tiny feet - sorry but that isn't going to happen. I am very much in the vein of "awesome uncle". I love kids but I love giving them back to their rightful owners and keepers even more (normally after I have wound them up to feral status  :P)

TTFN

RC
Remember - the little blade at the rear goes really fast and makes a big mess. Stay away from it!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2015, 02:51:18 am »
Hey everyone

Thanks for the kind words!

Meganjane - you may well have saved my proverbial bacon! If the good wife had seen that she would certainly pay out on me for a while! Naturally it was 08/04/15.

As for those of you who are awaiting the announcement of tiny feet - sorry but that isn't going to happen. I am very much in the vein of "awesome uncle". I love kids but I love giving them back to their rightful owners and keepers even more (normally after I have wound them up to feral status  :P)

TTFN

RC

Typical Uncle. You may get your just rewards one day. :D :D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2015, 04:18:58 am »
Congrats Rotor Chef, and Mrs RotorChef..  enjoy being the "awesome uncle" for a while at least.

Glad you are back here.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2015, 08:45:35 am »
Congratulations.  ;D I'm glad that the story had a happy ending. All the best on getting your commercial licence.
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2015, 08:46:22 am »
Congratulations Mr & Mrs RC.  Great to have you back!!