Author Topic: DF, GF, Egg Free (EF?) chocolate Birthday Cake Recipe  (Read 3723 times)

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
DF, GF, Egg Free (EF?) chocolate Birthday Cake Recipe
« on: January 16, 2012, 08:39:59 pm »
DD2 will have her 2nd Birthday in a week and a half, and I really want to treat her to a delicious, messy chocolate cake she can get all over her face.  Slightly hampered by the fact that she can't eat dairy, and shouldn't eat gluten, and should be avoiding egg wherever possible (varying levels of intolerance which have been diagnosed)

Do you have any ideas as to a suitable recipe I can use for her?  I'd love it to be very yummy for her without any of the illness or unpleasant side effects which normal cake would bring.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: DF, GF, Egg Free (EF?) chocolate Birthday Cake Recipe
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 08:47:03 pm »
Is this recipe of any help Caroline :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 09:04:42 pm »
Good find CC, that's the one I had in mind but I couldn't find it :P
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 11:45:31 pm »
The recipe link that has been posted is fine except that obviously you have to change it to gluten free flour which is how I make it and it seems to turn out fine using the same quantity of flour as in the original recipe.
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 09:25:02 am »
That's fantastic CC, thanks - and thanks Merlin for taking the guess work out for me   :-*
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!