Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 8992137 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #1680 on: September 29, 2009, 06:30:52 am »
Good to see you really getting into the cooking Meagan - you are doing well.

I'd made my DD a batch of the dry mixture for pancakes a couple of weeks ago so whilst down at her place today GD and I have made a batch of pancakes.  I let miss 4.5 measure and hand whisk as she does a wonderful job with a whisk but drew the line at her cooking them. She has come to expect a cooking session every time we get together so I got off lightly today when I remembered the mixture was already here in the pantry. 

ILB - your blog looks great.  These things all take time but you are off to a great start with a couple of your own recipe conversions.  Now you have the site up and running, it will be the incentive to do a lot more conversions. Well done. Hope DD gets better soon. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline ~Narelle~

• View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: September 29, 2009, 08:28:29 am »
Hi everyone
there's been some yummy things made in the TMX around the place if this thread is anything to go by.

Today I have made a breakfast smoothie, salted caramel maple icecream and pasta dough.  Later will do a quick and easy sauce for the pasta.

Hope everyone is well. 

ILB - your blog looks great.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #1682 on: September 29, 2009, 12:13:31 pm »
Thanks everyone.  :) :-* :-* :-*
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: September 29, 2009, 01:00:02 pm »
Tonight I just used the TMX to make mashed potatoes and steamed vegies to go with BBQ'd pork chops and covered in my last packet of frozen mushroom sauce.  I'll definitely be making another batch of this in the near future - so handy to have sauces in the freezer.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: September 30, 2009, 04:59:13 am »
Hoping to make Judy's cheese & cashew crusted lamb (but I will use chicken, still clearing out the freezer) with some vegies done in the varoma. 

Haven't been feeling well last couple of days, just feeling off IYKWIM, so haven't been on here. Thank goodness for having a supply of food in the freezer.  Just needed to make some mashed potatoes in the TM yesterday to top the cottage pie filling that I'd defrosted.   :)

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #1685 on: September 30, 2009, 05:09:09 am »
Get good soon IYKWIM  ;)  :-*  Need some more pretty pics
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: September 30, 2009, 05:09:53 am »
Hope you didn't over-indulge for your birthday JulieO ;) ;) ;)  Handy to have food in the freezer for when us wives/mums get sick.

Today I have made a chicken cacciatore type casserole - nothing like the traditional recipe really but because there was WAY TOO MUCH in my TM bowl, I will have to adjust the amounts before posting.  I'd hate to see all your machines blow up - not that mine did, it coped well but can rest now for the remainder of the day as it did have to work hard.

PS Get well soon

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: September 30, 2009, 05:18:26 am »
Get good soon IYKWIM  ;)  :-*  Need some more pretty pics

LOL Thermomixer, will do.  :D

Thanks Judy, hope to be feeling better soon.  :)

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #1688 on: September 30, 2009, 05:25:48 am »
.......  Handy to have food in the freezer for when us wives/mums get sick.

Yes, true ..... I took out some ratatouille and chicken casserole that I'd cooked a month ago for tonight's dinner as MrsT is under the weather.  

Wait - I think that comment of yours was sexist JD !!  Have the language police onto you !!!!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 10:34:32 am by Thermomixer »
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline ~Narelle~

• View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: September 30, 2009, 07:50:48 am »
Today I have made my breakfast smoothie which the kids actually liked!  They assumed there was icecream in it - it was the 2 frozen bananas that tricked them and of course I didn't tell them other wise!

I have also made 2 batches of pizza dough, vanilla icecream, pizza sauce, rewhizzed the salted caramel maple icecream I made last night and still to go - grating cheddar and parmesan for tonights pizzas.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #1690 on: September 30, 2009, 08:27:22 am »
so far I've made 2 batches of cyndi's bread (including little dinner rolls to make hot dogs for the kids' lunch, special school hols treat ;)) and 2 different carrot cakes

Still got dinner to go here too thinking pizza but might save that til friday instead
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Caroline J

• View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: September 30, 2009, 08:28:46 am »
3 x Lasagne
A double batch of Tenina's Maple crunch cereal
Lemon custard

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: September 30, 2009, 09:28:21 am »
.......  Handy to have food in the freezer for when us wives/mums get sick.

Yes, true ..... I took out some ratatouille and chicken casserole that I'd cooked a month ago for tonight's dinner as MrsT is under the weather.   

Wait - I think that comment of yours was sexiest JD !!  Have the language police onto you !!!!
Did you mean sexist Thermomixer - I'll set Cookie1 onto you ;D ;D ;D  I have never lived in a house where the man took charge of the food so you will excuse me if I only associate food with women.  I know the world is changing but I forget myself sometimes. :-* :-* :-*

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #1693 on: September 30, 2009, 10:36:49 am »

Wait - I think that comment of yours was sexiest JD !!  Have the language police onto you !!!!

Did you mean sexist Thermomixer - I'll set Cookie1 onto you ;D ;D ;D  I have never lived in a house where the man took charge of the food so you will excuse me if I only associate food with women.  I know the world is changing but I forget myself sometimes. :-* :-* :-*

LOL - that is funny - a little letter changes the meaning soooooo much.  You're forgiven - others would have paid dearly.  :-* :-* :-*
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 10:40:23 am by Thermomixer »
Thermomixer in Australia

Offline mama_bel

• View Profile
    • Home Cooked
« Reply #1694 on: September 30, 2009, 01:02:18 pm »
That's funny about the sexiest comment! :)

I didn't use the Thermomix one single time today.  I had all these plans but never got to it.  And now there's 8 people sleeping so I can't...

Will be working overtime tomorrow!

BTW we ate food previously prepared in the TMX, just didn't actually switch it on today.  I think this is only the 2nd time this has ever happened at our place!?
Bel
Growing, cooking, learning, working at home...
So why am I always in the car?

http://belcooks.blogspot.com/