Author Topic: Rokelle, American living in Madrid, Spain  (Read 6315 times)

Offline Rowi

• View Profile
Rokelle, American living in Madrid, Spain
« on: December 08, 2008, 04:20:06 pm »
Hello to everyone.  My name is Rokelle.  I'm from the U.S. and currently live in Madrid, Spain.  I bought my Thermomix three years ago when we first arrived.  It is so functional that the only other appliance we needed to purchase was a toaster!  Pretty amazing, huh?

The Thermomix is pretty popular in Spain.  There are even 2 types of Thermomix magazines you can buy at the newsstand each month.  I have lots of these - they're a great source for new recipes.  (Of course, they're in Spanish, so you have to be fairly fluent or be willing to look up a lot of words.  Unfortunately, a lot of Spanish cooking terms are not in the dictionary!)

I accidentally found the website when searching for a carrot soup recipe.  I am so pleased to join! It's a great idea, and will be so helpful for everyone who really wants to explore what the machine can do, and just try out some new recipes, too. 

Thanks for the website!  Rokelle

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
Re: Rokelle, American living in Madrid, Spain
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 10:02:42 pm »
hi rokelle!!

that's amazing about the magazines!!! so you'll convert and share a heap of their recipes for us right? ;)

hope you enjoy the forum!
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 11:02:07 pm »
Welcome on board.  ;D   TMX is amazing in Spain - the head honcho had a restaurant in New York for many years.

Have you been to Alambique - the cookery shop near the Opera?  They had an Australian chef doing demos there in October.  The daughter-in-law (?) of the owner also does cooking classes and wrote a book "Cocinar con TMX" - yes same title as one of those monthly magazines, but not related as far as I know.

Have you seen the blog - Lobstersquad? The lady who writes that is the niece of the author of "Cocinar con TMX" and did the illustrations.  Unfortunately there are no pictures of the food.

Do you contribute to the Spanish TMX forums?  They certainly have lots of recipes and ideas -unfortunately - no hablo espaņol.  But manage to work things out roughly.

The following is a link to one carrot soup recipe on one of the forum that I joined - 

http://thermoforo.com/index.php?topic=1963.0
and another: http://thermoforo.com/index.php?topic=2512.0

Thnaks and looking forward to lots of great ideas  :-* :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Alina0210

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 03:10:02 am »
Hi there... good to have another person here. :)

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 10:39:55 am »
Welcome!  Hope you find the forum as helpful as I do.  And hope you'll post some Spanish recipes  ;D  I used to look at the forums sometimes, and wish that I spoke Spanish.

TM Magazines at the newsstand!!  Bliss!
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline Isabel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 03:59:30 pm »
Hello to everyone.  My name is Rokelle.  I'm from the U.S. and currently live in Madrid, Spain.  I bought my Thermomix three years ago when we first arrived.  It is so functional that the only other appliance we needed to purchase was a toaster!  Pretty amazing, huh?

The Thermomix is pretty popular in Spain.  There are even 2 types of Thermomix magazines you can buy at the newsstand each month.  I have lots of these - they're a great source for new recipes.  (Of course, they're in Spanish, so you have to be fairly fluent or be willing to look up a lot of words.  Unfortunately, a lot of Spanish cooking terms are not in the dictionary!)

I accidentally found the website when searching for a carrot soup recipe.  I am so pleased to join! It's a great idea, and will be so helpful for everyone who really wants to explore what the machine can do, and just try out some new recipes, too. 

Thanks for the website!  Rokelle

Hi Rowie
Until recently I had no idea the Thermomix was so popular in Spain.  I am originally from Madrid and emmigrated to Australia with my parents when I was 9.  When I bought my TM31 a few weeks ago I also purchased the Spanish cooking book and I have to say it has some awsome recipes.

I would love to purchase some other Spanish cooking books in the near future and as far as magazines on stands...well that would be just terrific to have... half your luck Rokelle.

Isabel
Isabel

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 09:07:09 am »

Hi Rowie
Until recently I had no idea the Thermomix was so popular in Spain.  I am originally from Madrid and emmigrated to Australia with my parents when I was 9.  When I bought my TM31 a few weeks ago I also purchased the Spanish cooking book and I have to say it has some awsome recipes.

I would love to purchase some other Spanish cooking books in the near future and as far as magazines on stands...well that would be just terrific to have... half your luck Rokelle.

Isabel

Hi Isabel

Sorry that I missed this post - there are plenty of recipe books in Spanish available.  One written by a "friend" in Madrid "Cocinar con Thermomix"  by Gabriela Llamas - no pictures but great ideas.  Others are available as outlined elsewhere for download via internet.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 11:10:14 pm »
Hi Rokelle,
I am English, living in Malaga (20 years now!) Like you, I also buy the magazines, some recipes are great. Have a great one for cheesecake which will try and get on next week, as have bought all the ingredients now  ;) and have now learnt how to post photos! ;D

Got my THX for xmas, and really don't know how I had survived all these years without it. This forum has been a wonderful help to me. Have to admit I am also hooked on this too! Checking it daily!

Welcome and hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Amanda

Spain

Offline Ayla

• TM31
    • View Profile
    • Primal Home
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 02:14:34 am »
Hi Rokelle and welcome :)
DS homeborn September 07
DD homeborn September 10

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2009, 07:51:31 am »
Hi Rokelle,

A warm welcome from Australia!!!!  You are so lucky to be able to get your hands on mags just for thermomix.  Can't wait to hear more from you

Trudy

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009, 08:24:38 am »
Welcome. Just imagine magazines for thermomix users. I love food magazines and that would really make my day.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2009, 10:05:57 am »
Same here Cookie but I have stopped buying those monthly ones from the supermarket now that I have my TMX
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.