Author Topic: Smoked salmon asparagus bundles  (Read 7706 times)

Offline artsyshell

• View Profile
Smoked salmon asparagus bundles
« on: November 27, 2010, 04:24:21 am »
Made these tonight and they were excellent!

5 asparagus spears per bundle...ends snapped off
Smoked salmon, (lox) 2-3 pieces per bundle
Chive or green onion. (if using green onion, split it down the middle 3/4s of the way

Put smoked salmon, (lox, the cold smoked thin stuff) on a work surface. Season with salt/ pepper, and what ever seasonings you want. Wrap 5 asparagus pieces (that have had their ends snapped off and washed) in the salmon. Wrap a piece of chive or split green onion around the bundle to secure.

Place however many bundles you want in the varoma steaming basket. Put the lid on. Put a litre of water in the base with the varoma steaming basket on top.

Steam 20 minutes Varoma temp speed 2 - 3.

These were great. I served them with some garlic mayo mixed with some horseradish and some sour cream. Could serve with hollondaise as well!.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: Smoked salmon asparagus bundles
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 06:31:50 am »
Artsyshell,  love the look of these.  I need a light tasty meal and this will just suit. Thanks

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 06:54:48 am »
These sound lovely.  Would be nice for Christmas nibbles too.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline ThermomixBlogger

• Thermomix blogging fan from Canada.
    • View Profile
    • SuperKitchenMachine is an unofficial fan blog for fun cooking with Thermomix!
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 03:22:00 am »
and more step-by-step photos with the recipe on the blog page at:

http://www.superkitchenmachine.com/2010/6509/thermomix-varoma-asparagus-recipe.html

;)
ThermomixBlogger Helene

News, recipes and videos for Thermomix fans
around the world and at home.
Click: http://www.superkitchenmachine.com

Also Kitchen Kits for people who love Thermomix!
http://SuperKitchenKits.com

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 04:29:06 am »
This is a great recipe from Helene artsyshell. As cookie1 says a good Christmas nibble. Good cold too as it is too hot to cook in Cairns at the moment but I am going to make Helene's recipe for ribs  on Christmas  Day which she just posted on her web site. Good one to eat while in the pool.

When you use one of Helen's recipes you know they will work and she seems to do her research. Saves us a lot of trial and error doesn't it?

Do you have any of your own Canadian Christmas eats you can share ? Don't know how long you have had your TMX but as you are new to the forum  you are probaly like many of us looking for favourites to convert.

If you need any help just ask and we will hopefully point you in the right direction and welcome to the forum.

Gertbysea

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline artsyshell

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 04:46:33 pm »
Thanks Thermomix blogger for posting the link and the pic. Makes a beautiful presentation! Don't see why one couldn't sub out any thinly sliced fish or even meat for that matter, if one didn't like lox.

Gertbythesea,yes it is! I am looking forward to trying more of Helene's recipes!
I've had my thermomix for a few weeks now, but really haven't had much chance to play around with it yet. I'm hoping after the holidays I will get more time to experiment and convert some recipes using it.
Thank you so much. I will certainly come here and ask if I need help.

This is a great forum, and I am really enjoying the recipes and posts!

Offline ThermomixBlogger

• Thermomix blogging fan from Canada.
    • View Profile
    • SuperKitchenMachine is an unofficial fan blog for fun cooking with Thermomix!
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 08:55:24 pm »
Yes artsyshell, you sure could swap out the lox for any other thinly-sliced meat or fish! Ooooh, the possibilities. (I think the original version from "Full Steam Ahead" used ham.)

You will find much in this fabulous forum to keep you going with Thermomix. There is no shortage of recipes, tips, and warm support here. And I think it's particularly valuable to those of us who live in a place where Thermomix is still so unknown. Great to have such moral support and more than enough inspiration.

Thanks again, to MM and all the forum members for making it so. Sending each and every one of you a big buttery, sweet and savory Christmassy kissssssssss laced with rum and warm love from the northern hemisphere  :-* :-* :-*

:-)) ;D ;)
ThermomixBlogger Helene

News, recipes and videos for Thermomix fans
around the world and at home.
Click: http://www.superkitchenmachine.com

Also Kitchen Kits for people who love Thermomix!
http://SuperKitchenKits.com

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 09:54:42 pm »
Made the smoked salmon version.  Everyone loved them,  thanks ThermoBlogger,   And thank you for the lovely Xmas greeting.   may the Festive Season bring you lots of pleasure.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 11:59:08 pm »
Thanks Helene. Since visiting the Bundaberg Rum Distillery several years ago I have developed a liking for rum.

Thank you too for your wonderful blog. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas too.  :-* :-* :-*
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2010, 01:19:04 am »
Yes, Merry Christmas Helene - we love your blog!!!!  Kisses back to you!  :-* :-* :-*  These little treats sounds delicious - my organic vege boxes just arrived and there's lots of young asparagus spears - perfect for this recipe!!
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 08:08:45 pm »
Merry Christmas Helene.I love popping in and looking at your blog, especially if you have a competition in progress.I hope you have a Great New Year as well. :-* :-*
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 12:30:48 am »
Thanks Helene for your wonderful blog, it is such a happy place to visit.  Merry Christmas to you too and looking forward to more competitions in the future, they are great fun.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline artsyshell

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2010, 05:20:17 am »
lol. I didn't realize thermoblogger and Helene were both you! Sorry bout that, and thanks again!