Author Topic: Look what Target has ....  (Read 198534 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: Look what Target has ....
« Reply #330 on: March 23, 2012, 02:45:39 am »
Well baf65 no where has there been any confirmation of a recall only  gossip at this stage but I am loving the  Target FB page. Too funny.  Gossip and more ill informed chat all over the web.

What a week in the Thermomix world.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #331 on: March 23, 2012, 04:06:54 am »
Well after reading the posts just now I decided to call target's customer relations line to find out what is happening. " withdrawn not recalled from sale due to legal reasons"!!!! When i asked if it was copyright reasons she said yes!!!!!

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 23, 2012, 04:15:07 am »
I'm surprised they actually answered you courton.
......then what's the go with the thermochef?  ???  how could that be fine......or maybe it was Bellini's recipe book that got them in the poop!
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 23, 2012, 04:39:37 am »
I would not rely on any person from any department in Target to actually know the truth. I would like to see an official statement in print first and one that can be verified.

The ThermoChef is a whole different machine and I have not heard any complaints about it to date. Anyone?

The legal issue could be anything but I doubt the machine would be withdrawn because of the cookbook as that is another issue all together.

Most likely they are sick of the whole thing and they have had too many returns. My guess is they are surprised at the reaction from the public.

I bet HO is wiggling them grass skirted  hips in delight at the publicity.

Someone says her jug even buckled. Shows how crappy the "steel" was. it did not look or feel like stainless steel to me. More like aluminum to the touch.

I cannot for the life of me figure out why anyone would want a copy of the Thermomix 21 when you can buy one on line for around the same price.

If HO were selling the Thermomix on line for a reasonable price then paying consultants to give a delivery demo they would save themselves a lot on infrastructure and the consultants a lot of angst. Would that work?

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 23, 2012, 05:05:14 am »
This saga just keeps on going... It must be a real pain for those caught up in it.
Lately there seems to be quite a few Australian businesses discovering the power of social media up close and personal.
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 23, 2012, 05:53:11 am »
so...bellini hasnt recalled the product...target arent allowed to sell it due to legal ...so even if the product is still going to be avaiable who is going to sell it!! i am thinking Target arent going to want to run the risk again!  Maybe its because the steamer and the spatula are EXACTLY the same as the ones on the TM31 which is still under patent....whilst the patent may have run out on the TM21, that model didnt have that type of varoma
also seems stupid to buy something with the expectation of 'oh well i will take it back at some stage' ...!!!

let the saga continue its quite amusing!

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #336 on: March 23, 2012, 06:00:51 am »
This is all very interesting. Can't believe all this has happened in such a short time. From when Faffa first noticed the Bellini in the Target catalogue to now its been withdrawn all in just a week. Wow.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline RosieB

• DGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 23, 2012, 06:24:24 am »
My daughter had put one on layby the day the Target special came out.
I had started to worry when I saw all the reports on here, and other forums that it may not be the answer to her problems :(
Today she has sent me a message..
"oh i put the cooker on layby last week, paid the deposit yesterday and then received a call today from target to say that there had been a recall placed on it, and that they had to cancel my layby!'

So at least she won't have to go thru the saga of having it be faulty and return it.   

I saw somewhere down this thread about the TM21.
What were these like?  And where could i get one for her.   Are they kid friendly?  She has a 14YO and 3 littlies.  The 14YO helps out a lot in the kitchen   :D   and the others try   :D
I can't afford the real deal TM31, or even a TC for her unfortunately. :-\
Rosalie, from the Sunshine Coast, Qld.
Retired, full time carer for my 8YO Grandson with Asperger's Syndrome. 
I love gardening and cooking.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 23, 2012, 06:29:16 am »
RosieB just have a look on eBay  or Google TMX21 and see what comes up. There is a lot of info about this machine on the web.

Gretchen

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 23, 2012, 08:11:26 am »
Target have finally spoken on their FB page....they say.....

Thank you to everyone who has contacted us about the Bellini Multifunction Kitchen Machine. We’d like to advise you that this product has not been recalled and is perfectly safe to continue using. However we regret to inform our customers that this product has been removed from show in our stores, and we will be unable to fulfil any lay-by or raincheck orders at this stage. Customers affected by this will receive a full refund on any lay-by deposits paid. We will keep you informed as soon as we have further information, but encourage you to contact us on 1800 814 788 if you have any further questions.

.....and there is some unhappy customers understandably!
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #340 on: March 23, 2012, 08:29:13 am »
Ps. The one thing the target was keen to convey was that Bellini is a target brand ...a house brand

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 23, 2012, 02:52:13 pm »
As you know I had a miserable fail when I tried to make bread on the first and second attempt. There was smoke and an E3 error message. I put the machine aside and was going to have a bit more of a play with it but I have just been too busy, and being a tad time poor have really only used my TM cos I know there is not going to be a failure. I agree that there has been blatant copyright issues and any company who has a reputable machine would not be so amatuer or unethical as to copy another machines recipe book word for word. I have rung up Target on the 1800 number and without hesitation the girl said that the money will be refunded so there is no problem there as I always knew there wouldn't be.  I always knew that the TM would be the better quality machine, but for a machine that was going to be stuck in a cupboard and used perhaps once or twice every couple of months when we visited our beach house the Bellini was a much more attractive proposition than lugging my TM 3 hours there and back for a day or so. Even a TC is quite expensive for this amount of usage. In some ways, I still want to give it a better trial before taking it back but I have it all packed up and the box is in the way. I regret even now giving in this early, and am not embarrassed to say I even want to hang on to it for another week. A second hand TM21 is out of the question for me, as I think that I would not pay that much money for an old machine. "Given the money" (lol) - if only!) I would prefer to have a 2 year warranty on a brand new machine and buy the TC as there has so far been positive feedback. Given the popularity of the TM and the technology and resources available, it is only a matter of time before there will be cheap and reliable machines available. Like so many good inventions, the original will be swallowed up and forgotten, and improvments made on the concept. Cooking with my TM has really improved our diets, and its a shame that more people cannot enjoy this way of cooking so I say "bring it on!"
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #342 on: March 23, 2012, 09:52:33 pm »
I was wondering how you were going CP with the Bellini, well you have answered that.
At least you can get a full refund if you decide to take it back.
I do hope that Bellini come back with a better machine without the issues so more people can benefit from healthier eating without the huge price tag. I was tempted to buy one just to compare it with the TM (not that I needed one).
I'm sure this is just the beginning of what's to come, there are probably half a dozen machines out there being built and tested by different company's ready to hit our market sooner or later.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 23, 2012, 10:01:57 pm »
It is a shame CreamPuff  but it was worth a try.  Everyone's expectations were just too high. If it was  just a blender that cooked ok then that would have worked but  it was trying to be something  it did not have the technology for  and over priced at that.

I see some poor bugger has bid $406 plus postage on eBay. How crazy is that?

All the publicity has been invaluable to Thermomix though and the consultants can breath a sigh of relief.

It was an exciting week in our little world.

Gert.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 23, 2012, 10:56:31 pm »
I bought a secondhand TM21 for my Mum last year. It was $700

No problems with it at all. I sourced it from Melbourne, bought from a very well known restaurant who upgraded to TM31.
So they are out there, if you look.

Robyn ;D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url