Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6128040 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #11415 on: November 10, 2013, 11:11:59 am »
Cookie I would chase up  the results now otherwise he may do some damage.
Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #11416 on: November 10, 2013, 07:26:57 pm »
It's been pretty crazy here too - DS's school disco was last week, so I was helping to sell tickets, and then helping on the night.  DD still has a cough, so was home half of last week, and taking her to the doc today, so yet another day off kindy! 
My sis and her family came to visit yesterday as my nephew was playing in a table-tennis tournament nearby, and we had FIL's birthday lunch on Saturday. 
I keep looking forward to a quiet week, but one hasn't come along for a while....  ;)
This week is school athletics too, so fingers crossed for fine (with maybe a few clouds) weather tomorrow!  Heading into end-of-year school/kindy trips and activities too!  Busy busy busy.
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #11417 on: November 10, 2013, 10:41:08 pm »
Looks like everyone had a busy weekend.

I took 4 12-13 year old kids into the city (to Scout HQ) Friday night for McHappy Day Saturday. I had a small "brain fart" on the way in and listened to Sven my GPS...bad move.
Now Sven sounds sexy as heck, and I could listen to him for quite some time, but he needs to know a bit more about city centre + Friday night = not a good idea!
Sven managed to direct me right through the centre of Northbridge, and the city centre, past the Arena where Beyoncé was doing her thing. It was bedlam! People everywhere! We got totally lost and it took me way longer to get to Scouts than what it should have.
And Sven, well I had to turn his volume down, there was only so much "recalculating route" and "turn left in 50 metres" when it's obvious I can't cos I'm in the right hand lane, surrounded by people, sandwiched between a flashing Hummer limo and a bloody great bus full of Beyoncé fans!
The Perth Arena does look good all lit up at night time though! We did spend a bit of time going around it til we figured out where we were, and how to get out of where we were!
The kids however thought it was hilarious (it was pretty funny, and we were all giggling like idiots!) and as we were going through Northbridge they were reading all the flashing signs out to me.
Why is it that there's always a traffic jam and the red lights stay red waaaaaaayyyyyyy longer than necessary when you are stopped right outside a strip joint  :o I didn't need to explain anything as they got the gist of the whole deal just by reading the signs.  :o
The girls decided when they were 18 they were nightclubbing in the area. I was saying "oh no you're not!" The one boy with us was grinning and saying that he'd look after them. Oh dear! (I have not had any phone calls from irate parents yet about "why does my child keep talking about a strip joint in Northbridge...")
We did all decide at one stage that if Sven didn't pull his lederhosen up (or whatever it is that he wears) he was gonna sail clean out the window on the third lap around the Arena!
Anyway, we made it, (and I made it home...I turned Sven off and unplugged him, got out my old street map and got home without going anywhere near Beyoncé, the city centre or Northbridge!) and the kids collected money the next day for McHappy Day and were surprised at the people and reactions they got as they were walking around. Many said "no", one well dressed man told them to "go &^%$ yourself"  ??? ??? and a homeless man gave them .50c as he thought it was for a good cause. The kids came home with many stories and said that you really couldn't tell what answer you were going to get when you rattled the tin.

Saturday was my eldest daughters 17th birthday. She had 3 friends over and they had a ball. My Mum gave her a car for her b'day! (And we gave her the insurance, rego and RAC for a year...boring but practical!) So we had a late night, but lots of fun. It was so nice to hear 4 17 year olds giggling, laughing and generally having fun together. Their exams were forgotten for a day and it was great to see them relaxed and enjoying each others company.

And Sunday - I had a little nana nap. I was tired!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11418 on: November 10, 2013, 10:46:31 pm »
 :D :D And well you might have been tired Nikkit - phew the things we do for our kids. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #11419 on: November 10, 2013, 10:54:00 pm »
Nikkit, we went to Beyonce saturday night. We havent been into the city at night for years. It was packed, plus there were bars tucked into every nook & cranny, we couldnt believe it.  The new venue is great, good sound apart from screaming girls.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11420 on: November 11, 2013, 12:00:57 am »
Nikkit your story made my day. I hope Sven had his lederhosen up before you stopped at the strip club and he did not get excited.  LOL!

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #11421 on: November 11, 2013, 12:40:30 am »
Oh Gert - I didn't think of that!  :o ;D
And no I think his lederhosen were slipping well past his knees by the time we got there as by the time we got past Beyoncé they were tripping him up around his ankles!  ;D
I have no idea what Sven wears in that little contraption stuck to my window, but I couldn't tell him what I thought of him with 4 kids in the car with me - hence lots of laughing and making up funny stories about Sven!

Hally, I saw on the news the concert was good. And screaming girls...there was a bit of that Friday night - in and out of my car!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #11422 on: November 11, 2013, 03:30:35 am »
Nikkit, that made my day
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #11423 on: November 11, 2013, 03:35:24 am »
Nikkit that story is a cracker :D :D :D and Gert, words fail me  :D  :D :D
I really am going to have to stop drinking while reading this forum. This time it's tea all over my screen  ;D
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11424 on: November 11, 2013, 07:37:26 am »
Nikkit you have again told a great story. I read it out to DD and she had a good chuckle too. Thanks. I love your sense of humour.

Today I flew across the country to Melbourne. It is sure quicker than driving. We have been to the Lindt cafe and had a coffee and lovely banana bread with lovely gooey chocolate to pour over it. I was very disappointed in it this time though. They give you your drink in a take away paper cup in store. Not keeping up with Lindt tradition. It has changed since my last visit.
It was nice to be cool here too.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 07:40:16 am by cookie1 »
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #11425 on: November 11, 2013, 07:47:46 am »
Nikkit, no wonder you were tired out, thank you, a great story.   :D :D

Cookie, have a great time in  Melbourne.  quite cool here today also  ;D

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11426 on: November 11, 2013, 09:25:19 am »
A great story of your city "adventure" Nikkit.Couldn't stop laughing  :D :D :D

Have a great time in Melbourne Cookie ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #11427 on: November 11, 2013, 07:28:58 pm »
Loved your story Nikkit.  Very well told, it was almost as if we were in the car with you!

Cookie, if you are around Fitzroy / Collingwood, would love to meet you.  Have a great time over here in the cold and miserable east (well, it feels cold and miserable to me, anyway, because it should be warm and sunny by now!).
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #11428 on: November 11, 2013, 08:25:06 pm »
I agree Marina, what is with this weather??

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #11429 on: November 11, 2013, 09:31:15 pm »
I agree Marina, what is with this weather??

Fire going one day, aircon on the next  :-\

Yesterday I had to get DD to stay home from school & look after DS, who is ill...as we had an appointment at the accountants....she was happy to oblige, as she got out of playing football (she's not impressed an all girls school plays football, & has a team to boot  :P).....felt guilty, but no other option.
So now that's out the way, I really need to catch up on everything, and the comments have been that I haven't baked in a while....true, but I'm not encouraged to when 1/2 is consumed, and the chooks enjoy the rest....might let them hang out a little longer & appreciate it  ;)
.........EAT CAKE!