Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 9029736 times)

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #3150 on: May 04, 2010, 02:52:59 pm »
Doh! Sooo wish I had a 2nd bowl!!  :P
I'm quite excited about it the more I think about it.  As we're having to seriously switch to wholemeal flour as much as possible, I'll be delving into soaking flours overnight as it makes a huge difference to the final texture.

So I'll be able to mix and soak my flour and liquid, set aside, and cook other things.  The timing of this bonus deal will be a big help in this extra requirement in our cooking.

You lucky ducky!!!  I would love a second bowl, but may have to wait until I head back to work.  It will be so helpful for your grain and flour soaking. I hope it all goes well and you notice a difference in your DD soon. :)
It'll be slow progress as it relates to her growth - so no real way to tell whether it's worth the effort.  But at least there are no side effects to worry about if this works.  And it'll be good for all of us.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #3151 on: May 05, 2010, 12:05:59 am »
Couldn't wait until the morning.  Cut a slice and with help, ( DH ,) ate it.  Good flavor and good texture ,  but definitely needs longer cooking.  I will attempt to amend the original recipe.  It needs 45 mins. in tin and 35 out of tin.

LOL - great work  :-* :-* :-*  You're doing it for us !!!
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #3152 on: May 05, 2010, 12:09:30 am »
It wouldn't get too brown with those extended times Chookie?  How do you stop it browning too much?

Put some foil or brown paper over the top near the end of cooking.   :-* :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: May 05, 2010, 01:02:48 am »

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #3154 on: May 05, 2010, 02:14:04 am »
The roast veg. bread does get quite brown,  but acceptable.  Could do as Thermpmixer suggests and cover with foil.  I have Just sliced the loaf,  and it made 12 toast slices,  although it was nice fresh.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: May 05, 2010, 07:52:52 am »
Today I have made QuirkyJo's lentil bolognaise after it was mentioned on the forum somewhere (vegetarian DD1 coming over this weekend for her sister's 40th), Chookies Queen of Puddings with a twist (refer that posting) and Gralke's chocolate gelato.
Haven't tasted a couple of the items so will post reviews when we do so.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #3156 on: May 05, 2010, 01:03:51 pm »
I hope you like Jo's lentil bolognaise JD, it is one of our favourite non-meat meals.  It makes oodles so after one meal I usually freeze the leftovers in ziplocks and grab them out to have with pasta as a quick tea or with jacket potatoes and grated cheese for a tasty lunch.  :)

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #3157 on: May 05, 2010, 01:44:29 pm »
I hope you like Jo's lentil bolognaise JD, it is one of our favourite non-meat meals.  It makes oodles so after one meal I usually freeze the leftovers in ziplocks and grab them out to have with pasta as a quick tea or with jacket potatoes and grated cheese for a tasty lunch.  :)

That's a good idea, Chelsea. 

I made the Chunky Beef Chilli (from the meat cookbook) the other day and then made soup out of the leftovers (adding more kidney beans), but added way too much seasonings and it was too hot for the kids!  Oops... Used the rest of it with frozen corn added to it today, over baked potatoes, which was nice.  (How's that - three meals out of one!) 

Had blender-batter blueberry muffins this morning (made with sunflower seeds instead of almonds for the milk - worked fine), and the leftover ones for supper tonight with rice-cashew vanilla custard over the top.  (They were getting a bit dry.)  Also made the Hearty Beef Ministrone tonight, but with arborio rice instead of pasta ditali in it, and fresh tomatoes instead of tinned (and some tomato paste, and no cabbage... TMX was too full by then!) - it was really nice.
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #3158 on: May 05, 2010, 02:50:31 pm »
Mmm, sounds good Jo!

I made a batch of Tikka Paste this morning and then had to rush Rambo the Wonder Dog off to the vet as he had a temperature. He's OK, back on antibiotics.

So made Fish Tikka (in Le Creuset) tonight as had to cook fish that I defrosted yesterday. Was yummy! Also Vegie Korma and Basmati in TMX.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: May 05, 2010, 03:43:07 pm »
It was your comment that inspired me to make this dish Chelsea, I find if you liked something then I probably will too. Certainly made heaps so I will try a bit tomorrow and see what I think of it.  Looks good, is cheap & easy to make too. Guess the real test will come from DD on Friday night so I will leave my review until then.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: May 06, 2010, 08:33:35 am »
Today I have made a batch of bagels and done the Sour cream and Chicken Enchiladas up to the baking stage (in the freezer now for Sunday lunch).

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #3161 on: May 06, 2010, 09:18:35 am »
Eating leftovers today,  made bread crumbs from left over rolls from tea last night,  and a savory loaf of Roast vegie, bread.  Have added additional information about cooking time, to original recipe.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #3162 on: May 06, 2010, 09:29:34 am »
JD - managed to upload that pic for you

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=1017.0
Thermomixer in Australia

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: May 06, 2010, 10:00:39 am »
Thank you so much Thermomixer - I'm such a dummy  :P :P  My first picture on the forum but I can't take the credit for posting it.  Appreciate it heaps  :-* :-* :-*

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: May 06, 2010, 11:25:53 am »
I've made rhubarb and strawberry jam (delicious), blueberry jam, and have some yogurt going as I type.  Oh, and a variation on Cyndi's power shake for breakfast.

Shhh, don't tell anyone, but I'm finally beginning to get on top of cooking and the house again - it's even possible to see the surfaces and the floor in the lounge!  :D ;D  Order is slowly re-emerging.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!