Author Topic: Look what Target has ....  (Read 197534 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: Look what Target has ....
« Reply #270 on: March 18, 2012, 10:26:45 pm »
Actually looking back on my now DH's iPad I see I didn't take a photo of the price but I did take a VDO. Yeah,

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 18, 2012, 10:37:20 pm »
Oh my goodness :o :o :o :o :o Have just caught up on this thread and some of the related info on other sites. Scary stuff.

IMHO mentioning this (couldn't think of an appropriate adjective here) appliance in the same breath as the thermomix is misleading to say the least. Off to the local shops today so might have to go to Target's small appliance section for a look ;D ;D
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 18, 2012, 10:48:16 pm »
Oh my goodness :o :o :o :o :o Have just caught up on this thread and some of the related info on other sites. Scary stuff.

IMHO mentioning this (couldn't think of an appropriate adjective here) appliance in the same breath as the thermomix is misleading to say the least. Off to the local shops today so might have to go to Target's small appliance section for a look ;D ;D

You may not find one as they seem to be either sold or or maybe withdrawn. Who knows.you can but ask.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 19, 2012, 01:51:21 am »
E bay seller, says No returns.
So what happens then to who ever buys the Bellini from her.

Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 19, 2012, 02:01:48 am »
for such a friendly forum we seem to be getting a bit of a reputation out there in 'other forum land' as being old biddies, snobs and wanting this other machine to fail so we can feel better about our purchase!!
guess they wont be wanting to use any of the recipes or advice from our forum members then

i think we all realise the bellini has its place and i think most of the upset started with the ripped of recipe book!

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 19, 2012, 02:03:17 am »
Hi Robyn - apparently the receipt from Target is included . . .so the poor ebay purchaser can take it back to Target when the thing dies.  An exercise in futility from beginning to end.

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 19, 2012, 02:11:51 am »
what an enterprising ebay seller!!  almost as funny as those selling thermoservers for over the odds or TM cookbooks! actually more fool the buyers!

still a quick review of the various forums should be enough to put anyone off at the moment, i would certainly be holding off purchasing a bellini for a few weeks

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 19, 2012, 03:18:40 am »
I think it's hilarious the 'reputation' the forum seems to be getting. I think we feel for the folks that have bought the Bellini more than anything else. We certainly welcomed TC owners and will welcome other owners should they wish to join us.

I've actually written this at the  Perth airport on the iPad. We are all checked in etc and simply waiting round now until we board in about 15 minutes or so. We're on Qantas wifi at the moment. Hopefully we'll pick up some in Singapore.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 19, 2012, 03:33:01 am »
Cookie I forgot to tell you that there is free wifi at Singapore Airport. You have to go to the info kiosk  to get the password on a wee bit of paper. Don't know why they bother with that.

Forgetaboutus and have a great holiday. Yet another this year eh?

Gert

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 19, 2012, 05:22:12 am »
Here is another honest review of the Bellini

http://myintelliexperiment.wordpress.com/tag/thermomix/

Gert

Offline AmandaN

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 19, 2012, 07:12:23 am »
I was just looking at the yourhomedepot site.  They sell a blade and jug set for the TC - just under $90.  Wish the TMX jug set was a bit more affordable (or should I say......justifiable to DH).

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 19, 2012, 07:20:56 am »
I was just looking at the yourhomedepot site.  They sell a blade and jug set for the TC - just under $90.  Wish the TMX jug set was a bit more affordable (or should I say......justifiable to DH).

Now that is handy and affordable for the ThermoChef owners. I doubt you will be able to buy parts for the Bellini which is a shame.

Yup be good if the Thermomix jug and blade sets were a bit cheaper. It is handy  to have an extra jug.

Gert

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 19, 2012, 08:48:59 am »
Here is another honest review of the Bellini

http://myintelliexperiment.wordpress.com/tag/thermomix/

Gert

Oh dear....it seems the risotto was a complete disaster  :-\
Returning and replacing the units is fine, but I would think this problem will keep occurring until they use thicker, better quality steel for the jug...and possibly re-think the heating element......a real shame, as many people have a renewed interest in cooking, and this experience will tarnish that.
I think $ 269-400 is An expensive appliance just to make dips/sorbet/ or anything else that does not require cooking.
.........EAT CAKE!

mcmich

« Reply #284 on: March 19, 2012, 09:41:08 am »
I agree Maddy, you could all that in a food processor.