Author Topic: what appliances have u ditched since getting your Thermo ??  (Read 10336 times)

Offline Sonan

• View Profile
Re: what appliances have u ditched since getting your Thermo ??
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2011, 07:34:31 am »
I had a big clean out and got rid of
- breadmaker
- electric steamer
- rice cooker
- food processor and stick mixer died anyway
- electric wok

I only kept
- icecream machine
- slow cooker
- toaster
- kettle
Check out my Facebook Group, Healthy Cooking for Australian Families.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=90888828646

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2011, 07:56:17 am »
Andie, that's such a wonderful thing that you're doing. Good luck with it. How rewarding it must be to know that you're helping people to help themselves. There's not enough of it.

As far as the OT goes, I still love kitchen gadgets too. I could never do without my stove top! :o
I still use my stick blender to make Hollandaise Sauce, it's the easiest and less messy way to make it. Love my Turbo Oven, pressure cooker, slow cooker & Kitchen Aid stand mixer. Also love my Le Crueset pan and dutch oven.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2011, 09:30:18 am »
I just sold my Food processor. and have my bread maker for sale. I'm sure there is more that will go. Why keep them if you don't use them.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2011, 04:48:51 pm »
Well, there is the "Just-in-case" idea.   There are times when an appliance will fail - usually at a more or less critical time and if you have no back up ............... :-[

I have older, still working, backup appliances for those I use most because i have experienced the failure of one of these necessary implements at the worst possible time.  If I had not had the back up, I would have been trying to find a replacement at a time when few if any stores were open. 

I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2011, 09:36:11 am »
Andie, that's such a wonderful thing that you're doing. Good luck with it. How rewarding it must be to know that you're helping people to help themselves. There's not enough of it.

I agree MJ.....Kudos to you Andie  :)

Umm......I think I've actually added to my appliance inventory since purchasing the TM  :P
I added an ice cream machine, a new digital hand mixer  :P
The only appliance I have stopped using is the rice maker and blender.....and I just can't bear to part with the others  8)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Snoozie

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2011, 10:55:41 am »
Steamer went to my brother
Food Processor went to a friend who loves Jamie Oliver's 30 min meals
Juicer went to my parents (who hate it too) lol  I want to get an Oscar though hehehe
Blender went

Kept slow cooker for obvious reasons hehe Kept my kenwood as I find some recipes TMX makes my cupcakes a bit "tough" and as already said... I can then have 2 things running!!! Kept grinder for small jobs where I don't feel like having to wash TMX for a teaspoon! lol  DH loves griller for sausages but I don't use it much.  We still have the electric frying pan too.

Offline Lellyj

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2011, 11:35:25 am »
Well my bread maker, electric mixer (7 year old sunbeam) and food processor (very old and well used) all broke in 2010.  That's the main reason why I got a thermomix as I felt that it could do most of these jobs, one way or another.  I threw out or put in the garage my ice shaver, my hand operated mincer, my potato ricer, and my food mill.  No regrets!
Teacher and Mum in Phillip Island, Victoria