Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6123638 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #27660 on: January 28, 2024, 01:37:19 am »
I made 2 batches of Miracle Spray (1 for DD2) and a 2 litre batch of window cleaner.  On checking through my cleaning recipe file I forgot  the one about cleaning the sink with pure vinegar so I tried it out and it came up so good that I did the stainless steel stove top as well as the tile grouting on the ensuite floor tiles.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #27661 on: January 28, 2024, 03:53:11 am »
That is exactly what I am about to do, Judy - make up a fresh batch of miracle spray.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27662 on: January 29, 2024, 10:17:00 pm »
It’s great isn’t it Marina!
Today I have my second cataract removal, I had the first one done last Wednesday and it was very  successful. Now that I know what happens I’m actually looking forward to this afternoon’s op.
Currently wearing my glasses with the right lense removed.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27663 on: January 30, 2024, 08:04:52 am »
I hope it all went well for you Judy.
I did a small mountain of ironing this morning.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27664 on: January 30, 2024, 08:39:54 am »
Thanks cookie, yes it went well but I can’ wait for my appointment in the morning when the bandage will come off. The right eye doesn’t work well alone, long distance is OK though.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #27665 on: January 30, 2024, 09:07:27 pm »
DS and I had dentist appointments so we caught up with DD and did some clothes shopping for both . Looked at a bedhead . Then went to freedom for more bed frames . IKEA as well for DS to get a bedside table for uni ! And lots of other bits , they both came out with things . Clothes horse for DS too . Plate and bowl . Then it was 6.30 pm , we had a late start ! Took them to a wine bar before getting some dinner . DS had a boutique beer. Grilled take away for dinner . The next day DS and I were on a mission Chemist for uni supplies ( multivitamins), a homewares shop for a frypan and lid . Then to get a Black Tie suit !! That took hours . Podiatrist. For my on going warty thing .. this involved having aesthetic to numb the foot then needling to the area. DS had a small one freeze dried off too . Now DS had to drive as my foot was numb . DS helped DD finish off putting a wardrobe together. We packed the car and left at peak hour ! DS drove we got home so so late ! Stopped to get a bit of food ! Today my neck hurts from the dentist, foot throbbing. But we achieved a lot and DD also managed to order bits of a bed !

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #27666 on: January 31, 2024, 12:42:42 am »
Builder here fitting a cover over front door.
I’m trying a GF bread machine recipe. Seems I’m definitely gluten sensitive. I’ve just eater a small blueberry muffin. I’ll see what happens.  Haven’t had any tummy problems since going GF a week ago.
Starting to pick cherry Tom’s. these are a new variety developed by the company that my neighbour works for.  They are extremely tasty.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #27667 on: January 31, 2024, 06:26:05 am »
Super market shopping this morning.  No sigh of the lower prices we are supposed to be seeing.

Visiting a friend this afternoon.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27668 on: January 31, 2024, 06:41:34 am »
Well the patch is off and I guess now I have to wait until the 2 eyes have adjusted to each other. Long distance is OK, watching TV is fine too but small print is not so easy although it has improved from this morning. He did initially say I would probably still need reading glasses so I have to see the Optometrist in a month’s time. In the meantime I’ll check out those cheap magnifying glasses to tide me over.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27669 on: January 31, 2024, 12:30:50 pm »
Good idea Judy.
I did my grocery shopping this morning early, trying to beat the heat.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #27670 on: January 31, 2024, 06:52:05 pm »
Glad the second cataract removal went well Judy, what a difference it will make once everything has settled down,

K Atie, I got caught in rush hour traffic yesterday as well as I was leaving Ikea - isn't it funny to think that we may both have been there at the same time!

So many people are gluten free now, Chookie. Hopefully the change will be beneficial to you.

Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #27671 on: January 31, 2024, 08:25:36 pm »
Marina that’s too funny .we were in freedom till closing .. 5.30 then it must have been after that time we were in Ikea till late , oh yes as I said 6.30 .
Judy glad your cataracts worked out . Chookie the cherry tomatoes sound like they are great . We finished Harvest last night , Lupins done . Both the wheat and Lupins were not great , but thankfully the canola and oats were good . Amazing how every season is different . Always think diversity is the best . DS was telling me how harvesting to Lupins was very light on , it’s great he see this and grasps the impact of the season and has the joy of a good harvest crop too . He said at lest we finished before February. A lot of people are still going . Not sure about our hot weekend weather coming up . The other day a whole hay wall stack nearby caught on fire ( the internal heat caused it) DS was sent updates of it burning ! This long high wall of hay in intense flames . Then the tractor with a special claw front pulls it apart . Other wise they can only observe it till it burns out.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #27672 on: February 01, 2024, 08:33:12 am »
Judy, that all sounds good.
Katie, good to finish the harvest. Do you grind any of your grains in the TMX?

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27673 on: February 01, 2024, 11:49:25 am »
Melting. 🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #27674 on: February 02, 2024, 03:01:16 am »
Chookie i have refrained myself as I always think there will be residual chemicals still there ! But we have been talking about the oats , how it would be good to have our own rolled oats or milk . So maybe we might .