Author Topic: Polenta & Risotto Recipes  (Read 2984 times)

Offline SoBlessed

• View Profile
Polenta & Risotto Recipes
« on: October 14, 2011, 05:11:21 am »
I had a spill on my EDC p84 & 85, & the book was closed. When it was next opened the 2 pages ripped. So, the general tips for the Polenta(p84) & some of the instructions for the risotto are missing! :( The part missing on p85 is from about the middle where the sentence starts "Insert Butterfly*" down to the 2nd sentence of the general tips.
I'd be really grateful if someone could fill in the blanks for me  :)
Thanks, Sue

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
Re: Polenta & Risotto Recipes
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 05:23:48 am »
add rice and wine into bowl and saute for 2 min
reverse soft speed

add stock mushrooms and water cook for 16-17 min at 100 rverse soft speed slat & pepper,pour into thermoserver stir  through cheese and butter
allow to rest in the thermoserver for at least 5 min b4 serving

do you need the general tips?

« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 07:17:24 am by fundj »
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline SoBlessed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 11:19:35 am »
Thanks Fundj!
Yes, if I could have the general tips for the polenta & the 1st & 2nd sentences of the risotto general tips then my pages will be complete.
Thanks again for your time.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 06:28:09 am »
Polenta tips
Instant polenta will cook faster ie . 10 -15 min .all ingredients can be placed into TM bowl at the same time.
Serve with beef stroganoff. Or Hungarian goulash (sees mains, page 98-99.Can be used in place of pasta, rice, or mashed potatoes as a side dish

Mushroom risotto
Add as many flavors of choice to the cooked risotto such as sun dried tomatoes, frozen peas, baby spinach leaves, cubed feta, lemon juice, asparagus tips ( or cook 2cm stalks in the last 5 min of cooking time) baby roma tomatoes, fresch basil leaves, olive, fresh chili sliced, prawns or other sea food, cream or mascarpone.
Replace the parmesan with different strong flavored cheeses, as feta, or gruyere.
 Rice will absorb as many flavors as you incorporate so experiment with the ingredients you love
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline SoBlessed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 10:27:21 am »
Thank heaps Fundj. I've now written these into my book, & all my missing info is complete.  :)