Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 8989744 times)

Offline maddy

• View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #3180 on: May 09, 2010, 11:08:48 am »
Mothers Day lunch consisted of a cheese platter with quince paste

A rosemary cob, and a sesame cob

We cooked a large piece of pork on the weber, had roasted potato and pumpkin, and a colli/broc bake with parmesan cheese sauce, and garlic butter croutons.
Carrot and chocolate cake for dessert with lattes to finish.......it felt like Christmas day  ;)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline versaceyoyo

• View Profile
    • the thermomix diary
« Reply #3181 on: May 09, 2010, 11:13:03 am »
Great pics.  Would love to get my hands on some quinces!  The paste looks fantastic.

Maddy, every day feels like Christmas Day now with Thermie in the house!  I am not even joking!  The number of times a day I exclaim my love for this machine (loudly) is quite ridiculous...

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: May 09, 2010, 11:20:59 am »
Hi Maddy, can you please tell me which recipe you used for the cobb loaves? They look great.
Thanks, Nadine

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: May 09, 2010, 12:43:50 pm »

Maddy, every day feels like Christmas Day now with Thermie in the house!  I am not even joking!  The number of times a day I exclaim my love for this machine (loudly) is quite ridiculous...

:D I know what you mean V.......I still marvel and it's been 8 months.  Hubby getting tired of my exclaiming my  love for this machine  ;D

Nadine.......I just used the EDC recipe today, but added rosemary leaves in with the whole wheat for milling.  I now just shape it and put on the tray.... and not worry about the tin.
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #3184 on: May 09, 2010, 12:56:12 pm »
Did any of you mums get breaky in bed today??  I didn't - dh was working early, so I was up by quarter to 6, so made a spelt damper for breaky, cantucci for morning tea, and white chicken chilli for lunch, all before 8.30am!  Made mashed potatoes for tea too, to serve with the rest of the chilli.  Hope you all had a nice Mother's Day!
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #3185 on: May 09, 2010, 12:57:48 pm »
This morning I made my first batch of beef stock concentrate, with one jar for me and one for mum, had plenty of other things planned... but they didn't happen. Then just used thermie for mash and steaming veggies.

Yesterday I made my first loaf of sour dough using Chookies method on her blog and totally un-biased  ;) I think it turned out pretty good....

For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: May 09, 2010, 12:58:56 pm »
Quirky, no breakfast in bed for me either  :-)) just me and miss nearly 4 here. Give her another couple of years and I might get breakfast in bed  ;D

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #3187 on: May 09, 2010, 01:19:58 pm »
Actually, I almost got breakfast in bed on my birthday a few weeks ago - my ds (10) came in and out of the bedroom for instructions every minute or so, then when the porridge was ready he dropped it all over the kitchen floor, and my dd was in tears, so I had to get up to help clean up the mess and dry the tears!!  Sigh.  Never mind, it's the thought that counts.  ;)
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: May 09, 2010, 01:21:26 pm »
Nice photos maddy.  Quince paste certainly seems the flavour of the month. I have a Maggie Beer one that was given to me in a Christmas hamper, must try it to see what it tastes like.

ILB, your sour dough loaf looks great - Chookie will be pleased.

For our Mothers' Day lunch here today I did Sour cream chicken enchiladas, parmesan potatoes, tossed salad, the raw salad from the Polish cooking class the other night (looks like coleslaw but tastes different from the one in EDC so I will post that later), corn on the cob, olive oil dinner rolls, pancakes with apple/lemon curd and Black Forest Queen of Puddings.

No breakfast in bed for me either but I did have a visitor at 3.30 this morning who wriggled and made noises to keep me awake but by the time I woke again later, she had disappeared back to her bed. Miss 5 year old GD was a great help this morning helping with the rolls and pancakes.  Can't remember when I last had breakfast in bed apart from making it myself and going back to bed with it.  Would be nice and I hope someone out there did get breakfast in bed this morning.

Poor Quirkyjo, almost ;) ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: May 09, 2010, 01:37:08 pm »
Oh and I did make MJ's Never Fail Sponge Cake and it turned out beautifuly!  :-* :-*

Maddy, had ment to mention how fantastic your quince paste looks! Just brought some quinces today, though I have some quince paste in the fridge so will try some quince jelly instead.

Sounds like a delicious Mothers Day Lunch JD!

Oh dear Quirky.... bet the kids were devestated.  :'(

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #3190 on: May 09, 2010, 03:46:49 pm »
Actually, I don't like breakfast in bed, but it would have been nice if someone had cooked it for me!
I made scrambled eggs in the frypan for breaky with sliced ham. Lunch was left over satay chicken. I made up the satay sauce last night and it was delish. I'm going to convert to a larger amount and them I'll post it.
Tonight made Welsh Rarebit in the TMX, then made Potato and Corn Soup and had ham, tomato and Welsh Rarebit grilled on home made bread. Left over Torta Caprese with chocolate sauce and ice cream. Simple meal, but we loved it.

Glad to hear that my TMX sponge cake worked for you too!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #3191 on: May 10, 2010, 10:32:35 am »
MrsT got brekkie in bed and dinner in bed too at the other end - but she only wanted eggs and toast for dinner after a big lunch - I can do that for sure.

Great bread ILB.  Maddy - again, congrats - really good job.  Sure it tastes delish.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline RoxyS

• View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: May 10, 2010, 01:15:45 pm »
Great pics Maddy and ILB your bread looks fantastic.

Made the Cream of Chicken soup from the meat cookbook yesterday for lunch, served with some cheese & bacon bread I'd made in the breadmachine.

Today I made the Best BBQ sauce from the meat cookbook, a batch of TM stock concentrate and my Melt & Mix Mud Cake recipe which I will post tonight.

Love reading this thread to see what everyone is cooking.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: May 10, 2010, 01:27:48 pm »
Thanks RoxyS. I'm pretty proud of it   ;D

Tonight we had dinner at a friends place as she takes DD to dancing lessons with her DD and I pick Miss 4 up after work.

So after we got home I've made some soy milk and pre-made the cannalloni to pop in the freezer ready to return the favour when I get home from work next week. Will pre-make the sauce too and freeze that into batches ready to go.  BUT the only problem was that I hadn't realised that I used 950g of mince instead of the 500g stated in the recipe  :o No wonder I ran out of cannalloni tubes  :-))....

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: May 10, 2010, 02:36:28 pm »
I've been mainly turning out dips. Having fun though. We're having a combined sweets with a heap of friends up here one night this week. I have to make the rice custard. I think I can manage that.  I don't have an oven in the caravan so that limits me a bit.
We've had a couple of nice risottos too.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/