Author Topic: Fructose Friendly (FF) recipes for people with Fructose Malabsorption (FM)  (Read 6770 times)

Offline belfie

• View Profile
Hi everyone,

I'm starting this thread to try & keep a central list of recipes that are either already fructose friendly or have been tweaked to be fructose friendly.

For those who aren't familiar with Fructose Malabsorption - the best place to understand it is probably here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fructose_malabsorption
A source of frustration amongst FMers is that the diet always seems to be changing which can make trying to cope with a wide range of restrictions all the more frustrating.  Also, individuals will vary significantly as to how much they can tolerate.  Some folks are only sensitive to high fructose foods (primarily the fruits) whereas others will react to the fructans as well (more typically found in things like wheat, onions, garlic etc). The reason I say this is particularly for consultants who might do demos for those with FM, you will really need to check with the individual as to what they can tolerate - but be mindful of things like onion in your veggie stock etc.

I will also add that my any recipe tweaks that I contribute to will also typically be dairy-free (my DH's fault), treenut-free & egg-free (that'd be my son's fault ;)) too - obviously these wouldn't normally be considerations for someone with FM.  And I hope others will also post with recipes that they've found or modified as well.

Ok so some recipes I've already spotted, or tweaked:
carrot dip
KFC coating
Quick Caramel Custard
Ketchup from My Way of Cooking
P.S. can someone tell me how to do a short URL link ? (i.e. just the recipe name, not the whole URL showing?) - I used to be able to but can't remember how!

Cheers & happy eating,
Belfie
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 08:36:18 am by belfie »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Here's the link belfie.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline belfie

• View Profile
thanks so much for that - I've tidied it up a bit.  Need to find some more recipes now! tehehe.