Author Topic: Look what Target has ....  (Read 197519 times)

Offline greengoddess

• View Profile
Re: Look what Target has ....
« Reply #315 on: March 22, 2012, 09:04:00 pm »
Hello! This is my first post here on the TMX forum. I've had my TMX a few months and like all of you, love it to bits! I've been following the Bellini saga with obsessive interest - it's better than most soap operas! - and have to agree with a PP about the meanspirited comments regarding TMX owners etc. My sister had asked me what I thought about the Bellini as, like many others, she can't afford a TMX at the moment, but at $270/$400, it's still an expensive purchase for her so I said I'd look into it, hence my new hobby of seeking out Bellini reviews!

I had a bit of a :o moment tonight, which I thought I would share. I noticed on another forum that Bellini has a link to its new recipe book (http://www.belliniappliances.com.au/electrical/documents/BTMKM510%20-%20Kitchen%20Master%20Recipes.pdf) ..... but when I had a look at it, not only were the recipes less than inspired and the ingredient lists are incomplete (no surprises there), but the photos they use to illustrate the recipes are stock images from an online repository (www.shutterstock.com)!!!

It amazes me that a company can provide a recipe for what is essentially a berry sorbet (p 5 of the recipe book) and yet include a stock photo of a peach sorbet (http://www.shutterstock.com/cat.mhtml?searchterm=sorbet&search_group=&lang=en&search_source=search_form&x=15&y=10#id=60437506 .... which incidentally has been used on other websites - I did a quick google image search!). The other thing that amuses me is that this isn't even the nicest photo they could have chosen!!

If they can't be bothered photographing their own food, they can't have too much confidence in their recipes. Ha ha, what am I saying, the first cookbook was just a shambles and it takes longer than five minutes to put another one together.

ETA: Their photo on p4 not only does not resemble the recipe, but it's ripped off from a blog (which has great looking recipes!): http://www.mybestdaysever.com/sweet-corn-fritters/ Now that's shameless!!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 09:22:54 pm by greengoddess »

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 22, 2012, 09:36:19 pm »
Hi Greengoddess! . . and welcome!  Your sister is very lucky I think to have sought your opinion.  It would have been so disheartening to have spent hard earned dollars on what appears to be a very dodgy appliance.  The full price for a Thermomix is a hefty amount all at once.  Would the time payments be an option for your sister . . . or do you think she would consider becoming a consultant?  For what it's worth, I do think it would far better to hold out for the real deal rather than to lose money on inferior and unreliable "investments."

Good luck! - and thanks for the post - great combination of the internet - and those  :o  moments!!. . . . ;)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 09:40:34 pm by goldfish »

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 22, 2012, 10:36:19 pm »
Quite frankly I think buyers would be better off signing up for the payment plan for $15 per week. Bellini just can't be expected to produce what a German engineered product can do!
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 22, 2012, 10:40:33 pm »
Green goddess it is good to hear from you. Perfect example of how useful the Internet can be for researching.  Also good example about not believing everything you see and read on the Internet. If anyone believes that GSM has any  real interest in providing a serious cookbook for the Bellini then they  must be dreaming and have no idea what is involved.

I have noticed that  some bloggers are stealing images  of food from our very own Thermomix bloggers and passing them off as their own.  It is not very hard to trace these photos to the original postings so they should be aware.  Posting recipes without acknowledgement is bad enough without then stealing images. That is pathetic as well as lazy. Plagiarism is rife but easy to detect when whole sentences and paragraphs are lifted from other peoples work.  Sad to say this is  happening in our little Thermomix world.  I recently spotted an entire blog post lifted from one prominent Thermomix blogger in one country  to a new  Thermomix blogger  in another country. Disgusting. What is the point?

Well done to you GG.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 22, 2012, 10:44:02 pm »
Quite frankly I think buyers would be better off signing up for the payment plan for $15 per week. Bellini just can't be expected to produce what a German engineered product can do!

Too true Meagan or just put it on the old credit card if they really really must have it now. Many of us actually SAVED up for ours. Oops did I swear?

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Mashley

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 22, 2012, 10:48:48 pm »
From- http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/forums/showthread.php?449850-Bellini-multi-function-kitchen-machine&p=6456046#post6456046
Omg so disappointed. I rang up 5 minutes ago to see when my Bellini will come in and the manager advised they have just recieved notification today that they are removed from sale and won't be brought back. Obviously thermomix is onto them and there are copyright issues. Even ladies that laybyed them won't be able to get them off layby. Target have been told to destroy all of them
Hopefully mores machines/brands flood the market soon, I really want something like this

....and there it goes. So about a week on the market total. I'd imagine someone is losing their job over that debacle. I feel sorry for those that really want a thermy but can't afford one, but from all accounts, that thing wasn't even close.

Offline Ceejay

• View Profile
    • wisdom comes in many misguided forms
« Reply #321 on: March 22, 2012, 10:53:33 pm »
WOW... that's pretty major!  :o
The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star.
~Anthelme Brillat-Savarin~

I don't always cook!  Sometimes I even parent! ;)
musingnmayhem

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 22, 2012, 10:56:39 pm »
I genuinely feel disappointed for those who were really wanting this machine.....there is a demand for this type of product, and its shame that it's not an option for all  to purchase a TM.......I'm sure it won't be long before a more reputable brand will put something out there, so that in itself would be good news.

.....let's hope the next company does their homework !
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 11:04:51 pm by maddy »
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 22, 2012, 11:05:33 pm »
So which is true???

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 22, 2012, 11:07:36 pm »
I am guessing destroy the current ones because of the issues and it will cost them more to have them in the market. Most of them will be returned anyway and they are looking to save their face now with the new one (which of course everyone will get if they return for an exchange :-)))
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 22, 2012, 11:14:21 pm »
Sorry that screen shots not clear. Just go to the Target FB page to get the story from the horses mouth. Obviously the person from bubhub has been sadly let down as well as misled.  The product is being removed not for copyright reasons but for being defective. As for destroying the machine, I doubt it. Probably will be sold in another market.  Ok call me a cynical.

Gert

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 23, 2012, 12:10:36 am »
It was only a matter of time.  We all know if something seems to good to be true - it usually is!  It's a fundamental fact of life that we all know to be true yet people still get stung by these things.  I also feel for all the people who bought this machine in good faith, even that price is a lot of money for some people and I hope they all get their money back without any hassles.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 23, 2012, 12:22:55 am »
Until I see a recall on the Australian government product safety  recall web site I am assuming Target will be just pulling them from the shelves. Oh wait there on none left and it is not so much a safety factor as that the product was crap.

Wonder if the girls are having fun at the Thermofest in Hawill. will we see Grace wearing a coconut shell bra and hula skirt?

Gert

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 23, 2012, 01:19:06 am »
Gert, you crack me up.

will we see Grace wearing a coconut shell bra and hula skirt?  ;D ;D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 23, 2012, 02:06:38 am »
opppppps Bellini and Target!! the Bellini may now become a collectors item! 
I have found this whole saga very amusing!!  I love reading all the latest updates!
what happened to the new Bellinis that were on their way with their new software update!  It is pretty bad of Target to recall items that people had put on layby and not offer another option