Author Topic: Newbie from Darwin, NT  (Read 8043 times)

Offline Slice of Health

• View Profile
    • Slice of Health Facebook Page
Newbie from Darwin, NT
« on: October 15, 2011, 10:42:19 pm »
Hi, I've had my thermomix for just over a week and love it already. It's turned cooking into a hobby rather than a chore. I've been peeking at this forum and printed out some recipes I can't wait to try but mainly sticking to the cookbook with the basic recipes first. I have yet to try steaming but am most impressed with the array of things I can make already! I've bought nuts, dried fruit, heaps of fruit and veggies. We have never eaten so well, just good honest food without all the fillers and additives. I'm about to try my hand at some home made muesli now so better get to it. 
Eva, Slice of Health (my personal Thermomix blog)
www.sliceofhealth.com.au
www.facebook.com/sliceofhealthrecipes
Darwin, NT

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
Re: Newbie from Darwin, NT
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 11:15:47 pm »
Hi and welcome to the forum Kulsha. when you say, sticking to the cookbook with the basic recipes first, do mean the book that comes with the TM
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 11:43:59 pm »
Welcome to the Forum.  Use the recipes you find here and you will be amazed at what your TMX will do.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 12:06:37 am »
Hi Kulsha, welcome to the forum.  You don't need to be an experienced TMX cook to try the recipes from this forum, they are clearly set out and easy to follow. You will more more than happy with those you find here, try those which have the most reviews until you get the hang of your machine. This is CP's favourite list of recipes, have a browse of that.  Steaming is so easy and we have some great 'all-in-one recipes' to take advantage of this machine's capabilities.  Have fun.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 02:56:10 am »
Welcome to the forum Kulcha. I'm sure you will love it as much as we all do.
 I was in Darwin about a month ago, staying at Lee Point Caravan Park. I had my trusty TMX with me. I must admit we did eat out a bit in Darwin though, but it was handy for sorbets etc after we'd been down to the pool. :D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Slice of Health

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 11:09:04 am »
Hi all, and thanks for the warm welcome.

This is a really active friendly forum and Judy, you are right that the recipes that are posted are well documented and seem easy to follow. Tonight I made the honey soy chicken by rainbow: http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=6371.0 after wondering what I was going to make ... I had some thigh fillets not sure what to do with... did a search on the forums and found that great recipe with all the ingredients I had at home. I will post my photo there shortly.

fundj, yes I meant the book that came with the TMX, the Every Day Cooking book. I am finding it very good also and the only thing that didn't turn out so far was the porridge (too watery for me), but I just increase the cooking time and it works every time now. I'm pretty keen on trying the chocolate/almond type cake too. Infact I can't wait to try so many things is too exciting!

Cookie1, I know Lee Point Caravan Park and that area quite well, looks like you cleared out just in time as the build-up in our humidity is striking full force now and not so comfy for the tourists, its very very hot. Wow you took your Thermomix travelling! I imagine it must be perfect for a caravan or motor home.

One thing I am interested to know is how many people got rid of some of their other appliances (eg food processor, juicer etc). I am thinking I probably won't need these any more and am eye-ing off my newfound potential cupboard space...
www.sliceofhealth.com.au
Darwin, NT

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 11:30:47 am »
Welcome to the forum Kulsha.It's great to hear that the TM has sparked you into enjoying your cooking. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 12:54:28 pm »
One thing I am interested to know is how many people got rid of some of their other appliances (eg food processor, juicer etc). I am thinking I probably won't need these any more and am eye-ing off my newfound potential cupboard space...

We have a thread on this one Kulsha here.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Slice of Health

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 01:58:27 pm »
Thanks Judy, exactly what I was after.  ;D
www.sliceofhealth.com.au
Darwin, NT

Offline leesmac78

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 08:40:24 pm »
Welcome to the forum.  I am trying to get around to ebaying all my old food processors and blenders to make room in my kitchen for all the food that I make. You won't ever need a blender, food processor or anything that chops.  I kept but seldom use my Bamix stick blender and I will never part with my Kenwood, as it was a gift.  The Kenwood is still wonderful for egg whites and cream whipping.  The stick mixer is useful for really large quantities of soup in a pot.  Clear out your kitchen and have a ball with Thermie!

Xxx

;D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 09:22:34 pm »
I just gave away all my appliances that I don't use anymore.

It saved me lots of cupboard space, and glad I helped some friends.

Robyn :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2011, 09:32:09 pm »
Unfortunately Kulcsha, we all got rid of processors etc only to be tempted by other pieces of equipment. Tip, don't go into the shopping thread. I thought Thermie was the end of my gadget collecting,now have Icecream machine and vacumn sealer and contemplating dehydrator!
Denise

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2011, 11:06:39 pm »
dehydrator :-)) i am really thinking of maybe, should I, get one  :-))

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2011, 11:07:40 pm »
Just don't go where Trudy and Faffa have!
Denise

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2011, 11:08:54 pm »
i know,what a disgrace >:(