Author Topic: Recipe Review - Berry & Vanilla Pannacotta Quick Fix in the TMX page 158  (Read 8643 times)

Offline chrissa

• View Profile
Re: Recipe Review - Berry & Vanilla Pannacotta Quick Fix in the TMX page 158
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2012, 10:18:03 pm »
This turned out ok even with double the amount of gelatine in the jelly.

I would increase the amount of Pannacotta though, it looked ok in the photo but when you cut it, it was a bit thin
I do the best I can

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2013, 02:06:32 am »
I made this yesterday and unmoulded it today.  I was a little disapointed with the appearance, since the pannacotta layer seems to have separated into 2  ??? ???

I followed the instructions to the letter, so am not sure why the cream/milk layer separated.  Any suggestions?

However, I am sure my 3 boys will eat it without caring what it looks like  ;) ;)  ;D
Karen in Adelaide

Offline alyce alexandra

• View Profile
    • alyce alexandra cookbooks
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2013, 09:33:50 am »
Hi Karen, it is so annoying when panna cottas do that! I know the feeling. I think it has to do with the cream used. if the cream hasnt been homogenized (such as pure cream) then i find it does split. whereas is the cream is thickened cream, then I find it stays together and doesnt form layers. I usually use pure cream in ALL my recipes, but I have recently swapped to thickened cream when making panna cottas for that reason.
If you try it again let me know how you go !
Thanks, alyce

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2013, 12:13:17 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply Alyce - I think you might be right.  I used pure unhomogenised cream to make this.  Mind you, there were no complaints when it was served up!  Next time I will try the thickened cream and see how it goes.  Thanks again for your reply - I was thinking that it was something I had done wrong!
Karen in Adelaide

Offline Shazzy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2013, 12:28:51 pm »
Made this for Christmas lunch and everyone loved it. It was so easy to make. The only issue was that I used Rapadura sugar in the pannacotta so it was a bit brown - but still lovely. Will definitely make this one again.