Author Topic: Silly Question  (Read 6556 times)

Offline leesmac78

• View Profile
Silly Question
« on: October 26, 2011, 05:39:46 am »
Hi Loves,

If I want to order In the Mix, do I order directly from Australia's head office or do I need to buy it through a demonstrator? I fancy buying it for Thermie for Christmas. I will buy myself the Varoma one here in Germany but as I am only allowed to purchase one per month for myself and Ed, I thought I would buy one for Thermie too!  He works hard and should be rewarded for his efforts!

xxx

;D

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
Re: Silly Question
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 06:50:12 am »
Not a silly question but what I am reading postage is a killer like $60.00 it makes it one expensive book. Head office seem to be slow answering o/s email from what I have read on here.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 06:56:10 am »
Didn't they say it would be available from UK TMX office early December?

Yes, here it is in this thread from Dani herself - just scroll down.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 07:04:12 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 07:57:04 am »
I love the idea of buying 'Thermie' a gift. I think I'll gift wrap a speccy cake tin for Termite for Christmas.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 06:36:53 pm »
be patient and get it from the uk office in december lee...thats what i plan to do....thats a hefty postage fee for one book...easy to justify if you have a few items but one lone book I found it a bit excessive..
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline leesmac78

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 04:39:19 pm »
Okay, okay. I will wait.  But i will be in Australia in December too so it doesn't Really matter either way

Xxx

;D

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 05:52:57 pm »
oh lucky you well make sure you enjoy the sun and warm weather for me  8)...not going back to oz this year but my brother is planning on  coming over here...

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2011, 06:08:57 pm »
you must be so excited to see your brother, i have not seen 1 of my brothers for 18 years , :'(, a few years ago i saw my sis that
i hadn't seen in over 25 years

i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2011, 07:39:03 pm »
yes its always good to catch up with family  ;D and i especially love the look on their faces and their reaction to the ice and snow and how it glistens etc not to mention the cold lol ...wow that must be hard uni... but with the distance and cost it does get a bit much... we' used to go every year if not more to oz in the beginning but then we wanted to spend the money on the house plus travel elsewhere...family is important but so is living..always a price to pay ...do you use skype uni?? i do skype once a week with my family as its the only time when everyone is home together at a reasonable hour..!!   Its better than nothing plus I ring htem pretty much every day..

are they in italy uni and you havent been to visit?? Thats a long time not to see family...i find it hard keeping it to 2 or so years although since the grandkids my parents are wanting to see the kids more often so are arranging trips here and there.. next year they are comig over for a month and the year after are talking about coming over for a white christmas..I do get a little jealous when other expats see their families several times a year but often their families are alot closer than mine so cant really complain..thats not a fun trip..i so hate that flight...painstakingly long!  If only the would invent some form of time travel ...zip and your there!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 07:41:48 pm by Frozzie »

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2011, 07:56:02 pm »
My brother or sister have no idea how to use a computer ,come to think of it out of 8 of us there is only 2 of us that know about them lol
My DH has no desire to visit Italy strange i know and if i went alone it would be very hard to leave my DH for 3 months. i need to go to Bali today for only 13 days and we find it very hard to be apart (sad but true)
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011, 08:03:10 pm »
i can understanbd that uni..being together since such a young age...can very much understand not wanting to be apart from him...or of each other..

I dont have that problem as due to DHs job he is often not here so I miss him all the time even though he is here most nights but definately used to travelling and being away from DH unfortunately..i wish he was with home more ... :-))

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, 08:04:39 pm »
When we went away in the middle of the year this year, DH got together with his sisters for the first time in 11 years, for me, I got back to my cousins and aunt for the first time in approx. 20 years.  It's so hard when you are so far away and, although they say the worlds is a smaller place now with air travel, etc., it's not always easy to get away - travelling to the other side of the globe takes time and money which we don't all necessarily have.

At least phones, skype and email are faster and cheaper now than ever before.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 12:08:19 am »
My brother or sister have no idea how to use a computer ,come to think of it out of 8 of us there is only 2 of us that know about them lol
My DH has no desire to visit Italy strange i know and if i went alone it would be very hard to leave my DH for 3 months. i need to go to Bali today for only 13 days and we find it very hard to be apart (sad but true)

No, not sad, we are the same and I feel blessed to have a partner whom I love and loves me like that. We have been together for 25 years. Although, I think it is good for the romance to be apart occasionally.  So enjoy Bali and enjoy reuniting. 
Denise

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2011, 12:11:58 am »
Have a lovely time in Bali Uni - do what you have to do then rush home to DH who will be so pleased to have you back.  I'm sure you have filled the freezer with meals for him but as you have said before, he only needs to walk downstairs to DS's restaurant and will be taken care of.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2011, 12:13:49 am »
I love the idea of buying 'Thermie' a gift. I think I'll gift wrap a speccy cake tin for Termite for Christmas.
What a good idea  ;D ;D
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.