Author Topic: I love you All!  (Read 7378 times)

Offline leesmac78

• View Profile
I love you All!
« on: November 07, 2011, 06:47:08 pm »
Hi Everyone,

Once again, this Forum has proved its worth in gold over and over again.  I popped a little message on the other day asking for a little help and a kind Angel helped me out more than I can imagine. 

The way each and everyone interacts together warms the cockles of my heart and I am truly blessed to be acquainted with you all.

Having said this, I was having a little think and a little dream. 

I keep reading about this plan for a get together in Perth and feel all jealous that I cannot be there. So here is my idea.

Wouldn't it be just wonderful to have a virtual Thermomix party.  Imagine we get as many of us together as we can in each Australian capital city, one person hosts and some how we video conference or Skype in so that we are all together. How wonderful would it be to all be together?

I am great with ideas but I am not always good at organizing something as tricky as video conferencing.  Maybe someone knows someone?  Is there some "free" way that we could do this?  Nothing major but just a kind of afternoon tea, where we could all be "together" at one time.

Anyone like my idea?

xxx

;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: I love you All!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 09:59:04 pm »
Sounds great in theory Lee but don't know if you could pull that one off.  I for one don't/can't skype and because of the different time zones, it would be very difficult I would think.  Others may have different opinions though.  Your dream is a lovely idea.  :-* :-*
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 10:02:02 pm »
In theory, I'm supportive of that enthusiastic community spirit, Leesmac, but I'm tired, tired, tiredcoming up to the end of the year and sitting by myself feeling the buzz of the community is just about as much oomph as I can muster right now.  The thought of trying to organise Skype sends me running for cover.  I've had international hookups before and screens up in lecture theatre, trying to bribe participants to come at an awkward hour so it will be convenient for another country.  Please forgive me but count me out this year.
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 01:03:51 am »
Lee I love the idea but don't 'know nuttin' about skype. I wonder what the time differences would be like? Hey why don't you just come over to the next Perth one? :-*
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 02:28:34 am »
Lee, it's a great idea, it would be lovely to see and talk to everyone, but I think the sheer logistics of it would make it nigh on impossible.

As Cookie, suggested, you and Ed could always do a personal tour of Australia and meet us all in groups in our various regional centres - that sounds like a pretty good idea to me!  Just think of it - The Lee and Ed Travelling Show!!!!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 02:52:17 am »
It would be wonderful if we could Lee.

I have been thinking for a while how fun it would be to have a "forum foodie fest" weekend.  A nice hotel, lovely meals, informal chats with thermomix-using chefs, an advanced cooking class with Tenina etc in a central Aussie location. It would be expensive to do of course but if the date was set for 2013 or 2014 that would give lots of time to save up and plan. I know I would definitely attend. ;D ;D

Offline Mary Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 02:56:19 am »
Chelsea ... great idea... yes we need a 'like ' button  :)
Lifes like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get................

Offline Merrilyn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 03:43:36 am »
Lee, what a darling you are to think of something like that, and what a pleasure it would be to meet you and Ed, and some of our wonderful thermomix ladies and gents.

I know very little about Skype, but if some clever techno genius could set things up, then count me in !
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 03:53:37 am by Merrilyn »
Never ask a 2 year old to hold a tomato  :-)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 03:46:36 am »
I can skype on my ipad if thats any help ;D

Great idea, but if i dont get my sleep I AM GRUMPY

Hally :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 03:53:26 am »
Is it possible to skype more than two locations at once?  Someone told me that couldn't be done - but that was about a year ago and things change so fast these days that ifnormation could well be out of date by now.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 04:50:26 am »
I can skype. I think it may be very hard though to have a group conversation as I have only ever skyped 1 on 1, and the atmosphere of being in a chatty group may be lost amongst the computers  :D Perhaps we can have an annual get together, and choose the month well in advance like May? Then everyone including those overseas and interstate can pop in if they are going to be around.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline flavourofthemonth

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2011, 04:57:03 am »
What about a regular "chat"?

Some 10 or 12 years ago when I was newly hooked up to the www, I would often drop into chat rooms that were of interest to me. Back then I was sewing and crafting quite a bit. I loved it. Haven't done it in many many years.

Just a thought.  ;)

Offline leesmac78

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2011, 05:15:46 am »
Oh darlings, I was not trying to exhaust you, rather inspire you.  No rush, just keep the idea in mind.  Skype would not do and don't worry about our time Zone, plan it according to Australia.  The whistle stop Lee and Ed tour happens regularly enough so we could visit you certainly in Melbourne and Adelaide.

Xxx

;D

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2011, 09:19:59 am »
It's a lovely idea Lee. I was once on a scrapbooking forum where we made a day and time to all be online on the forum at the same time.
We had games to play - favourite this and favourite that etc and just generally chatted away. Most of us were in Australia, but there were a few spread around the world and they still managed to be online at that time. 

Just a thought...
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2011, 09:44:44 am »
l love all these ideas and will jion in were l can
 l am not much of a computer person but my husband knows more about it than me and he helps me all the time
l have often thought a weekend away would be good or a chat room

South West WA AUSTRALIA