Author Topic: Gingerbread Decorations  (Read 21517 times)

Offline Marilyn

• View Profile
Re: Gingerbread Decorations
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2010, 01:22:21 am »
Thanks ILB, I used this recipe yesterday to make a gingerbread house with my goddaughter and it was perfect.  We made the templates for walls and roof from this site:  http://www.fashion-era.com/Christmas/GingerBread.pdf, although not the windows, etc - we drew those with icing.  I am definitely too lazy to make a doorstep out of gingerbread!!  We used ILB's royal icing recipe too.

I was quite proud of myself for not being a control freak and letting the 8-year-old do all the decorating.  However, this was a practice run for doing the same with my 3-year-old niece next week, and I'm not sure I will be able to be as relaxed then!

Anyway, great recipe.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2010, 11:30:02 am »
Great work Marilyn!!!  I've been hoping to do similar with my DD but just keen running out of time.  Maybe Friday....  ???
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline artyn

• View Profile
    • Kwik Sew Patterns (AU) Inc.
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2010, 11:05:04 pm »
I used this recipe yesterday for making some (loads actually) Christmas cookies... WOW... delish!!! Thanx for the recipe. Martyn from Brisbane (AU)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2010, 03:11:19 am »
Hi Martyn, welcome to the forum. Lovely to see a guy getting into the Christmas cooking. How long have you had your machine?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.