Author Topic: UK Thermomix Books - Would a UK forumite mind emailing me the indexes Plse ?  (Read 4682 times)

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
Hi All,
I have relatives coming over from the UK in November, and am wondering whether to grab the opportunity to purchase:

“Fast and Easy Cooking” for TM31 with 300 Recipes, 3rd Edition
“Everyday Cooking” for TM31 with 214 recipes

I would get them sent to my Aunty in the UK for her to bring out to us. She's near Blackburn, so hopefully postage to her would be a lot more reasonable than to Australia.

Given our English background, I'm hoping these books may have some traditional UK recipes.  One in particular we'd really like to get hold of is Malt loaf.  My mum and dad looovveeee malt loaf and you don't really get anything like that here.

Thanks in advance if you can help.

Debbie
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 02:50:54 pm by Debbiebillg »

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Debbiebillq the Everyday Cooking Book is what you all call the EDC, that comes with your TM in Oz.Most books that U.K. Thermomix sell originate from Oz, with the exception of Fast and Easy Cooking, Fast and Easy Indian Cooking and Demonstrator Delights.I recently posted a Fruit Cake Recipe developed by Janie Turner( director U.K. Thermomix)that might come close to what you are looking for.

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=4039.0
The index for Fast and Easy Cooking can be found on
http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=3088.0
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 05:29:40 pm by Cornish Cream »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Thanks CC.  I wish the Thermomix companies would post the indexes/contents on their sites.

The EDC contents were well out of date when I last checked.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline baf65

• View Profile
Debbie...i have never found a recipe that comes close to Soreen Malt Loaf.....but imagine my surprise when in Woolworths in Subiaco last week that they are now SELLING SOREEN!  The real stuff, imported from the UK!  It tasted sooooo good!

ps...there is nothing like it in the UK cookbook either!!  If you can get someone to bring it over for you its worth getting, even if you just end up reselling it on ebay!

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
Thank you so much cornish cream, I really appreciate it.  MMM  many of the recipes don't sound too English though lol.  Baf, do you have the Fast and Easy cookbook ? If so, what do you think of it (like compared to the Aussie ones I guess ). 

Now to the malt loaf lol, I think I might try the fruit cake recipe, thank you CC. Baf, which section did you find the malt loaf ? I think I might try and get hold of one and suprise my mum and dad with it.   I wouldn't have known that the best brand even if I fell over it, so thanks for that .

Isn't it funny how you crave the UK food you can't get here. Also Baf, I just made another post under Scottish tablet, re someone in brissie who imports a lot of UK food items.  Hmmmm I should look there for malt loaf (bet Wollies would be cheaper thougth), silly me LOL.

Debbie

Offline baf65

• View Profile
debbie the malt loaf was in the bread section in woolworth, in a yellow packet just like in england!!! im not sure if all woolworths stock it, this store is a newly renovated one so seems to have a lot more stock

yes ive got the fast and easy cookbook, it has a lot of different stuff to the aussie EDC in, and some things similar but made differently, i think its good for some other ideas, but i havent made a lot of stuff out of any of the cookbooks! i just make my own stuff up!

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
Thank you Baf65, I'll be searching for the malt loaf over the weekend and will suprise my parents ! I tend to cook more recipes from the forum than the books really so have to have a think about whether tis worth buying another book.  The one I like the best so far is the Fast and Easy Indian, we absolutely love the butter chicken recipe in there. We usually make it once a week now.