Author Topic: A German Group Meeting  (Read 7237 times)

Offline leesmac78

• View Profile
A German Group Meeting
« on: November 15, 2011, 05:37:00 am »
Hi all,

Ed and I went to our group meeting last night.  What fun.  It was honestly 0° and freezing but we went!

My group leader hosted a delightful evening with about 10 of us attending.  We received our new diaries for the year and chatted jabout dates to come,  then she went through the flip chart and did is demo for us. So wonderful and so fun. We all cooked together and ate together and had a super time. We drank wine and laughed a lot and rolled out of there quite late, for a Monday night!

According to Vorwerk here in Germany, the tea towel drying is completely safe to do in a demo.  They laughed at me when I said that in Australia demonstrators were not allowed to do it because of the warranty problems. Evidently here there is no problem to do this and in fact the encourage it.

The only other wondering amongst us all was could we buy a flip chart in Australia that is In English?  Myself and another darling lady would love these for when we do demos to English speaking people. Also the recipe cards you use for a demo, could they too be purchased? Not every English person wants so much cabbage in their demo, which is clearly designed for their German market...

Also, is there enormous pressure to sell a particular quota each month in Australia?  For example, here we have two ways of buying Thermie.  Either you earn it in demos, in which there is some pressure to sell or you do what I did and buy it upfront.  Then, there is almost no pressure to sell ever.  So long as you look enthusiastic and try (like me) that is all they ask.  I suppose I had better sell something someday otherwise there is little point to attending the group meetings at all. 

Luckily, my demo has been rescheduled for Dec 1st, which gives me more time to understand the stupid forms that I need in case someone wants to finance the machine,  as we don't accept credit cards!  The forms as so long and all in German and require me to phone the bank at some ridiculous hour through the night, with the customer present, to let them know whether they were approved or declined.  Stressful!!!!!

Hope you are all well,

Xxx

;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: A German Group Meeting
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 08:44:49 am »
Sounds like some of the time it is fun and at others, not so much fun Lee. Strange they don't accept credit cards over there.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 08:46:33 am »
Lee the evening sounds like fun, but the filling in of forms sounds horrendous. I do hope you are able to get some English flip charts etc.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline tarasis

• Stay at home dad with a Thermomix & 2 kids :)
    • View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 09:57:14 am »
There I though Lee was suggesting a German get together from the subject.

I remember the form from when we, well my wife, ordered one (I wasn't really paying attention, wasn't at the first demo my wife attended and didn't pay any attention to the second demo which we had at our house - other than being forced to try one of the rolls, a dip and some Jam). It did seem to go on forever.

Sounds like you had an interesting time, were there any hints of new books / things / whatever coming down the pipe?
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

http://tarasis.net

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 11:46:48 am »
Lee,good on you for having a go.
I have been wondering where you were. Can't help with any of your questions I'm afraid. The form sounds horrid but will help with your German perhaps
Denise

Offline leesmac78

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 05:41:10 pm »
Sorry for the silence. Not only am I am wanna be Thermomix seller, I am also Middle School Coordinator and co producing our Chiristmas Winter Show "Oliver" and masquerading as the musical director.  I fly to Australia on December 19th and it cannot come a moment too soon.  I am still madly Thermomixing and having a lovely time. 

Silly question, do you get little booklets from your dealers with recipes and can you also get a yearly subscription to little magazines that come out a few times a year too???

Xxx

;D

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 07:58:20 pm »
I don't get either,would like to subscribe to a booklet though.
You sound rushed off your feet ( guess it's one way to keep warm over there)
Denise

Offline tarasis

• Stay at home dad with a Thermomix & 2 kids :)
    • View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 08:28:13 pm »
Silly question, do you get little booklets from your dealers with recipes and can you also get a yearly subscription to little magazines that come out a few times a year too???

Are we supposed to get those in Germany Lee? Because we certainly don't.
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

http://tarasis.net

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 08:31:52 pm »
Lee it sounds as though your life is a whirlwind at present - you will be so looking forward to the Christmas break - BTW something to warm you - it is expected 33degs (C) here today (sorry I can't send some your way!!!!)  :)  :)
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 12:53:11 am »
We can't get TMX magazines here but I remember reading somewhere that they can be bought in Europe.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2011, 07:04:22 am »
I've seen quite a collection of TMX Magazines in Spain - I did buy a couple some time ago but haven't really used them because I'm too lazy to try and translate the recipes and there are so many good recipes in English on here  :D :D

Offline shanmac

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2011, 12:04:10 pm »
OMG Lee stop & take a breath. I'm exhausted from just  reading what your trying to get done!!

Surely from a company that can make a Thermomix they can create some software program that would enable you to complete the paperwork online??

Shan x
Shannon, Bendigo Victoria - mum of 4

Offline leesmac78

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 06:03:17 pm »
You would think.  I am dreading if someone wants to buy a machine because once I have the order form, then what?? Smoke signals to head office?? I never asked that bit.  What a disastrous thermomix consultant I will be!!!

Xxx

;D

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 06:08:21 pm »
Don't panic, Lee, you'll be fine - you are a perfect TMX consultant.  Just start at the beginning and work your way through the papers systematically, go slowly and if you get stuck well, German isn't your first language and most people will understand, be sympathetic and make allowances for that - I've always found that if you can laugh at your own errors and slip ups most things turn out OK in the end.  Your personality will see you through, anyway, and I'm sure Ed will not be far away and be able to help if things go badly awry.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2011, 11:41:29 am »
dont panic lee im sure you will be fine... they dont accept credit cards here either however they do have finance over 10 months which is paid for via your bank account otherwise you can pay by cheque or cash...credit cards arent that big here either...if you dont have the funds then you just dont get it...not like oz where you can have years of interest free and ridiculous payment plans pretty much everywhere...also they have a rule here that you need to earn at least 3 times more than the repayments and after a certain age you cant get any credit anywhere its automatically refused...  In France they have a quarterly magazine and open days publisicing new books, promos ..the magazine has around 20 seasonal recipes and we can buy old magazines for a cheaper price..

maybe ask a consultant when your in oz if ou can get the english versions lee and have a lovely christmas in oz...will be very jealoius of your hot chrissy... grey, rainy, coldand miserable here...brrrrr have fun!
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/