Author Topic: What's for Dinner Tonight?  (Read 5135425 times)

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
Re: What's for Dinner Tonight?
« Reply #300 on: January 19, 2011, 12:02:18 pm »
lovemythermo - this recipe http://thermomixmeals.blogspot.com/2010/11/monday-8th-november-kfc-spice-mix.html adapted from a Masterchef one. This time I didn't set aside the spices though to make it even easier.
Oh and thinking of adding some breadcrumbs to make it lighter, but haven't tried it.

Tonight we had Jo's fried rice with chicken, cashews, mushrooms, carrot, corn, peas and eggs. So easy and yum.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 19, 2011, 08:07:08 pm »
We enjoyed Johnro's Gourmet Beef Casserole with mash, steamed carrots and peas.Delicious. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 20, 2011, 03:50:54 am »
The cold weather is great for yummy casseroles and mash potatoe etc mmn
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 20, 2011, 05:27:24 am »
Wholemeal pizza made in TM, topped with roast veg and chili jam made in the *: Salad with tomato, cucumber, red onions, capers and lots of EVO and plenty of salt, no vinegar.

buon appetito

ciao
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 20, 2011, 05:54:24 am »
For lunch today we just had egg, baked beans and some leftover mashed potato.  I sprayed a frying pan, put a couple of blobs of cold mashed potato into the pan and was so surprised when I came to turn it over and it stayed in the same shape and nothing stuck to the pan.  Normal mashed potato has never done that for me, it was great - all brown and crispy on the outside and lusciously smooth on the inside.  I will be now be making sure I have leftovers just so that we can have it again.

Tea tonight will be the last of the fish fingers and some crispy potato slices/salad.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 20, 2011, 06:37:48 am »
Judy that sounds lovely. A great relaxing meal. We're having Chookie's KFC tonight.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 20, 2011, 07:04:19 am »
It's 3pm and I have no idea what we will have  tonight  :-\ We had Chookies KFC last night and loved it as usual. DS1 said he was thinking about it  during work and couldn't wait for 9pm to arrive so he could come home for it. He had eaten 2 chicken thigh fillets  in bread rolls at 5pm so he wasn't starving.
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #307 on: January 20, 2011, 08:20:15 am »
An interesting dinner here.

Started off I made stock from lunches chicken carcass. And then made an udon soup with it.
chopped garlic, ginger, chili, added stock, little soy sauce, frozen peas, corn and carrot mix, cooked for 15 mins 100° reverse speed 1, adding a packet of udon noodles 3 mins before the end.

This was the planned dinner with some bread from yesterday.

But I got Jamie Oliver's 30 min meals in the post today and was reading through and his super quick and easy yorkshire pudding started a craving.
So dinner became as dd1 said 'a multicultural meal' as the soup was served with Yorkies, lol.
They were very yum though!! Kids had 3 each and I only managed 2!

Dessert made Jamie's 'Berry Icecream' (1/2 portion)
250g frozen berries (I used strawberries)
250g yoghurt
2 tablespoons of honey
All mixed together

This was nice and healthy though next time I would do a bit more on the fruit and less on the yoghurt as it was still a bit tangy/sour. But am wondering if this batch of strawberries aren't quite as full of flavour as thought that with my smoothie this morning as well.

One thing he'd mentioned was putting the bowls/cups in the freezer and think that would be a great idea for this or Strawberry Dream (edc) etc as it was fine in the girls plastic ikea bowls but in my bowl I've noticed it starts to melt around the edges as soon as it touches the bowl.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 20, 2011, 09:34:30 am »
Tonight was lemony chicken pasta (will type up later  ;))

Zan.....would you pretty please type up your yorkshire pud conversion?  I'm led to believe their quite finicky, but yours look like they turned out perfectly!
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #309 on: January 20, 2011, 09:37:47 am »
Will do it now Maddy. Very easy.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 20, 2011, 07:28:10 pm »
Wonderful photos Maddy and Zan.I cooked Jo's Chicken and Cashews with Coconut Satay Sauce and Coconut Rice
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Lovemythermo

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 20, 2011, 11:55:48 pm »
Maddy there is also a very nice yorkshire recipe in the meat on the menu cookbook. I have English parents and have grown up with them and I'd go as far as saying they're the best yorkshire puddings I've ever had!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 21, 2011, 02:29:16 am »
Zan I have taken an idea from Helene's blog re sorbets or soft serve icecreams. I serve them in insulated glassware. They are actually coffee glasses made by Bodum but they are so good for soft serve ices. They help to keep it frozen and stop the edges melting.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #313 on: January 21, 2011, 09:04:41 am »
Great idea cookie, will look out for them.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #314 on: January 21, 2011, 12:16:21 pm »
Had Pizza tonight. The TM made it so easy. Tomorrow night we are going to try the KFC coating. Only need garlic powder to finish off the list of spices. We will probably have some salads to go with the chicken. I am looking forward to trying this recipe.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.