Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6038757 times)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #25200 on: June 10, 2021, 07:07:54 am »
Without power from 4 am to 11.30 am. I had a CT scan at 9 am.  Fun trying to get something warm to eat before heading out without power and in the dark. I found some Xmas candles and lit them.  Boiled water on gas and cooked toast in frying pan sprayed with olive oil. Took the big Merc as it has warm seats.  Have sore arms where they hunted for veins. Felt sorry for myself so headed to Creswick for morning tea and cake. While in the middle of devouring the cake, the dietitian rang for a phone discussion. Oh hell !,, she asked what I was eating. I had forgotten about the appointment.
There has been a lot of damage around Ballarat but nothing like in other parts of the state. W are very lucky.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25201 on: June 10, 2021, 07:30:13 am »
Caught out Chookie LOL. You did well to make breakfast without power then it went downhill even more after that. Did you own up to the dietician that you were devouring cake at the time? Good luck with the CT scan results.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25202 on: June 10, 2021, 11:09:20 pm »
Yes Judy, I did own up . She asked how often I indulged. She said that given that the Diabetes seems under control, an occasional indulgence was ok.
I have been worried about Mab.  I hope you are ok.  It has been a dreadful 24 hours in Victoria with the storm. Last night I rang friends that were in hard hit areas. One will be without power until Monday. She is cut off from help as the roads are blocked by fallen trees. Just as they clear away some big trees, more fall. Her neighbours are looking out for her.  We had been trying to contact her all day, but without electricity she couldn’t charge her phone.  Other are ok with just minimal damage.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #25203 on: June 11, 2021, 01:13:23 am »
Chookie, we were very lucky, we had very heavy rain and wind but no damage or loss of electricity.   DS only lost a couple of trees, one fell on the fence but none near the house.

Supermarket shopping this morning.  I hope they have a sign in book as I don't have a smart phone so no QR code thingy.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #25204 on: June 11, 2021, 04:51:03 am »
Found two draws of Soxs mice been there too , into the wash !
We had wild winds and a lot of rain , had just got the nbn working and now it’s out again ... cannot see that being a priority compared to eastern Victoria.
DD is doing assessments , seems to be up till very early in the morning. Think DD has turned nocturnal.
Hope everyone is ok after the horrid weather .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25205 on: June 11, 2021, 07:08:27 am »
The Victorian weather has been dreadful. I feel for everyone over there. I would have needed a couple of flagons of Port.,

Chookie I think you need the occasional breakout to be able to cope with diabetes. My diabetic nurse is very good and says that too.

I've been doing some online banking. It takes me ages as I triple check everything. DD's computer has two monitors and I spend half the time looking for the little arrow thing on them. I am learning, very slowly though
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 07:10:15 am by cookie1 »
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #25206 on: June 11, 2021, 08:58:13 am »
Cookie, I would be lost without internet banking, but you are right, you do have to be very sure and double check everything as much cannot be reversed once you press that Submit button.

Today we are back to normal at work (well COVID normal anyway) - staff back, people to talk to and interact with, it was really great.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25207 on: June 11, 2021, 09:48:36 pm »
Cookie, hang in there with the Internet banking.  I use it a lot.  I pay bills and swap money between accounts. I probably only go to the bank about every 6 months.
Thanks for the encouragement with the Diabetes. I’m still trying to figure things out.
Woolworths delivery today. Also Country Small Goods. No nasties in their products.
The friend who suffered the most with the recent storm is still without power.  She is cooking everything in her fridge freezer to try and rescue her frozen food. Mostly berries.  As she said, it is a years harvest.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25208 on: June 12, 2021, 09:56:32 am »
Oh that is so sad. All the berries thawing out. We can claim on our insurance if our freezer goes off, but still wouldn’t replace home grown berries.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25209 on: June 12, 2021, 11:36:27 pm »
Today I’m finishing the last of the Quinces. Quince jelly and Quince and Raspberry Jelly. Will take all day.  Yesterday made Quince paste.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #25210 on: June 15, 2021, 05:48:42 am »
I spent most of yesterday in the garden.  Pruned the roses and then trimmed up a couple of bushes.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25211 on: June 15, 2021, 09:01:44 am »
We must do our roses soon too.
We attended my Aunts funeral and I caught up with lots of cousins that I rarely see. I think 2 of them were about 65 years since I saw them. ( my Aunt's sons). One of them said that I had changed. I thought that was rather funny.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #25212 on: June 15, 2021, 09:11:21 am »
We must do our roses soon too.
We attended my Aunts funeral and I caught up with lots of cousins that I rarely see. I think 2 of them were about 65 years since I saw them. ( my Aunt's sons). One of them said that I had changed. I thought that was rather funny.
Condolences on the passing of your Aunt, Cookie.

Yes, I think there is an outside chance that you may have changed in those 65 years!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25213 on: June 16, 2021, 12:41:15 pm »
Thanks Marina. I did the grocery shopping this morning.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25214 on: June 16, 2021, 11:56:22 pm »
Cookie, l laughed at that.
Hair cut today.
GD coming to show us how to order things on line.