Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4515680 times)

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #13020 on: November 09, 2014, 08:26:28 am »
😂😝😳

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13021 on: November 09, 2014, 11:10:42 am »
Clean undies and a hanky. You never know when you may get hit by a bus.  ;D ;D ;D
I can just see them in ED saying, "get a look at this old chooks undies, they are orange!"  :-)) :-)) :-))
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 03:54:47 am by cookie1 »
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #13022 on: November 09, 2014, 11:22:50 am »
What site do you buy from inaid? Sounds like great shopping, love to hear how you go with the sausages.

Sorry Bedlam I've been MIA. You can but pebbles from Dick Smith. DH got ours when they first came out. He collects smart watches and has a few!

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #13023 on: November 09, 2014, 10:17:59 pm »
Thanks for the giggles with my morning cuppa!

We collected our caravan over the weekend, and had our first adventures...The very first being the iPad Google maps app taking us to the Auckland cbd instead of to the camping ground! Not our ideal first drive with an extra 7 metres on the back of the ute. Then we didn't have time to drive back where we were meant to be before DH had to get to work, so we got abandoned (with caravan) on the side of the road in suburbia for a few hours.
But we had overall a really good weekend and looking forward to getting away again soon. Now to start loading it up with what we need - I get to shop for plates and cups etc, DH is sorting out a reversing camera and LED lights. The kids loved the bunks with their own lights/windows/curtains, and we found it so comfy - out like a light at bedtimes.
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #13024 on: November 09, 2014, 10:24:35 pm »
Jo what a beautiful country to travel around in by caravan. I hope you and the family will have many memorable trips.
NZ is stunning  :D

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #13025 on: November 09, 2014, 10:54:43 pm »
Sounds wonderful Jo

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #13026 on: November 09, 2014, 11:12:32 pm »
How did I not know Tenina had a new Ebook  :o
naturally purchased it, the second I discovered it!

Donna Hays Christmas edition mag...I really haven't been buying them of late, but there's several recipes I really want to make from this one.

2 thermo buddy's (genius)....I really could have used these on Saturday for transporting slow cooked beef ribs...everything I've tried to keep the lid on these things in transit, has failed.

Large quantity of antique style candle snuffers & wick trimmers

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #13027 on: November 09, 2014, 11:13:30 pm »
Sorry Bedlam I've been MIA. You can but pebbles from Dick Smith. DH got ours when they first came out. He collects smart watches and has a few!

Inaid, I was referring to your delivery from the US.  Sausage maker etc, or do you just troll anywhere like me?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 07:06:23 am by judydawn »
Denise

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13028 on: November 10, 2014, 03:59:33 am »
I've bought Tenina's new book. I can't resist.
Maddy lovely shopping as usual.

Jo how exciting. I remember the first night we spent in our first caravan. DD was nearly 2. She fell off everything, DH and I crashed into everything and smashed our heads on corners etc. If someone had offered to buy it from us that night we would have said yes please. Now 31 years later we still love it. (well the newer versions of the first one). DH is busy building a camper trailer for Oonadatta, he thought it might be good for Tasmania too, instead of the 18ft caravan. Not as comfy but better on the ferry and hilly roads.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #13029 on: November 10, 2014, 11:13:17 pm »
I had to buy the new christmix book as soon as I saw it too.  Looks great, and I have added a few things to my present making ideas list.  We are having Xmas day at BIL & SIL's house this year, so I will have a look at what I think will transport well to contribute to the day. :)

Haha, cookie, DH smacked his head on a few things - but mostly because he just can't stand up in it.  But he's kind of used to that being 2 metres all (6ft 6in)
Ours is I think 23ft long (including the towing part - excuse my technical terms here!!) so pretty big and heaps of room. We had a bit of trouble getting it into our driveway when we got here because of the depth of the gutter - had to make a ramp with some planks of wood, and will need to do a better job of it next time!!
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13030 on: November 11, 2014, 03:39:19 am »
Practise makes perfect Jo. You will have lots of fun in it.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #13031 on: November 11, 2014, 05:07:07 am »
The new Revive Café Cookbook 4 and Oh She Glows Cookbook. Both are really good. Got rid of some cooking magazines to make room for these new books.

Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #13032 on: November 11, 2014, 10:52:17 pm »
I didn't realise there was a new revive out......off to have a look... 😄
Jo

Online Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #13033 on: November 11, 2014, 11:19:07 pm »
Jo ... did you go from Petone to Auckland???

I knew Revive 4 was out, but haven't bought it yet.  It will be interesting to see what you both think of it - I'm a huge Revive Cafe cookbook fan.  What is the Oh She Glows one like, Mich?
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #13034 on: November 12, 2014, 12:05:33 am »
I will reserve the cookbook through the library and have a good look first 😉

Yes, we drove from Petone to Auckland on Friday, collected the caravan, stayed one night up there, drove to Taupo on Sat, and then home to Petone on Sunday. A lot of time in the car, but on the plus side, I started knitting a jersey along the way! Kids did really well considering the amount of time we had them cooped up in the car.
DH has already been shopping for the reversing camera, and just for something random found some mini salt and pepper grinders for the caravan. 😄 I am not the only shopper in the family....
Jo