Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 9039681 times)

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
What are you cooking today?
« Reply #27585 on: December 20, 2015, 09:30:34 am »
Wow chookie that looks impressive.
Today I made vanilla ice cream, salted caramel sauce, blueberry sauce, bread rolls and Christmas tree brownies.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 09:33:05 am by Kimmyh »

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #27586 on: December 20, 2015, 11:31:40 am »
I love those Christmas trees Kimmy :)

Today I started cooking for Christmas Lunch. I made Jamie Oliver's get ahead gravy and Tenina's spiced Cranberry Sauce. I don't have photos on my PC, but they are on my fb page here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #27587 on: December 20, 2015, 11:33:50 am »
Kimmy, beautiful as usual.
With the Cheese cake, I thought the berries would sit on top but it was too high. The raspberries were from our bushes.

Offline Katj

• View Profile
« Reply #27588 on: December 20, 2015, 01:12:15 pm »
Great cooking everyone.
Chookie, your Icecream Cheesecake looks great, I never thought about using my Tivoli container as a mould, would be easy to slice too. Given me food for thought for next time. I already have regular round one in freezer, I now think I could use my old Tupperwhere ring mould that has a hole in the middle. Would look like a wreath once decorated.
I made Skinnymixer's Chocolate Christmas Brownies to take to an afternoon tea. They are relatively healthy and oh so scrumptious!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27589 on: December 20, 2015, 01:12:40 pm »
Oh my what fabulous cooking by everyone.

Fantastic food for your visitors tonight Cookie.

I love the look of your bread and Christmas tree brownies Kimmy 8)

I had a look at your delicious food on your fb page Amber :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27590 on: December 20, 2015, 03:53:46 pm »
I made a batch of Chookie's No Fuss Bread Rolls.

Running low on biscuits I made another favourite recipe of ours,Choc Chip Cookies. DH is very pleased when he saw them :D

I also made Clever Cooks Magic Bean Cake.Its a gift for a friend tomorrow who's a coeliac.Topped it with Fudge Icing but this batch was stiff and didn't run so sprinkled with icing sugar to cover it.

I roasted a tray of mixed veg too.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #27591 on: December 20, 2015, 05:49:09 pm »
Great cooking everyone. I'm still under the cooking curse so am giving it up again, sick of wasting ingredients.
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #27592 on: December 20, 2015, 07:17:05 pm »
Kat, I like the idea of the ring shape for the ice cream cake. You could fill the Center with fruit.
Yesterday it was so hot when we had visitors that we had a completely cold lunch.  I have never done this before. The only thing heated were the bread rolls and garlic bread, both heated in the AF which was in the laundry.
CC has been baking great food and taking advantage of the cooler weather. Lucky Ducky. We are expecting mid 30 's for Xmas day.,

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #27593 on: December 20, 2015, 08:03:08 pm »
all the cooking looks fabulous..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline spersephone

• View Profile
« Reply #27594 on: December 20, 2015, 09:51:00 pm »
Yesterday I made a gingerbread Christmas tree as a test run. Now I know what I need to do before I make it for Christmas Day.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27595 on: December 21, 2015, 05:09:41 am »
Chookie that is a hot Christmas Day for you. Do you have a hot lunch?
We have 27 forecast here.

Reading about Skinnymixer I have to share this funny. My brother's partner is just lovely. Last night he looked down at my Mox shoes and commented that I had thermomix shoes on. There has been a lot of discussion about them on Skinnymixer's site.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #27596 on: December 21, 2015, 05:16:03 am »
Fabulous cooking evceryone.

Today I made a Swedish Icecream Cake.  Then cleaned out the fridge and found some rhubarb hiding in the back so made some rhubarb chutney.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #27597 on: December 21, 2015, 07:48:42 am »
Cookie, we normally have a hot lunch and cold leftovers for dinner. This year cold, cold. First year , in 20 plus, that I haven't made Xmas pud.  My sister gave me one that she bought. It has an orange in the middle.,
Bought 10 k of fresh cherries from a local Cherry farm. Just picked. I am giving these as Xmas goodies this year instead of chocolates.
Love the TMX shoes. Must get a pair. !

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #27598 on: December 21, 2015, 10:34:50 am »
The cooler weather has given me the motivation to do some more Christmas baking. I've made rocky road, rum and raisin truffles, liquer truffles(I still need to dip these), more craisin and choc chip shortbread, ginger biscuits, a version of white christmas and walnut biscuits.
We have revised our Christmas menu due to the weather forecast. My mum really wanted a hot roast turkey, but with 39C expected for Christmas Eve and 37C for Christmas Day we will be having prawns, smoked fish, ham and salads.
Tonight I took advantage of the cooler weather, and cooked a duck on the BBQ for dinner.
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #27599 on: December 21, 2015, 10:36:26 am »
Very sensible chookie.  Would love to do that too but Mum's in charge this year and insists on the whole hot lunch and pudding. Think i will eat mine in front of the air conditioner.
Cc your cake looks yummy and biscuits perfectly even.