Author Topic: Now to convince the DH  (Read 27669 times)

Offline TM_Ted

• Ted is from Woodville in Sth Aust.
    • View Profile
Re: Now to convince the DH
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2011, 02:11:03 am »
DW dragged me along to my first demo at her sisters house. This is good. I sat at the back of the room drinking red wine with SIL's partner. However, I was the one who got excited. DW said "thanks but no thanks". I said "How well does it shave ice to make vodka slushies?"

Then some weeks later came the Varoma demo, once again at SIL's. I obviously went looking to have more drinks. At the end of the demo DW said "yep I want one".

Signed up to buy one on the spot. If you think I was surprised you should have heard what the consultant had to say. DW still learning, has big problems locking lid so you can turn knob to start machine. I keep forgetting to tell her to make sure the computer in the TMX is on and booted up before attempting to operate machine.
Life is too short to drink bad wine.

Offline knittercook

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2011, 05:03:00 am »
Thursday the 19th is the delivery demo  ;D

Until then I am busy reading all I can on here, so thank you everyone!!

TM Ted, I love it how when men decide on things they decide so much more quickly than us women (well it appears that way).  Vodka slushies, they sound divine, care to share how you make them  ;)

Seize the moment.  Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.  ~Erma Bombeck

my blog http://shazknit.blogspot.com

Offline knittercook

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2011, 05:05:51 am »
Fantastic!!! and I LOVE, LOVE LOVE!!! your Golly tea cosy! ;)

Thanks Nay-nay, although I can't take credit for that particular one but there will be some gollies added to my tea cosy range real soon......gotta help pay for my TM somehow  ;) ;)
Seize the moment.  Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.  ~Erma Bombeck

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2011, 06:24:01 am »
yes what are they...recipe please ted lol  :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline TM_Ted

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2011, 01:54:53 pm »
There really is no recipe but here is what I do:

6-8 large Ice cubes in TM31 jug. Double if you have 2 people.  10-20 Seconds on speed 7-10 or until Ice is crushed enough.

Put shaved Ice in glass, I like to use large 350ml stemmed wine glass, about 3/4 full.

Double shot (60ml) Vodka.

You can flavour with anything you like, I like a splash of Lemon Cordial, but you can use what ever your heart desires. For non alcoholics Bickfords Lime Juice cordial is great with a wedge/slice of lime. Be careful this is very sweet and sickly, try just a splash until you find the amount that suits the drinker.

My absolute favorite is 60ml American Honey. I occasionally let the 60ml measure run over.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2011, 05:09:37 pm »
Definately worth a try ted...and not being a honey expert what is so great about american honey lol?? does it have a certain flavour??  :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline TM_Ted

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2011, 12:00:32 am »
American Honey - the name is a little deceiving - Wild Turkey American Honey Liqueur.

Sorry if you may have thought I was going to post a recipe for American Honey.

If your DH has a birthday and you are not sure what to get him, try a bottle of this.

I am sure he will thank you.

Offline knittercook

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2011, 03:34:20 am »
Oh yum that sounds like a nice drop, is it available here in Australia TM_Ted?

You would probably like my malted honey liquer so I will share.

MALTED HONEY LIQUER
1/4 cup malt powder
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup whiskey
2 tablespoons coffee liquer
2 cups cream
1 cinnamon stick

Place malt in a bowl with honey, sugar, whiskey and coffee, whisk until combined.  Pour cream into a saucepan and stir over medium heat until almost boiling.  Remove from heat, pour cream gradually into malt mixture, whisk until well combined.  Allow to cool. Pour into bottle, add cinnamon stick, seal and refrigerate till serving time.

Now obviously this recipe is crying out to be converted into a TM recipe so if someone would like to do that and we can move it to the drinks section :)

Sharon

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2011, 05:47:46 am »
Sounds a nice drop knittercook.  If I had malt powder in the pantry I'd have made this already but it means a trip to the shop and I'm busy cooking at the moment.  With 2 TM bowls, this would certainly be a breeze to make but I'm sure those with one bowl will find a way.  If I get time to go to the shop later I'll let you know how it goes.  Do you drink it straight, on the rocks or mixed with milk?  If it is mixed with something, how long would the remainder last as there is only me to drink things in this house.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline TM_Ted

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2011, 06:04:34 am »
Dan Murphy's carry it so I would think it is freely available here in Australia.

Offline knittercook

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2011, 06:30:48 am »
JudyDawn it will last quite a while, the same as homemade irish cream and you drink it the same way, with ice or a little bit of milk is ok.  It is quite rich so I think it definately needs the ice. 

A question about the 2nd bowl, did you buy one or was it a special at the time and do you recommend a 2nd bowl, I am already thinking that a 2nd bowl would be real handy as I have noticed that a lot of the recipes call for mixing a few ingredients and  putting aside while you mix the next lot of ingredients. 

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2011, 06:36:35 am »
Thanks knittercook.  I paid full price for my bowl which was pretty stupid as I probably could have had a demo or something and got it much cheaper but when I want something I want it now so it was just an impulsive decision after telling myself for so long that I didn't need it.  If you tried to take it off me now though, you'd have quite a problem getting it  ;D ;D   I love having it - I've had both bowls working hard this morning.  See your consultant and see if there are any special offers at the moment.

Offline knittercook

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2011, 08:02:59 am »
There was a special on purchasing a 2nd bowl last month, but I will probably wait until that happens again. 

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2011, 08:58:58 am »
I am sipping your Malted Honey Liqueur as I type this reply knittercook.  The flavour of the malt is very prominent which I like and it isn't too sweet or overly strong for me.  I used 1/2 glass of the liqueur, 4 ice cubes and then topped it up with milk but I might put more liqueur into the glass next time as I could handle it a bit stronger.  DD will get a small bottle for Mothers' Day tomorrow.  Thanks for posting it.

Oops, forgot to give the TM instructions & metric quantities.

40g malt powder
100g honey
50g sugar
110g whiskey
30g coffee liqueur - I used Kahlua
500mls cream
1 cinnamon stick

Mixed the malt, honey, sugar, whiskey and Kahlua for 30 sec/speed 6 then set aside whilst I heated the cream in my other bowl. Wasn't too sure how long to do this step so started off for 8 mins/90o/speed 1 but it didn't seem hot enough so did it for a further 5 mins/100o/speed 1. If someone can tell us a different temp setting and speed maybe, I would appreciate it as that seemed an awful long time to heat 500mls of cream to almost boiling point. Anyway I got there in the end and it made 2 old soy sauce bottles full with enough left over for me to sample  :P :P :P
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 09:10:26 am by judydawn »

Offline salval

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2011, 11:12:46 am »
Knittercook, congratulations on the purchase!! You won't know yourself once you've got it. Bring on the 19th!!

Karen
Mum of 3 (2 x 2-legged & 1 x 4-legged)
TMX Consultant in Newport, Melbourne