Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6127709 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #15015 on: June 27, 2014, 12:52:01 am »
ring your local MP and see if that helps.  I would.. :)

Rant away, we are here to help Marina.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #15016 on: June 27, 2014, 01:33:14 am »
Thank you for your support dear friends.  I have now registered, as required and will wait the specified number day for them to tell me yes or no!!

Gert, I have yet to deal with Telstra ... from the sounds of it I hope I never have to.

There are still one or two organisations out there who are actually helpful (you even get real people to speak to) .. don't know who they are, mind you, but I am sure they are out there.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #15017 on: June 27, 2014, 01:37:19 am »
PS even the police answer by machine, then you have to hold to speak to someone.
Well I just rang the police, and I was on hold.. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #15018 on: June 27, 2014, 08:20:02 am »
Sometimes the red tape is just way too thick isn't it Marina?

Gert, I have yet to deal with Telstra ... from the sounds of it I hope I never have to.

Marina...get Gert to deal with Telstra for you, she is a star at annoying them  getting them to help her ;D

I have had a nice-ish day. Farrier came and trimmed my spotty boys feet, drove my girlfriend to the doc and home again as she is very sick (hope she didn't share her manky goobers with me. I did have a bulb of garlic and a heap of limes in the car to ward off her germs! :-))) and have now played out in the sun with Miss 17 and Chilli. Took a heap of photos of him being funny.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15019 on: June 27, 2014, 08:57:01 am »
Where the pics??

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #15020 on: June 27, 2014, 11:59:00 am »
Its a sad world.  Its memorable and so appreciated when you get good customer service these days.  I dropped some documents into our accountants reception today.  I commented to DH when i returned how I must pass on my compliments next time we meet with our accountantant because she greeted me, said thankyou and told me to have a great day.  Honestly you just dont get treated to that kind of service very often.

I feel your pain Marina and glad you had somewhere to rant.
Denise

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15021 on: June 27, 2014, 12:14:26 pm »
Oh Marina I can feel your frustration. I do hope things work out now.
I get cross with Telstra, then realise I am yelling at a computer. Don't get me started on Centrelink. I have only recently had to negotiate with them and what a mob of............ They don't credit you with a smigeon of brain.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #15022 on: June 27, 2014, 02:46:20 pm »
Marina can you get a friend to dob you in and then there will be about 5 people around at your premises in about 5 minutes time  ;D
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #15023 on: June 27, 2014, 09:33:38 pm »
Marina can you get a friend to dob you in and then there will be about 5 people around at your premises in about 5 minutes time  ;D
Now there's an idea, I hadn't thought of that!

When / if I get good service I will generally say so at the time or else ring back and ask to speak to a supervisor and convey my appreciation.  It is obvious that doesn't happen often and they sound surprised that someone has something positive to say.  I may never have to contact them again, but at least I know I have passed on my thanks.

Nikkit, I will definitely get a hold of Gert should I ever have to contact Telstra ... or perhaps Centrelink.  I am sure I could learn something from her technique ;D
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #15024 on: June 27, 2014, 09:56:14 pm »
CP that  is thinking outside the square. Like you style.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #15025 on: June 27, 2014, 10:18:34 pm »
I thought I would look at fb, pinterest for thermie. I think these were set up by MM. I was quite surprised to see on pinterest there were my photos on there which I dont mind but they were put on by randoms. Please can someone explain pinterest to me. Thanks H :)

Also noticed snappys chicken curry pucture pops up a few times but not by snappy ???

I really dont understand pinterest.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 10:48:25 pm by Halex »
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #15026 on: June 28, 2014, 12:04:26 am »
Hally MM I think has been putting links on FB back to the forum . Then people share the link. I do. Anyone take steal a pick from face book unless they are protected. Or anywhere else for that matter, that is why some people put a watermark or title on them but people can crop that out. Believe me they spend more time stealing stuff than it would take to make something and post it.

I never ever trust a recipe on the recipe community. I see lots of our stuff there.  People just want to big note themselves for some strange reason. I saw one recipe there of mine which was slightly tweaked and the photo cropped so you could not tell it was my kitchen which is often captured in my amateur pics. I have a black granite  benchtop which is called midnight something our other while  not rare it is unique In It's pattern. I know every scratch and shiny bit  believe me.  LO and behold there it was with my dish. I spotted it sent the "author" a serve and it was gone. That was someone from here who we don't see so often any more.  Ok take the recipe and do what you want but the photo?

Don't believe every recipe is written by the poster . Pinterest is rife with fraudsters. So is the recipe community for that matter. I think here we do not have  "show offs", more like  show and share.  Of course some here have such outrageously gorgeous recipes and photos that they could be classed as show offs but we love them because they do it for all.

Gert

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #15027 on: June 28, 2014, 12:19:56 am »
Thanks Gert. I know my photos too and then I double checked and yes they are on my camera roll. My kitchen bench, my cooling rack, my dining table etc......

I don't know what people get off on stealing recipes etc, how can you be proud of something if you didn't create/design/photograph etc.

Good on you for giving the person a serve.

I am staying with the forum :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #15028 on: June 28, 2014, 12:26:40 am »
Cuilidh, I hope you can get things sorted soon, it is certainly frustrating when you have to deal with these departments.  I have to say in all honesty that Telstra was great a couple of weeks ago I had to ring them to get a new phone with volume control etc.  Rang the aged disability section, the chap that answered was very good and within 3 days we had a brand new telephone with a return bag for the old phone.  However, I reserve the right to change my opinion in the future as I have had some shocking dealings with them in the past.

Good on you Hally  :-*

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #15029 on: June 28, 2014, 12:43:30 am »
Hally I really dislike liars and thieves. 

Gert