Author Topic: Should I become a consultant?  (Read 116922 times)

Offline baf65

• View Profile
Re: Should I become a consultant?
« Reply #150 on: April 19, 2012, 07:27:53 am »
 ;D ;D ;D gert you do make me laugh!!!
im kind of surprised we havent been censored on this forum!

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 19, 2012, 07:38:50 am »
If TMX HO even tried to censor this forum I for one would be ringing them and giving them an earful. No one tells me what I can or can not say. DH learnt that early in our relationship LOL.
If bloggers and facebookers can not talk about the thermomix in a positive way, HO are missing out on all the extra advertising which is done for free. These people love their TMX and are only telling their followers of the great things it can produce.
As far as other non TMX approved cookbooks are concerned, I understand that they are trying to sell their useless books. If their books were any decent they would sell and the competition from other authors such as Tenina would not be a problem.
My business motto is "any competition is good competition " because you can learn so much from it.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 19, 2012, 07:46:06 am »
;D ;D ;D gert you do make me laugh!!!
im kind of surprised we havent been censored on this forum!

Censored for what I say. Just telling it like it seems to be. One of  my consultant friends just shut down her FB page, started   another one in another name so they can say what they like.

The dear friend  who is thinking of quitting has locked her FB page pretty tight but suspects one of her jealous "friends" of reporting to her GL. Nasty stuff.  She is taking a vacation from her blog soon as it is all to hard to keep watching  it for unacceptable comments . She has a hard enough time minding the kids. Some gals just take on too much in an effort to improve their lifestyle. You need a lot of family support to do it all I say.

Life used to be so much simpler  before the feminists movement started. What have we done? :o

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline grapesy83

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 19, 2012, 11:35:44 am »
OK so if I become a consultant, am I allowed to advertise this on FB and get demo's booked that way? Just through my own personal page?

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #154 on: April 19, 2012, 12:29:30 pm »
Grapesy, once you are a consultant you will be updated with the policies and rules at group meetings.  Meanwhile, you need to ask your Group Leader this question.  He/she would have the latest guideline.  :)
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline grapesy83

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 20, 2012, 07:45:34 am »
The more and more I read into it the less I want to do it!

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #156 on: April 20, 2012, 08:21:27 am »
You'll be fine.  It's a lot of fun.  I love the role - the training, the meetings, the cooking classes, the demos, the many many challenges.  I love driving around the state down roads I've never been.  I  I love mastering the paperwork.   love getting to know new people.  One night a hostess even said to me "You are an inspiration!"  90% of the time is really, really rewarding.  You have to be calmly stoical and prepared for whatever else turns up in the 10% you're not expecting.  Most people have very unrealistic ideas of how much service a consultant can provide but most consultants do their best to live up to people's expectations, none the less.  A lot of forum members have a stake now in your success fo please don't just dabble your toe in the water - get wet and see what happens!
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #157 on: April 20, 2012, 02:10:54 pm »
Well said cecilia!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline grapesy83

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 07, 2012, 12:46:51 pm »
So I did it Kent - have filled in my application form to be a consultant, handed it over to my group leader and start training next week.  Have already got 1 sale teed up as they're wanting to take advantage of the interest free offer.  Hopefully more to follow! wish me luck :)  BTW my thermomix arrives tomorrow morning.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 07, 2012, 12:52:18 pm »
So I did it Kent - have filled in my application form to be a consultant, handed it over to my group leader and start training next week.  Have already got 1 sale teed up as they're wanting to take advantage of the interest free offer.  Hopefully more to follow! wish me luck :)  BTW my thermomix arrives tomorrow morning.

Wow grapesy you are keen. You have not even got your TMX and you are  becoming a consultant. Good  luck to you. I hope your first sale leads quickly to your second. .

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline kent

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 08, 2012, 06:38:20 am »
Fantastic Grapesy, congrats on your first sale :-)  I hope the rest of it goes well for you.

I had my open day meeting today.  It was really good, learnt a lot about the company, etc.

It's going to be a lot of hard work, and alongside a full-time job and Wife/kids, it's going to be very challenging, but I'm looking forward to it.  I'm not starting training until late July, as we're going on a two week holiday in mid-June.  I'm not too sure how I'm going to go with it all, as the first bunch of demos need to be arranged through your own social network, and I don't want to burden friends/family with hosting parties, etc and them thinking I'm 'selling' something.

We'll see how it all goes I guess.

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 10, 2012, 03:46:03 am »
Good luck Kent. I am sure your friends and family won't mind seeing what you are investing in.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #162 on: May 13, 2012, 04:00:40 pm »
I conducted my first demo last week. I thought it was awful! But they loved it. I guess I'll get used to it.
No sales, no demo's, but it was a good practice run in a tiny kitchen with 2 young guys playing silly buggers.

I'm enjoying the challenge, but finding the paperwork to be a real time killer. Seems I'm always in my TMX office!

I've had one sale since I qualified and still have three demos to go this month, so fingers and toes crossed! (I want that Oval Thermoserver!!)

What I am enjoying is being able to talk Thermomix with the like minded people in my group. I keep in touch with the girls I trained with and we share our joys and disappointments via email and text. It's wonderful!
I also love the meetings, even though it's a 400km round trip for me.

Good luck Kent and grapesy!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #163 on: May 13, 2012, 09:28:05 pm »
Well done MJ, it would be daunting doing your first demo, I know I would of been a nervous wreck :)
I'm sure you will get more and more confident the more demos you do.
Keep up the good work :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 13, 2012, 09:38:18 pm »
Well dome MJ. I am sure that oval thermoserver has your name on it. It makes you wonder why 2 young lads would want a demo if they weren't interested. Hopefully the demos and sales take flight soon. Best wishes DG xxx