Author Topic: Never Fail Cupcakes  (Read 73071 times)

Offline Coops

• View Profile
Re: Never Fail Cupcakes
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2012, 04:51:46 am »
Used a double batch of this recipe to make lamingtons yesterday , they were great!

Offline merl81

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2012, 10:18:12 am »
The recipe was great! My husband agreed that they are light and fluffy. It is actually similar to one I use Pre-TMX, (except this one had an extra egg). I also had my oven on 180 with fan, and added some vanilla essence. I used my normal buttercream recipe, but made it in the TMX for the first time. Here is my photo of cupcakes straight out of the oven and then iced.
“If you can’t pronounce it, don’t eat it”

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2012, 10:33:06 am »
What gorgeous cupcakes merl81 :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2012, 10:44:17 am »
These talented people with their decoration skills make me green with envy :D
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2012, 10:50:09 am »
Me too Dede :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

*suzanne*

« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2012, 11:48:44 am »
Me too Dede :D

Me three, I am going to practice though and maybe one day I will be half as good as lots of ladies on this forum, at least kids don't care what they look like it's a cake with icing to them whichever way it comes  ;D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2012, 04:38:54 am »
Every one still loves them no matter what. I've never seen some one say 'I couldn't eat that it has crooked icing.' :-\
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2012, 05:18:08 am »
i wish I could get nice evenly cooked cupcakes like that - my oven is so uneven they always peak and some even drop to one side, it turns me off cooking cupcakes  :(

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2012, 05:39:36 am »
Wonder, it took me quite a while of experimenting with my oven before I started getting decent cupcakes and muffins :-))
I just kept trying. Even the wackiest and wonkiest cakes always got eaten ;D

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2012, 06:39:21 am »
I've tried so many times and really think it has a lot to do with my oven. 1 tbs of mixture seems like such a small amount so maybe I'm just adding too much mixture to each of my cases.

Can any of the cupcake queens out there let me know how much mixture you use per holder?

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2012, 07:33:26 am »
I fill my patty cakes about two thirds full. This leaves room for rising.
Sounds like your oven heats unevenly as domed tops are caused by high oven temps. Is your oven fan forced ? The fan may be the cause of the ones that look like they've been pushed to the side.
I have trouble with my oven temp, so I have an oven thermometer inside the oven, so I know what temp it actually is.
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2012, 08:46:12 am »
Thanks ES. My oven is very uneven and I definitely need to turn off the fan but I really think it's the way this smeg (large 900cm one) cooks. I keep a thermometer inside but the temp seems to be at the right level but they still peak. I really should try again.

Offline knittercook

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2012, 08:34:06 pm »
Thanks ES. My oven is very uneven and I definitely need to turn off the fan but I really think it's the way this smeg (large 900cm one) cooks. I keep a thermometer inside but the temp seems to be at the right level but they still peak. I really should try again.

I have a Smeg and my cupcakes cook uneven as well when I cook with the fan, cakes are best cooked without the fan.
Seize the moment.  Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.  ~Erma Bombeck

my blog http://shazknit.blogspot.com

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2012, 10:07:27 pm »
ES do you like your smeg? Mine is about 6 years old and Ive never been entirely happy withit. So disappointing after all the researching did before buying.

Offline knittercook

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #74 on: August 16, 2012, 10:46:54 pm »
ES do you like your smeg? Mine is about 6 years old and Ive never been entirely happy withit. So disappointing after all the researching did before buying.

Did you mean me, wonder?  I am happy with my Smeg but, I don't have anything to compare to really as the oven I had in the first place was gas and about 40 years old, bright orange and couldn't cook cakes at all!  I find it cooks very hot so for baking you need to drop the temperature or things brown.  Also when baking biscuits or cakes on more than one level, one cooks more than the other even when using the fan.  Mine is about 10 years old now and I don't think I would buy another Smeg in a hurry.  The thing is that most sales people get kickbacks and they will tell you that it is amazing and the best thing on the market, this has happened to me twice now, the oven and the vacuum cleaner  :'(

Seize the moment.  Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.  ~Erma Bombeck

my blog http://shazknit.blogspot.com