Author Topic: Where to buy N2O Cream Wipper Chargers  (Read 5101 times)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
Where to buy N2O Cream Wipper Chargers
« on: May 03, 2012, 02:14:48 am »
Hi all, while in the US a few weeks ago I purchased a iSi cream Wipper. Does anyone know where I can purchase the chargers from in Australia? Happy to buy online and there are a few places but would like a recommendation if possible.

Also if anyone has any hints on using one they would be appreciated.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
Re: Where to buy N2O Cream Wipper Chargers
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 02:17:35 am »
I've never heard of these . . .
but is this helpful?      http://www.finewhip.com.au/?gclid=CImpxeT44q8CFWJMpgodkEUuBA

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 02:47:36 am »
i havent seen them in coles in years, i sure they would have them in a hospitality store
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

stacelee

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 04:20:56 am »
I know that we sell them (we sell catering equipment) so any reasonable kitchen supply place should stock them as a standard item.  They come in boxes of 10 bulbs (at least the ones we carry do).  At full retail, I think they are around $7.00 inc gst a box...but that is just off the top of my head.  Most kitchenware shops should also carry spare parts for the whippers if you ever manage to lose a seal or nozzle.

stacelee

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 11:17:11 pm »
I just noticed you also asked for hints.....
1. Don't leave the bulb in the holder once it has discharged...if you forget it's in there it goes icky after a few weeks :)....voice of experience
2. Pure cream seems to work better than thickened
3. Distribute the gas by gently rocking the whipper 180 degrees from side to side.  Don't shake it violently ....again the voice of experience.  Do int about four to six times
4. Always test it on something first. A hand works well cos then you can lick the cream off....I'll not recommend who's hand :p
5. Don't forget that there is cream in it and bury it at the back of the fridge for two months.  The gas will help extend the life of the cream....but not by that much....and they are not the easiest thing to clean.
6. Always at least rinse the nozzle under hot water if not cleaning immediately.  Solid cream is revolting to try and get out of a nozzle

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 11:34:31 pm »
And another tip......make sure you press the button and empty it before removing the lid.  I only did it once many years ago, it went everywhere, celling, curtains, walls etc.  Took me ages to clean it all up.  :P

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 11:37:37 pm »
Thanks for the tips Julie and Stacelee. I'm not one for eating cream but my kids will go through a bottle of the wipped one from the supermarket in 5 minutes if I let them. I buy them a can every six months or so and they squirt it straight into each others mouths!!!!

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 11:48:35 pm »
Wonder did your whipper come with a recipe booklet ?

stacelee

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 12:40:48 am »
We sell the Kayser ones....I'm not sure if there is a recipe book in the box with them, but I can have a look next time I go downstairs.  Are you looking for something in particular?

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 12:49:07 am »
thanks stacelee i was just wondering if they all come with a recipe booklet, i have a whipper thing 2 ,but i never really use it

should have a look to see where i have put it and give it one more  chance  ;D

stacelee

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2012, 01:07:46 am »
I've had a look in the boxes for the ones we sell and there aren't even any instructions in them....although I now know what the tiny little brush that I've had sitting in my junk drawer at home is for.   I did find a couple of websites with recipes....

http://www.cremewhipper.com/recipes/index.php?page=other

http://www.mscream.com/doc/Whipper_Directions%20rev2.pdf

http://www.prairiemoon.biz/isicrwhre.html

Not sure if thats any help.