Author Topic: Unbelieveable thermomix deal for $699. Is this legit?  (Read 54298 times)

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
Re: Unbelieveable thermomix deal for $699. Is this legit?
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2012, 04:50:22 am »
I'm tempted too, but $1000 is a lot of money to risk........
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2012, 04:56:21 am »
Re PayPal:  I have heard some people say you are protected by both and the bank coughed up when PayPal didnt. I have also heard from bank workers that you don't get protection from then as your dealing is through PayPal- you authorized the bank to give paypal money to pass on. They did so. Therefore the bank owes you nothing as you got service you paid for.

I've used PayPal very happily for 10 years now and have never had a problem with them.
Recently bought something from a website my daughter found and payment went through, but article never sent. PayPal reersed the payment as soon as I lodged complaint. I think they are terrifically reliable.
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2012, 05:13:20 am »
Re PayPal:  I have heard some people say you are protected by both and the bank coughed up when PayPal didnt. I have also heard from bank workers that you don't get protection from then as your dealing is through PayPal- you authorized the bank to give paypal money to pass on. They did so. Therefore the bank owes you nothing as you got service you paid for.

I've used PayPal very happily for 10 years now and have never had a problem with them.
Recently bought something from a website my daughter found and payment went through, but article never sent. PayPal reersed the payment as soon as I lodged complaint. I think they are terrifically reliable.

There is a 30-day limit for claims such as this here in the US. 
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline LeeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2012, 05:23:31 am »
It's a 45 day limit in Australia :)

Offline Kissmypixel

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2012, 06:33:13 am »
I had the same thing happen to me with Pay Pal.. The credit union I belong to refunded me the money as Pay Pal couldn't have cared less. The Credit Union then go after Pay Pal for the money. I will never deal with Pay Pal AGAIN.

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2012, 06:36:53 am »
Oh no! I'm not liking these stories.
I hope it doesn't happen to me.
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2012, 07:13:40 am »
I had an issue with 2 lots of money coming out of my PayPal account recently which I didn't authorize. I had PayPal investigate and both amounts were credited back within 10 days. No problems here with PayPal so far.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2012, 07:36:15 am »
I use Paypal perhaps an average of twice a month, mainly for business related purchases, and have only once had a problem with a supplier and Paypal took care of my refund immediately, without a fuss.  So far I have only good things to say about them, but from the sounds of it, the day will come when I hit some sort of strife.  My fingers are crossed that that day will never come, though.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2012, 08:16:53 am »
Also used paypal for years and never had a Problem and regards to this cheaper thx i dont know.. Asian countries copy everything and make it cheaper but are far from having the same strict standards as other countries.. On every site vorworks warnsagainst any thx sold online and although it might look the same id be wary about the innards of he machine?? Is it the same... Rarely is in asia ... Sorry!!  Id be very surprised if this has anything to do with vorwek.. Asia or no asia...

Will be interested if anyone actually gets a machine and two how they cope.. Only time will tell..
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2012, 08:59:26 am »
there is every chance these machines are the real deal.....the amount of page visits generated and promotion given to the website by selling a few things at a cheaper price might be worth a few thousand dollars loss to the company....we dont know that they definitely sold 17 machines, it could in reality be 2 or 3

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2012, 09:10:13 am »
Good luck to whoever bought one because I for one have really appreciated my customer support. I have a lovely consultant who doesn't mind being contacted for anything. She always bends over backwards for her customers and seriously when you evaluate how much the TM31 has saved me in terms of making my own food, avoiding processed foods etc and the health benefits it has paid for itself (cost price) many times over since I have bought it. I too love a bargain but I don't begrudge anyone who buys one of these at a much cheaper price.   MY only concern is- where are they from? Are they from Asia ie is the power cord compatible with  Aus or ? Paranoia- are they off the back of a truck or something? I am very skeptical about deals that seem too good to be true. They usually aren't.
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

Offline medusa

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2012, 10:29:34 am »
Good luck to whoever bought one because I for one have really appreciated my customer support. I have a lovely consultant who doesn't mind being contacted for anything. She always bends over backwards for her customers

YOu are lucky, I never heard from my consultant again.  Even when I wanted to buy cookbooks
Medusa, in Oz

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2012, 11:46:54 am »
Good luck to whoever bought one because I for one have really appreciated my customer support. I have a lovely consultant who doesn't mind being contacted for anything. She always bends over backwards for her customers

YOu are lucky, I never heard from my consultant again.  Even when I wanted to buy cookbooks

I hate to say it but my consultant never replied to my emails. Lovely girl but not a good communicator.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2012, 07:14:48 pm »
Im not critisizing the people who buy them.. Each to their own but have zero faith in these kind of deals.. Thats all im saying..
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Brumington

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2012, 01:16:44 pm »
I've noticed they never answer the warranty question. I have now asked them directly 'is it covered by the two year warranty?' and they haven't answered it or even published it on the site. I think there's something dodgy going on especially as thermomix states clearly on their website that they only sell directly through their consultants.