Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 9026243 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #3990 on: November 05, 2010, 09:35:14 pm »
Hi Bron, thanks for popping in. Have missed you on the forum but your name pops up now and then, especially in reference to turning disasters into something else  :D :D  Nice to hear you are being kept busy, it will either keep you young or wear you out completely  ;D ;D  :-* :-*
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #3991 on: November 06, 2010, 01:31:15 am »
Hi Bron. We have missed you but great to hear all is ok - although its sounds like you life is hectic at the moment. You are probably using your TMX more than ever now. Stay well
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #3992 on: November 06, 2010, 03:34:13 am »
Tonight I am going out on a very rare occasion with some girlfriends (minus children and hubby of course who is looking after the kids), so yesterday I made two big dishes of lasagne (did all the preparation in the tmx but cooked the meat on the stove as 1kg of mince along with all the tinned tomatoes, herbs, etc etc it gets a bit much in the TMX).  The bechamel sauce (with cheese added is so so yummy in lasagne). So they have dinner all ready for them and the kids love lasagne.

I also made a plaited loaf of bread using Maddy's cheese and bacon roll dough recipe. At the start though I blitz about 4 cloves of garlic first and then add the water, sugar and yeast and let sit, then follow on from the recipe. After the first rise I make it into a plait and then sprinkle on loads of cheese (sometimes finely chopped parsley too) then I put it into a cold oven and turn the oven on to 200 degres. Result is yummy garlic and cheese bread and we have to fight the kids off.  It's similar to what they make at Baker's delight.  The first time I made it I blitzed the parsley at the beginning and hence we had a green tinge to the bread, I told the kids it was Shrek bread LOL.

I've also made the shortbread biscuits from the EDC. The TMX quite happily takes a double batch (but not 3 x mixture).  I milled the rice too to make the rice flour so that was quite a novelty. These shortbread are soooo yummy but too mourish though.

These machines are just so versatile aren't they ? The thing I love the most about it is I can mostly avoid cooking on the stove. It's so much safer to cook in the TMX with little ones running around. It's one of my biggest fears that they'll pull a pot off the cooktop onto themselves. With 3 kids too it doesn't take much to get distracted either and my little 2yo is an opportunist, so as soon as my back's turned he's into everything.

I'm off to make a coffee and have a shortbread mmmmmm.

Debbie

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3993 on: November 06, 2010, 05:38:26 am »
I feel as though you have just popped in for a chat Debbie, that was lovely.  Enjoy your night out with the girls.

Offline Terri

• View Profile
« Reply #3994 on: November 06, 2010, 09:25:09 am »
 :o wow Thermie had a busy day today, he made Isi's portugese rolls, blueberry choc chip muffins, pizza, and JulieO's garlic bread (including bagguette). Thermie did all the work and yet i am exhusted lol  ;D

Offline Nik2WIN

• View Profile
« Reply #3995 on: November 06, 2010, 02:16:50 pm »
We've got friends coming round tonight for fireworks and stuff and so far Thelma's helped me with two salted caramel and chocolate tortes and some poppy seed rolls (proving as we speak)

DH is doing a chilli later and I think he's still scared of Thelma so she probably won't get used for that!

I may find something else to do with her yet!

Nik
Hampshire based independent Thermomix demonstrator.
Thermomix user since October 2010

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3996 on: November 06, 2010, 08:17:51 pm »
Made Isi's Vegetarian Lasagne which is now in the freezer for next week.Also made Trudy's Lemon Muffins which look extremely good.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #3997 on: November 07, 2010, 04:10:15 am »
We've got friends coming round tonight for fireworks and stuff and so far Thelma's helped me with two salted caramel and chocolate tortes and some poppy seed rolls (proving as we speak)

DH is doing a chilli later and I think he's still scared of Thelma so she probably won't get used for that!

I may find something else to do with her yet!

Nik

Salted caramel and chocolate torte - that sounds wicked!!  Where's the recipe for that one??!!  ;D  Let us know how it goes!
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #3998 on: November 07, 2010, 05:15:23 am »
No-bake cake pops (using a pack of jam  lamingtons & coconut)......but it was mixed in the TM  ;)

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3999 on: November 07, 2010, 05:26:50 am »
Lovely maddy.  I sourced the sticks today, didn't think I'd be able to find them but House had packets of 20 'cookie sticks 8 inches' for $8.95 which can easily be cut in half with sharp scissors for the cake pops.  She had never heard of cake pops but these sticks are for Christmas tree cookies. 

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4000 on: November 07, 2010, 05:31:43 am »
Beautiful food. I've made mulberry icecream, (will post the photo when it sets), Chocolate Whoopee Pies, (partially made in the TMX) Apricot,fig and raisin loaf-egg free and yesterday Chookie's Golden Syrup pudding.

I've had fun.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Terri

• View Profile
« Reply #4001 on: November 07, 2010, 05:36:13 am »
Wow Maddy those cake pops are so cute, i havent seen those before. They would be fantastic for a birthday party !! I just googled them i must have been hiding in a cave they seem pretty well known  :-[

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4002 on: November 07, 2010, 07:12:50 am »
You look like you have had fun Cookie, yummo!

Today I have made Stuffed cabbage with porcini mushroom sauce from FSA, not that we needed it for today - just had everything here and felt why not :D  Will freeze the stuffed cabbage and mushroom sauce in separate containers keeping 2 back for an accompaniment for a meal in the next day or two. Will do a review & post a photo then.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #4003 on: November 07, 2010, 07:30:54 am »
not a lot ging on here. At the moment.  Eating out of the freezer!!!!  lunch was spring rolls with filling made mostly in the TMX.  this typing is awful.   please excuse.   New iPod and am trying to learn how to use it so I can take it away at Xmas.  it has taken 2 hours to get the Forum up and running.  ALL THE IMPORTANT ONES FIRST  ;D.    last night needed a bit of therapy so made Isi,s Raspeberry Icecream.   beautiful but enough for 10/12 serves.   Could make half.  Thanks Isi  ;D.  will post soon,  after the nervous breakdown.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4004 on: November 07, 2010, 08:14:27 am »
Chookie, you never cease to amaze me.  It wasn't long ago and you were computer illiterate and now you have gone and got yourself an ipod  ??? ???   Whose a clever girl then even if you are having hiccups in the early days.  No keeping you down is there  :D :D :-* :-*