Author Topic: Unbelieveable thermomix deal for $699. Is this legit?  (Read 54286 times)

Offline baf65

• View Profile
Re: Unbelieveable thermomix deal for $699. Is this legit?
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2012, 02:47:12 am »
i wonder if anyone got the $699 ones yet, as 17 were supposedly sold at that price

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2012, 04:47:08 am »
Oh, I didn't see this and have posted in Chit Chat about the deal. When I look at the picture, it looks as if the Varoma is made from SS, like the bowl.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Lovemythermo

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2012, 04:58:59 am »
Tenina has posted something about this on her FB page, and its opened up a can of worms. There are a lot of unhappy owners out there who have said they would have seriously considered buying one of these, had it come out before they had bought from a consultant.

The theme seems to be that HO bang on about buying only from a consultant as you get support and service included in that hefty price tag, which you don't get when you buy from one of these non authorised sellers (ie ebay I guess). When in reality a lot of people havent heard from their consultant since the purchase so why not save a few dollars if you're not going to get this after sales service and support? If you're going to use that as a marketing tool then you surely need to be able to back it up?

Perhaps the encouragement of becoming a consultant to pay off a TMX is doing more harm than good as there seems to be a lot of owners who feel abandoned.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2012, 05:01:01 am »
Tenina has posted something about this on her FB page, and its opened up a can of worms. There are a lot of unhappy owners out there who have said they would have seriously considered buying one of these, had it come out before they had bought from a consultant.

The theme seems to be that HO bang on about buying only from a consultant as you get support and service included in that hefty price tag, which you don't get when you buy from one of these non authorised sellers (ie ebay I guess). When in reality a lot of people havent heard from their consultant since the purchase so why not save a few dollars if you're not going to get this after sales service and support? If you're going to use that as a marketing tool then you surely need to be able to back it up?

Perhaps the encouragement of becoming a consultant to pay off a TMX is doing more harm than good as there seems to be a lot of owners who feel abandoned.

Hear hear!
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Buttercups

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2012, 06:52:56 am »
Hi All, Out of curiousity I just did a google street search on this address and there's nothing there. Number 5 across the road is a warehouse business, however there is nothing across the road from there at all.

Google street view might be out of date but if you know someone who wants to order one and you or they are in Sydney it might be a good idea to stop in and check if there's anything there now.

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2012, 07:23:05 am »
Deal is now closed. Phoned them and they said they had reached their numbers.
Kylie

Offline RosieB

• DGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2012, 09:08:12 am »
There is a huge shed divided into units at 4-6 Junction St.  Near the Good Guys.  It is in Auburn, not Silverwater (Next suburb).  It is called Junction Estate.  They must be in there.  There is a solar place at unit 1 of the group.
Rosalie, from the Sunshine Coast, Qld.
Retired, full time carer for my 8YO Grandson with Asperger's Syndrome. 
I love gardening and cooking.

Offline RosieB

• DGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2012, 09:11:47 am »
Deal is now closed. Phoned them and they said they had reached their numbers.
I can't even find the Thermo Mix Deal now!!
Rosalie, from the Sunshine Coast, Qld.
Retired, full time carer for my 8YO Grandson with Asperger's Syndrome. 
I love gardening and cooking.

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2012, 10:54:17 am »
The interesting thing is though with all the competition, the ones selling on Ebay are selling for a lower price.  ie one sold for $940 plus $130 postage !!

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2012, 06:13:04 am »
 Hmmm...all of a sudden the "deal" is closed.

I emailed HO about it and they were aware and were taking steps to deal with it. Obviously, they've done something about it.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline ViolinCuddles

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2012, 07:30:41 am »
I would have preferred to save the money on my consultant! I LIKE my consultant, but I knew I wanted a TMX before I had a demo, and I only needed help when I had a blade break under warranty which I could have managed via head office. At $1000 I could afford to replace mine when it dies (and now that it's out of warranty, it's starting to give me more error messages :( ) and still feel I was getting good value out of it.

Knowing Vorwerk prevent TMX being sold in Australia for a reasonable price because they want to keep their demo sales model going really irritates me - I'd love my mother and sister to be able to afford one too!

Offline Tenina

• The new publicity shot…
    • View Profile
    • Tenina.com
« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2012, 08:20:46 am »
As you may have noticed, I pulled the post down from my FB page as it was turning into a hate session against me for posting it! YIKES people, its an appliance…I was being ‘newsy’…note to self, stick to food! (My new mantra…nothing controversial, just recipes all the time!)
 :P

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2012, 08:24:58 am »
Good idea Tenina,
I don't like confrontation either so try to just avoid it.
Some times it pays to just say nothing, what will be will be no matter what we say anyway (most of the time) :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 04, 2012, 08:29:50 am »
We love you Tenina  :-* :-*  Whatever happened to free speech  ???
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Tenina

• The new publicity shot…
    • View Profile
    • Tenina.com
« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2012, 03:07:25 pm »
We love you Tenina  :-* :-*  Whatever happened to free speech  ???

Thanks JD…right back at you…and yes…last time I checked I lived in Australia…free speech not just a right, but fully supported by and large, particularly by our vast immigrant population…even the wealthy ones!!!!!

But meanwhile, back in the test kitchen….