Author Topic: Now to convince the DH  (Read 27655 times)

Offline knittercook

• View Profile
    • My Blog
Now to convince the DH
« on: April 09, 2011, 12:07:20 am »
Hi everyone, been lurking for a while and have decided to register and become a part of this great community!

As yet I do not own a Thermomix but hope to change that soon, just have to convince the husband that I will use it and that it is worth the money, which we all know it is but.......

Anyhow in the mean time I am printing off recipes that I want to try and saving my hard earned cash  :P

Seize the moment.  Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.  ~Erma Bombeck

my blog http://shazknit.blogspot.com

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
Re: Now to convince the DH
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 12:18:18 am »
Welcome knitter cook  ;D I am a knitter too  ;D
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 01:00:50 am »
Hi knittercook, welcome to the forum.  We love it when browsers come on in and meet us and especially those who are already printing off recipes before they even buy a TMX.  Make sure you take your DH along to a demo, that usually does the trick for the guys and when you get it, leave it on the bench - they carry on like a cut chook if you shut them in a cupboard (the TMX that is, not the DH)  ;) I used to be a knitter in an earlier life and it's lovely to see it popular with the younger ones again.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 01:06:26 am »
That's how I came by mine. DH came to the demo and was sold on it as well. I managed to get him to come by saying that the host's (friend) husband wanted to have a beer with him. Once he was there he had no alternative but to listen and look (and drink his beer). Bingo! I now have a TMX.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 11:08:50 am »
Hi and welcome to the forum Knittercook.I agree with the others, take your DH along to the demo and he will be blown away with what the TM can do and how good the food tastes. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 12:19:49 pm »
I agree with the above - get him along to the demo.
I use my TM at least 3 times a day. I make 2 batches of bagels a week, which yield 7 bagels each time (total 14 bagels). On this alone I would probably save about $6 per week not buying plain rolls, and the difference for my kids saving on buying lunch is really conservative at $45 per week. Ok, simple maths is $45 x 42 = $1890  Machine has paid for itself in lunches alone ;)
42 = number of weeks in a year if you were lucky enough to have a few weeks holiday  :D
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline knittercook

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 10:17:00 pm »
Thanks everyone for the great advice and welcome :D

Judydawn I always feel like an intruder when on forums and not contributing, it almost feels like I am eavesdropping LOL!

Seize the moment.  Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.  ~Erma Bombeck

my blog http://shazknit.blogspot.com

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 01:45:26 am »
Know how you feel knittercook but a lot of people are happy to browse anonymously - you only have to look at the number of visitors we get on here at any given time to see that. Sometimes there are more of them than us  ;) ;)

An example copied just now.

Users Online
  63 Guests, 7 Users
Users active in past 15 minutes:

« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 01:56:01 am by judydawn »

Offline foodiepep

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 02:23:57 am »
when I REALLY REALLY wanted a TMX I showed my Hubby some Demos on youtube from Canada.  I told him it was really expensive but that I wanted to save up for one.  He asked how much it was and I told him to guess.  Well he guessed $5000 so when I said it was just under 2 he was relieved.   ;D ;D

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 04:46:04 am »
That was lucky.  When I ask people to guess they normally say $500-600.  :)

Offline foodiepep

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2011, 05:07:57 am »
No, my Husband knows what a Kitchenaid costs I I told mhim that was cheap so if I say a TMX is expensive he gets really scared.  LOL

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2011, 09:42:56 am »
Hi and welcome knittercook. I hope you can convince your DH. With me it was my DH who wanted one more than me. (he loves the rice custard from it)
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2011, 11:03:11 am »
My Sister had a Thermomix before me, so to convince my Hubby my sister and myself invited him around for afternoon tea, we made several different things, and my hubby being a food lover was soon asking questions about this machine and was amazed by it.
I didn't say a thing I just left it to him, he started saying that he thought we needed one, but I just said no I don't think we do and that we could do without it and that it was too expensive. but he then said that we could get one cause it would soon pay for itself.
So I let him believe that he was the one who made the decision that we needed one and Bingo within a couple of weeks we had (MY) a thermomix. lol.
Sometimes you got to be a little tricky. Worked for me anyway.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2011, 11:08:34 am »
You crafty devil dede, glad it worked and DH didn't realise he was having the wool pulled over his eyes  ;D ;D

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2011, 11:55:22 am »
Welcome knittercook to the world of TMX and this amazing forum. All women need the psychology qualification after their name - good one dede!  :)
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.