Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6127947 times)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #20370 on: December 29, 2016, 01:15:10 pm »
Your garden looks lovely Judy. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #20371 on: December 29, 2016, 01:28:42 pm »
Looks lovely Judy and low maintenance I imagine.
Denise

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #20372 on: December 29, 2016, 08:45:52 pm »
Judy, that is lovely. Peaceful and low maintenance. Don't know how you find time to do such things.
Yesterday we went to Melbourne. Still lots of crowds  at the sales. Then visited DS and his family. GC got robots for Xmas. We had to see how they worked and have a go at beating them in the games they play. Ral and I not as quick or smart enough to beat them. They are not really toys but the first stage in teaching computer programming.
DIL went to Costco and bought me large bags of Cranberries, Chocolate Chips and Panko crumbs.
It was hot and very humid.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20373 on: December 29, 2016, 10:20:19 pm »
Thanks girls, yes very low maintenance.  That's my mantra in life nowadays.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #20374 on: December 30, 2016, 07:07:59 am »
I have had a brilliant day today ... cleaning windows  :-))  I guess they have to be done sometime and I am always really pleased when they are all looking lovely and sparkly clean.  I only did half today and I'll do the rest in the next day or two.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20375 on: December 30, 2016, 07:23:16 am »
Wits amazing what they do with computers and programming Chookie. I wouldn't have any idea what to do, or even what it is. I'm sure the GC loved beating you.

Marina, you are a good girl getting your windows lovely and clean.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #20376 on: December 30, 2016, 08:41:09 am »
I have had a brilliant day today ... cleaning windows  :-))  I guess they have to be done sometime and I am always really pleased when they are all looking lovely and sparkly clean.  I only did half today and I'll do the rest in the next day or two.

What a champion. I'm lowering my head as I read this. I get a lovely man and sometimes his son's help to clean the windows. 
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20377 on: December 30, 2016, 08:47:19 am »
I admire anyone who cleans their own windows Marina, I'm not good at it so I pay someone to do mine.  It's a great feeling knowing your windows are clean.

Today I cleaned the 2 lounge chairs I'd sent in with Mum to Morpeth, they've been sitting in my garage for almost 3 months and I almost rang someone to come and clean them for me but I took the bull by the horns this morning and did them myself.  Cleaning them was the easy part, getting them inside was the more difficult chore, especially the one with a lifting mechanism but I got there and am now sitting in one of them.

The GK's 'toys' sounded interesting Chookie, I think many of us have trouble beating them at anything whether it be something as simple as UNO or snakes & ladders so what you spoke of is way past the level of simple games.  I wonder when mine will put these robots on their want list!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20378 on: December 30, 2016, 09:26:17 am »
I hate cleaning windows.This and cleaning the oven are the worst jobs  :P

You've been busy Judy.I hope you didn't hurt your back struggling with the heavy chair?

I'm at the "back of the queue" when it comes to understanding anything about computers. At least I know a man (DS) who does  ;D
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20379 on: December 30, 2016, 10:00:58 am »
I'm fine thanks Denise, my back doesn't mind lifting things, it just hates cooking after about 3 hours in the kitchen. Thankfully I don't have many of those long stints these days and try and pace myself to suit my back.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20380 on: December 30, 2016, 12:08:33 pm »
You all put me to shame. I don't mind at all.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #20381 on: December 30, 2016, 06:55:06 pm »
Because we've had a fairly busy week with friends visiting as well as tidying and cleaning the house and garden, DH and I were planning a quite NYE tonight with just ourselves; then our friend rang, his plans had fallen through so he asked if he and his wife could come up to us as his neighbourhood would get pretty noisy.  So I told DH - next thing he started plotting and ended up suggesting inviting another 10 people "don't worry about cooking" he said (as if that's going to happen) "we'll just sort out some finger food - buy a couple of pizzas (which he can't eat because of his lactose intolerance)" ... yeah, right!  So far I've managed to stop the guest list getting longer and I am hoping most of those he is planning to invite already have other plans!  In the interim I am back to scouring my recipes once again for easy and quick finger foods!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20382 on: December 30, 2016, 08:44:31 pm »
I hope your NYE goes well Marina.
Can I suggest Deviled Eggs and/or a dip ;)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #20383 on: December 30, 2016, 08:46:16 pm »
I hope your NYE goes well Marina.
Can I suggest Deviled Eggs and/or a dip ;)
Thanks, Denise - both of those are great ideas.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #20384 on: December 30, 2016, 09:16:50 pm »
One of the Robots the GC got for Xmas came from America. Not available here. They are a very computer switched on family. They can't understand why we are so stupid. Wait until they are our age and things have moved ahead of them.
Marina, what a job cleaning windows. Ral has a commercial kit for cleaning windows. Special detergent and a plastic sponge on a long pole. He washes and I follow with the hose. All clean no streaks. Can only do the outside like this. It takes us less than an hour at Cherokee. Haven't tried Invermay yet.