Author Topic: Unbelieveable thermomix deal for $699. Is this legit?  (Read 54297 times)

Offline Lovemythermo

• View Profile
Re: Unbelieveable thermomix deal for $699. Is this legit?
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2012, 03:37:15 am »
I get offers from a couple of these organisations and they are legit. Even if there is an overseas plug it seems that people are getting around this.

As for the price issue, I had a demo on the weekend and my consultant told everyone that HO hasnt changed the price of the TMX due to the dollar but they are offering a free cookbook instead. I wonder how much the cost of the machine has gone down by? no one will ever know I think.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2012, 04:46:23 am »
It is not so hard to guess what the landed price of the TMX is.  If a consultant gets a minimum of  $200 up to  $400. Then deduct that from the total. The distributor would get no less than a consultant  so another $400+ to her. Then there are  the group leaders getting their bit plus the managers so the actual cost of the machine would have to be under $1000. Probably well under. If it were  sold in a store it would be competitive. The distributor determines the price I would say as it is much cheaper in other countries.  The consultant has to work bl##dy hard to sell 6 machines a month to get the top commission.  Then they get sucked in by the ThermoFest  thinking they are rewarded rather than getting their just  due for a year of hard work. Of course the many consultants who fall by the wayside or displease the HO in some way
get zip. 

The job must be personally rewarding for some thank goodness but they have to put up with a lot of micro managing.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2012, 05:13:15 am »
 LOL gert...tell it like it is!!!hahaha ;)

i reckon it was legit...but as to whether there was only 1 or really 17 machines sold is anyones guess..my guess is it was set up to get traffic to their website, all the other deals that are on that site are deals that i have seen on Catch of the day and other similar discount sites

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2012, 05:19:05 am »
I was mulling over the possibility of grabbing one as I was watching the time tick away. I had less than a minute to sign myself up and fill in all the details and bingo the deal finished.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2012, 05:24:52 am »
The site said 15 sold and deal closed before. Now there are 17.
We may never know.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2012, 05:35:15 am »
We have Groupon, here in most large cities, I'm not sure where it started but they offer all kinds of deals that are really good if one is interested or needs the service or item.

A friend just bought this African Safari deal (for two people)
she had to pay 588.00 extra for the round trip from L.A. to New York but that in itself is a huge deal for two people.  

Almost everything is included except tips, drinks, etc.   Another friend went on this last year and had a fantastic time but paid almost twice as much.  

I bought a pair of leather club chairs and ottoman for $269.  - original price 899., discounted to 649. and the Groupon price less than half of that.  

I was very suspicious when I first heard of Groupon but my daughter tried some of their services and has purchased man of the weekend getaways in the Bay area and has yet to be disappointed.    
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2012, 05:36:42 am »

i reckon it was legit...but as to whether there was only 1 or really 17 machines sold is anyones guess..my guess is it was set up to get traffic to their website, all the other deals that are on that site are deals that i have seen on Catch of the day and other similar discount sites

My guess is that you are 100% CORRECT  baf65. We will be seeing more of that I would reckon from our Asian friends selling in Au. What  is that saying now " while the rats are away the mice will play" Is that it? Aloha baby!

Gertbysea

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2012, 05:43:00 am »
By the way, I keep forgetting to post this - I got one of Amazon's "You might be interested in this" messages a couple of days ago.

For this.
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2012, 05:47:04 am »
We have Groupon, here in most large cities, I'm not sure where it started but they offer all kinds of deals that are really good if one is interested or needs the service or item.

A friend just bought this African Safari deal (for two people)
she had to pay 588.00 extra for the round trip from L.A. to New York but that in itself is a huge deal for two people.  

Almost everything is included except tips, drinks, etc.   Another friend went on this last year and had a fantastic time but paid almost twice as much.  

I bought a pair of leather club chairs and ottoman for $269.  - original price 899., discounted to 649. and the Groupon price less than half of that.  

I was very suspicious when I first heard of Groupon but my daughter tried some of their services and has purchased man of the weekend getaways in the Bay area and has yet to be disappointed.    

I have heard the same andiesenji. Travel is one thing that does not need the huge  warehousing. Other retailers have huge warehouses full of STUFF.  Be more of it as the shop front disappears and  retailers go out of business. One big global virtual store.  No bugger will have a job but we will all be on line shopping.  Packing and shipping is the new employer. Now where is my masking tape machine thingy?  :-)) :-)) Post Offices were going to hell in a basket and now they are making it.  It's a shopping revolution. Hop on board.

Gert

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2012, 05:48:49 am »
By the way, I keep forgetting to post this - I got one of Amazon's "You might be interested in this" messages a couple of days ago.

For this.

That was one of the first books I bought on Kindle a long time ago. LOL!

Gert

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2012, 06:26:29 am »
Already have that book too from someone else who posted about it a while back??

This deal sounds dodgy but who knows.. Anything is possible..still i would be reluctant about something like that

We have groupon here too and other similar sites also and they work on getting customers in but only sell for a limited time ..works on the bums on seats theory in travel... Seems to work.. I have tried it out as hav friends and have to say i used it for a service a ailable and was disappointed (i think some people use groupon to drum up business they dont have) but friends have used them for different beauty services etc and havent been disappointed.. Usually there is. Huge discount.. Normally around the 60 percent off mark..here anyway!

Only problem i have heard about is in larger cities where people cant use their voucher by the use by date as for example a hotel will only let you stay during the week and not the weekend and by the time you can use it they are booked out..
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline LeeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2012, 06:51:13 am »
It is not so hard to guess what the landed price of the TMX is.  If a consultant gets a minimum of  $200 up to  $400. Then deduct that from the total. The distributor would get no less than a consultant  so another $400+ to her. Then there are  the group leaders getting their bit plus the managers so the actual cost of the machine would have to be under $1000. Probably well under. If it were  sold in a store it would be competitive. The distributor determines the price I would say as it is much cheaper in other countries.  The consultant has to work bl##dy hard to sell 6 machines a month to get the top commission.  Then they get sucked in by the ThermoFest  thinking they are rewarded rather than getting their just  due for a year of hard work. Of course the many consultants who fall by the wayside or displease the HO in some way
get zip. 

The job must be personally rewarding for some thank goodness but they have to put up with a lot of micro managing.

Gert

completely agree Gert. After working in retail, I baulk at retail prices now.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2012, 07:21:20 am »
I reckon there were 2 orders that were probably in the middle of being processed as the deal was closing @ 15 and therefore they were included. Bugger! if only I had jumped on the puter 5 mins earlier  :-))  I would have been prepared to give this deal a go.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2012, 08:12:55 am »

My guess is that you are 100% CORRECT  baf65. We will be seeing more of that I would reckon from our Asian friends selling in Au. What  is that saying now " while the rats are away the mice will play" Is that it? Aloha baby!

Gertbysea

I meant to say while the CAT is away.

Gert

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2012, 09:56:29 am »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D