Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 9004850 times)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #4005 on: November 07, 2010, 10:03:03 am »
Blimey!! everybody has been busy and it all looks wonderful. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #4006 on: November 07, 2010, 01:20:58 pm »
Cookie can you please share the whoopie pie recipe  ;D we had a few of those when we were visiting my sister in the US. I hate to think what was in them!!
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4007 on: November 07, 2010, 07:16:19 pm »
Shepherds Pie, which is cooling, so I can pop it in the freezer for next week.Jo's Baked Beans.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Nik2WIN

• View Profile
« Reply #4008 on: November 07, 2010, 07:21:42 pm »
I did a sweet potato soup today, the sweet potatoes were in danger of not getting used and I threw some very limp savoy cabbage.

It will do me a couple of lunches so I'm happy.

Tomorrow I'm doing chicken and rice with vegetables.  I'm also going to have a go at some jam, nutella and ... I forget what else ...  ;D

Oooh tikka paste.  I'm going to make some tikka paste for the fridge so I'm always a flick away from a decent curry for dh!

Nik
Hampshire based independent Thermomix demonstrator.
Thermomix user since October 2010

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #4009 on: November 07, 2010, 08:21:47 pm »
Hi Maddie, the cake pops look great. Can you tell me what, if anything you mixed with the jam lamingtons and also do you mix copha with your chocolate for dipping? Thanks, Nadine

Offline Woerd

• View Profile
« Reply #4010 on: November 07, 2010, 09:25:58 pm »
Today is Swedish Meatballs (thanks JD) and JulieO's Pear-Caramel icecream (thanks JulieO) .  I think I am going to add a splash of Frangelico in at the end.  Hope I don't wreck it but I figure you can never go wrong with a little liqueur. : )  A nice scoop on the leftover Apple Crumble should do nicely.

Offline Kym

• View Profile
« Reply #4011 on: November 07, 2010, 10:28:44 pm »
Today is a couple of loaves of bread and mayo.  We've having lamb roast so I may just steam some of the vegies too.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #4012 on: November 07, 2010, 11:35:49 pm »
Hi Maddie, the cake pops look great. Can you tell me what, if anything you mixed with the jam lamingtons and also do you mix copha with your chocolate for dipping? Thanks, Nadine

Wonder......I used a 6 pack of jam lamingtons (450g), mixed first, then added 1 cup of coconut and mixed in again.
I think using the jam ones, made them slightly too moist, so next time I'll use just plain lamingtons to see if it's a firmer mix.
I chilled them for at least 3 hours before dipping.
I'm just trying to find different things to use, as sometimes there's not enough time for the baking, dipping then decorating.

There are some tips posted on the taste website, that might help you.
http://www.taste.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16037&hilit=cake+pops&sid=b6fd69c663476a3c93d83f94f0d1fced

Judy.....have fun with them  ;)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #4013 on: November 08, 2010, 12:34:58 am »
Thanks Maddie, I've had a lot of success with the cake pops (thanks mostly to the tips on the taste website) but have only used white chocolate which I've been colouring and adding copha to. I was curious about the lamingtons as in my mind the mixture would be too dry without the addition of any ganache, cream cheese or buttercream - I'll give them a go.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #4014 on: November 08, 2010, 12:44:42 am »
Suprisingly the lamingtons made quite a moist mixture in comparison.

This time I did dip them using the wilton candy ceramic bowls (holds heat for 1 hour)

and used 1 Tbspn. veg. oil.  It did make a runnier consistency, but using the electric fondue pot made for superior results  ;)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4015 on: November 08, 2010, 01:04:08 am »
Will post that recipe for you Meagan. I only used the TMX slightly but next time I make them I'll use it for more.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4016 on: November 09, 2010, 02:24:01 am »
Today for lunch I steamed some carrots & beans, added them to the leftover goulash from yesterday and served it with smashed potatoes and a slice of sweet potato frittata.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 02:26:32 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Bonsai

« Reply #4017 on: November 09, 2010, 12:51:34 pm »
Yesterday afternoon DH mixed up some spicy mayo, another batch of coleslaw (kids eat it all day as a snack), some wonderful stock from a rabbit (leftover bones) and a big jar of his 'special ketchup' based on the recipe in the MWOC book.  Only one thing to wash up as well  :D

Tonight was ragu bolognese for a lasagne, along with the cheese sauce (could have done homemade pasta but ran out of energy).

Offline Nik2WIN

• View Profile
« Reply #4018 on: November 09, 2010, 03:08:08 pm »
I just made rice pudding from the book that came with my tmx and I have to say it looks vile!  ;D  Fortunately, yesterday I cooked "nutella" and I'm sure I can get them to eat the rice pudding if I put enough nutella in it!

I'm also making mayonnaise later (or at least I will if I remember to get some olive oil!) which will hopefully be more successful.

Nik
Hampshire based independent Thermomix demonstrator.
Thermomix user since October 2010

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #4019 on: November 09, 2010, 10:48:24 pm »
Just made a loaf of gluten free bread and a gluten free chocolate banana cake; next is rice-almond milk, spaghetti bolognese, Torte Caprese (for a friend's birthday), another loaf of gf bread (for tomorrow - out all day) and baked beans on toast for dinner!  Better hurry up - going to be out most of the day so I've got to get as much done now as possible!!!  Oh, also made Pink Fruit Cereal for breakfast.  :)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 11:16:21 pm by quirkycooking »
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.