Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 9006087 times)

Offline jkmt

• View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #5010 on: July 06, 2011, 01:06:49 pm »
My 7yo cooked marble cake from the EDC book.
Jenny, Central Coast NSW

I'd rather cook than clean!

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #5011 on: July 06, 2011, 04:52:21 pm »

Hally, any choc cake recipe.....I have used bimby's, and Peps just posted a moist choc. cake suitable for it too.
Unfortunately, it can only be purchased from Williams & Sonoma in U.S. (at the time it was purchased), we were lucky enough to get them shipped to a U.S. address, then posted onto here.
Here's the link though:  http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/9379231/

Maddy they ship internationally now  ;) it was just announced a couple of weeks ago !!

Eta - hmmm looks like not to Australia though.....yet they are to NZ  ??? Go figure......
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 04:56:32 pm by Meagan »
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #5012 on: July 06, 2011, 10:00:58 pm »
Yes Megan, I was looking at some Williams-Sonoma cookie cutters that were gorgeous the other day, same thing - but a friend of mine contacted them and they said they've had requests from Australia and are looking at starting shipping to here, within the next few weeks!! Woo hoo!! If all else fails I can get them sent to my family in the US and they'll send them on.  :)
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #5013 on: July 07, 2011, 12:30:17 am »
I was in Willimans Sonoma last week and mentioned still not being able to purchase their products on line to be sent to Australia, and they said it would definately be coming by the end of August. They weren't able to let me know the estimated shipping costs though so they could be quite high and they also weren't able to tell me if there would be any restrictions. Fantastic shop and I could have filled my suitcase with goodies - seeing Kitchen Aid mixers for $299 also almost made me cry!

Offline foodiepep

• View Profile
« Reply #5014 on: July 07, 2011, 01:05:56 am »
I was in Willimans Sonoma last week and mentioned still not being able to purchase their products on line to be sent to Australia, and they said it would definately be coming by the end of August. They weren't able to let me know the estimated shipping costs though so they could be quite high and they also weren't able to tell me if there would be any restrictions. Fantastic shop and I could have filled my suitcase with goodies - seeing Kitchen Aid mixers for $299 also almost made me cry!

Just be careful!  You can't buy a Kitchenaid from W and S and expect it to work here in Australia.  Our power is 240V and the machine motor will burn out as soon as you use it as they only have 110v in the US.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #5015 on: July 07, 2011, 02:04:44 am »
That's great news (or not if you're my husband!).  Let's just hope that they keep the postage fair.  If they do that, they will do very well from Australia.  :)

Offline Decadent Dot

• View Profile
« Reply #5016 on: July 07, 2011, 06:20:52 am »
I too have one of those cake pans. You can get them off Amazon.co.uk. Does the U.K. Amazon post to other countries? ....probably. That Cookie design costs £5.99 BP. There are other similar designs too. How about this one!Cute but expensive.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 06:22:32 am by Decadent Dot »
DD (short for Dot) Nottinghamshire, England
Educate a girl and you educate a family!

Offline bigTcup

• View Profile
« Reply #5017 on: July 07, 2011, 06:34:52 am »
I was looking through my recently delivered Penny Miller catalogue (http://www.pennymiller.com.au/) and saw a similar cake tin to Maddys.  Not quite as beautiful but only $19.30.   :)
Thermomix Consultant - Perth, WA
Facebook: Jeanette & Thermomix

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5018 on: July 07, 2011, 07:00:57 am »
Today I've made Cheese & Chive biscuits and Trudy's Orange Muffins.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #5019 on: July 07, 2011, 08:52:40 am »
I'm making an old childhood favourite for dinner - porcupine balls, but not with tinned soup of course, with my Thermomix version! And mashed potatoes & steamed fresh peas (shelled by the boys under Grandma's direction!), broccoli, corn off the cob, & carrots in Thermie while the meatballs cook in the oven. Yum, smells great...  ;D
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5020 on: July 07, 2011, 09:06:21 am »
Ma-in-laws birthday lunch went well so I will post the recipe for the Pistachio and Milk Chocolate cake. I've just made some Chocolate and Raspberrry Icecream. I'll churn it tomorrow. The liquid tastes sensational.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #5021 on: July 08, 2011, 06:47:47 am »
I'm making an old childhood favourite for dinner - porcupine balls, but not with tinned soup of course, with my Thermomix version! And mashed potatoes & steamed fresh peas (shelled by the boys under Grandma's direction!), broccoli, corn off the cob, & carrots in Thermie while the meatballs cook in the oven. Yum, smells great...  ;D

Oh that sounds great quirkycooking, I havnt made porcupines for ages. I think I may just have to do this very soon.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #5022 on: July 09, 2011, 04:10:52 am »
Using Bimby Choc Cake for Thomas the Tank Engine Cake and then made vanilla for base, made these yesterday - been busy icing most of the morning for friend of DD  :)  :)
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #5023 on: July 09, 2011, 05:19:30 am »
Very impressive Robyn

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5024 on: July 09, 2011, 05:21:17 am »
Robyn, give up your day job  :D :D  That is absolutely amazing and I can imagine how much work has gone into it.  The little chap is going to love it - hope it gets transported safely.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.