Author Topic: Meat cooking on blades  (Read 3516 times)

Offline Prattles

• View Profile
Meat cooking on blades
« on: November 06, 2013, 03:47:46 am »
Hi all, this is only my 3rd day as a thermomix owner, everything is going well so far, I think, lol, but I do have one question,  Last night I made lasagne, and when I did the lasagne sauce everything seemed to be great, but when I poured it out of the jug there was a chunk of meat on each blade that had cooked solid.  It wasn't really a problem as such, because the rest of the sauce was great and it didn't ruin anything, I was just surprised to see it and was wondering if it was something that I did that caused this to happen, and whether I can avoid it next time, or if this is just normal...  Lol. 
Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer! 

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: Meat cooking on blades
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 03:58:23 am »
Welcome prattles. Sometimes a larger chunk of anything will get caught on a blade and keep going round and round. Not uncommon. Sometimes it is good to stop and take a  spatula to feel around the blades for just such a thing.

Oh and judy will probably tell you to pop Into the introduce yourself thread, say a vita about yourself then members can say hi.
Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Prattles

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 04:31:41 am »
Thanks for the reply Gert.  It was mince though, so it didn't start out as a chunk, just obviously cooked into chunks when it was stuck on the blades....   I will check it more next time!  Will head over to the intro thread too, thanks..

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 05:02:45 am »
Not sure what recipe you used, however I am currently making a bolagnaise sauce and I cook all the sauce ingredients for 10 mins first  (onions on their own first though as normal), then I break the mince up into the sauce, pushing it down into the sauce and it never gets stuck around the blades. Just make sure it's moving at the top through the hole.. I then cook with the mince added for about 20 -25 mins at 100 degrees.  I never used to like mince cooked in the TMX as I found it came out too fine, but now I do it this way we love it !
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 06:48:28 am by Debbiebillg »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 11:35:48 am »
I think mince collecting on the blades is like it stays in lumps when you cook it normally. I would just stop the machine and make sure it isn't sticking to the blades a couple of times. I think it happens early on in the cooking.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 11:43:13 am »
That happens to me as well but I like Deb's idea so will try that next time.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.