Author Topic: Just My Luck  (Read 14238 times)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Just My Luck
« on: February 09, 2012, 11:36:29 am »
Crio Bru Australia ordered 100 of my Chocolate Kiss Lip Balms from me to use at the launch of Tenina's new book ( I think!). So excited, I was busy making lip balms and getting labels etc.
Posted them on February 1st and they haven't received them.  :-\

I just can't believe my luck. This would have been fantastic exposure for me, now they don't have the lip balms for their welcome packages and I don't get the advertising. I've offered to send them another 100 for free, so I'll at least get the exposure, but at a huge financial loss. Australia Post, I HATE YOU!! >:(
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Just My Luck
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 11:43:20 am »
Oh MJ that's not bad luck but negligence by Australian Post.Can you make a claim against them to recoup the financial loss? You must be so mad and angry.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 11:45:57 am »
What a bummer MJ, a great opportunity missed through no fault of your own. :'(
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 12:13:23 pm »
Gee that would be so disappointing MJ. Hope they turn up tomorrow for you.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 12:21:39 pm »
Not likely DD, they should have been there last week. I didn't send them Registered Post, so no recompense. :-\
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 12:28:23 pm »
😥 I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck. All the work you put into them would be so disappointing.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 12:31:57 pm »

Not likely DD, they should have been there last week. I didn't send them Registered Post, so no recompense. :-\

MJ,  I sent a parcel to England last Sept. And it didn't arrive.  Not Registered.  Australian Post said they could track it within Australia but not after that. If it isn't returned to me by 6 months from the date it was sent,  they would consider compensation.  Next time I will use DHL. 

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 12:38:05 pm »
I feel for you MJ. I wonder where it went 😒

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 01:23:34 pm »
Hmm I am waiting for a parcel from the USA (a very expensive watch for my sons 21st - think 4 digits!!) Ordered and posted 3 weeks ago, the company can track it to Aus but there is nothing after that and Aussie Post don't want to know about it - YET ... cause I ain't finished with them YET.

MJ my heart breaks for you as I know the work you put into your products  :'( :'(
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 01:30:57 pm »
Oh mj thats horrible and all that missed exposure.. What is it with 2012...  Seems so much bad luck and horrible news... Feel for you after all the hard work and out of pocket... Grrrr
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline ElleG

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 10:35:54 pm »
So disappointing for you. Seems very unfair, I wonder where they are? I hate anything coming to my residence as Australia Post often puts other peoples mail in my letter box and I have seen streets where mail is lying on the road thanks to the locals.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 12:40:15 am »
That stinks MJ!.....what a shame they weren't registered  :(  Hopefully they will magically  re-appear.

I hate Australia post too  >:( >:(  especially the postie contracted to deliver to our area!  Have made sooooo many complaints....I am now cancelling my mail and collect it from the local shop everyday  >:( shouldn't have to do that, but he's so unreliable!

Good luck Faffa.....I hope it turns up for you!
I had a specialty order of John Deere drawer knobs for my sons tall boys, shipped from U.S......they sent them twice, and both packages vanished in thin air!  >:( >:( >:( 
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2012, 12:46:16 am »
MJ I feel for you. I also HATE Australia post. For us they have lost DD's Masters's degree (can't be found even though it was registered) a book from Amazon that wieghed about 2kg and was worth over $550, plus many more we know about and who knows what we don't know about. They really don't care. They say we will pass on your complaint but it is not the postie (most of the time) it's their systems.

MJ I do hope a miracle happens and they arrive. Perhaps today.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2012, 01:00:20 am »
WoW cookie  :o ......makes you wonder, doesn't it!
Well I remember a little while ago, Melbourne had a big auction of all items that weren't collected, or deliverable....wonder if any of our missing stuff ended up there  ???
I know I have received other peoples packages, which i personally re-deliver.....but how many people would open and keep them?

A few years ago, a local postie around here was charged with possessing a shed full of mail and parcels.....maybe my drawer knobs ended up there  :-\

They say we will pass on your complaint but it is not the postie (most of the time) it's their systems.

Here, it's the postie!.....my neighbour cancelled all her mail deliveries before Christmas (because of his constant mistakes), and last week my neighbour happened to check her letterbox out of curiosity.....and sure enough, my mail sitting in her box.....2 party invites (1 was for in 2 days time, 1 had already been past), a cheque and bills  >:(

« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 01:11:34 am by maddy »
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2012, 02:20:22 am »
I don't know if you ever saw that tv report where the postie would put a bag of mail behind bushes while he delivered another bag?
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand