Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 8926055 times)

Offline baf65

• View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #2685 on: February 12, 2010, 10:51:45 am »
MJ - would love your spelt bread recipe to forward to a friend

tonight im trying a Madhur Jaffrey recipe for Coriander chicken, which has basically been just blending stuf for a marinade then a sauce, the rest i will have to do in a pan

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: February 12, 2010, 11:55:02 am »
Sorry to hear you have been sick JulieO - you are excused for not posting any new photos :-* :-*  Get well soon.

Thanks Cookie, looks like just a quick blitzing is in order for ice-cream.  That's when we could do with a glass bowl to see what is going on in there.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #2687 on: February 13, 2010, 01:55:06 am »
Recipe please!  Pretty please!  I'm addicted to your healthy versions of everything imaginable Jo.

Okay - I'll put it on my blog, and here on the forum - just got to try and remember measurements because I don't really measure.  Might have to make it again for testing purposes - hee hee!

Went to my naturopath yesterday and he was asking what I'd been eating, and was horrified when I said I'd had chocolate ice-cream for breakfast - until I explained what was in it!  Just trying to shock him  ;D

Okay - done now... http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=2996.0
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 02:20:36 am by quirkycooking »
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #2688 on: February 13, 2010, 03:23:09 am »

Thanks Judy, that's nice of you to say. :D  Unfortunately I had to cancel my trip to Adelaide last week, DH had to move our son to Adelaide without me.  Had the worse cold you can imagine and still not feeling 100%, haven't been making anything of note, just getting through.  Will be glad when my mojo returns.  :)

Sorry to hear, hope you're returning to normal. I have had a "cold" too - in the middle of summer !!!!  A real cold  ;) 
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #2689 on: February 13, 2010, 03:29:32 am »
Visitors for tea,  cooked Isi's shrimp soup, custard to go with the Xmas fruit slice (recipes from Forum).  mashed potato with parsnip,  and snail rolls- based on Isi's recipe.  Aunty Glads Cold Pineapple Pudding. I usually offer 2 choices of sweets,  I don't know why!!!!.   All to go with the roast beef, ratatouille,  and tiny french beans just picked from the garden.

LOL - thought you were serving snails.  Sounds like you are a very genila host with 2 sweets.

My consultant,  the beautiful Anita,  has just called in and brought a slice of a lovely chocolate cake she made.   It was made with coconut oil and coconut flour.   I will ask her if I can post it as it had a lovely flavor.

That would be great - we use coconut flour for pancakes.  MrsT bought some for no real reason and I made pancakes with them that she liked - so haven't really used for anything else yet.  Have to try some of your coconut flour recipes
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #2690 on: February 13, 2010, 07:50:08 am »
Thermomixer, I have posted the chocolate cake under (cakes).    Also, a lady in Canada has made my waffles (on my Blog) with Spelt flour.  She said they were very nice.  All of the recipes using coconut flour ,  use very little,  the volume comes from the eggs.  Unlike wheat flour,  when you add it to uncooked recipes it doesn't taste  of flour.    It therefore good in soups.   What also makes it good in soups is that in absorbs liquid at a great rate,  so can be used as a thickener.  I seem to be carrying on a bit here but it is a very interesting ingredient   .

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: February 13, 2010, 11:03:40 am »
Jo, thank you so much for the ice-cream recipe.

Today I made Oatmeal Berry Muffins for breakfast, then Fetta and Spinach Scrolls, and Swirly Ham Rolls to take to parents for lunch.  Then tonight I made Dr Seuss Eggs for dinner.  About to make Brownie Milk and Iced Coffee milk flavouring to stock the fridge.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: February 13, 2010, 11:38:27 am »
This morning I made isi's rolls, tuna corn pasta dish and buttermilk scones for visitors for afternoon tea.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: February 13, 2010, 11:48:09 am »
HELP ,    I don't know where to post this recipe.   It is "Fluffy Rice",  not cooked in the basket ,  and not wet like risotto. It is light, single grain rice like in Chinese or Indian rice.  It is very simple, so maybe it is  posted somewhere else.

Bron's steamed garlic rice is in the Vegetarian section Chookie so I guess you should put this one in there too.   

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #2694 on: February 13, 2010, 12:07:54 pm »
Thanks JD< I have it on my blog so will transfer over when Amanda shows me on Monday.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: February 14, 2010, 09:18:22 am »
Yesterday I refilled the bread basket with 5 seed bread and Isi's rolls. Today have made up a polenta 'thing'. Then later I am going to reheat it and put steamed vegies over it with a dressing for dinner. The polenta is cooked then has spinach and parmesan folded through. You then put a piece of goat's cheese in the centre of 3 big blobs of it and shape them into hamburgers using glad wrap. Haven't made it before but it sounds yum.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: February 14, 2010, 09:21:29 am »
Ah, I know what you mean Cookie1 - aren't they called thingymewatsits  :D :D :D 
Sound nice, hope you enjoyed them -  guess you will post the recipe if they taste good.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: February 14, 2010, 09:23:45 am »
Judy I was having a chuckle as I typed that; at my use of such culinary terminology. Yes I will post it if it tastes nice.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #2698 on: February 14, 2010, 11:27:39 am »
Oh I am feeling completely in awe of you all - I haven't done nearly even a fraction of what I hope to lately in my thermie. It mainly gets used for cooking rice/potatoes and veggies in the evenings and porridge in the morning if DD requests it.  Have been busy with work, demo's, trying to sort out this damn computer (which by the way isn't letting any emails come or go at the moment.... it was going for a bout 24 hrs...  >:( >:( >:( )

This weekend I'm heading up to Wagga to do a couple of delivery demos (thankfully the wonderful ladies up there purchased at the same time and agreed to hold their demos on the same weekend - what are the chances? And they don't even know each other!), so I won't even get a chance then to do what I want to....
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

vivacity

« Reply #2699 on: February 17, 2010, 07:10:51 pm »
Well, I've been completely unfaithful to my Thermomix today and yesterday. I'm serving a vegan menu today after receiving "The Voluptuous Vegan" by Myra Kornfeld yesterday.

On the menu tonight:

- broccoli rabe polenta (except I used dark green crinkly cabbage, cannot get broccoli rabe here), cooked, cooled, cut into triangles and roasted in the oven until golden. It looks wonderful with the golden polenta speckled with green.

- beet, daikon (used long white radish) and carrot salad over arugula with a walnut oil vinaigrette (mixed in TMX) and chopped, freshly roasted walnuts

- mediterranean braised fennel (and slivers of leek) with specks of kalamata olives and sundried tomatoes with basil sprinkled over

- mushroom, French lentil and chestnut ragł

I just hope DH likes it ???