Author Topic: Bacon & cheese rolls  (Read 147090 times)

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
Re: Bacon & cheese rolls
« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2011, 11:33:36 pm »
Why did i wait so long to make these  ,so easy and nice.
thanks Maddy  ;D
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 11:35:32 pm by fundj »
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 27, 2011, 06:42:57 pm »
Made these today to eat with Red Pepper and Tomato Soup,they are truly scrumptious. ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Joanne

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 27, 2011, 06:39:19 am »
Thanks for this recipe I made these this afternoon and my kids absolutely loved them.  I've had to hide 2 so they can take one each to tennis camp tomorrow, they've already offered half of them to the rest of the kids on the street, ahah.  I'm suited with my first attempt at these.

Thanks again
Joanne -  NSW   :) :)

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2011, 04:57:33 am »
:D these are PERFECT!! A great success!! I did make them 1/2 the size and cooked only for 10 min, (didn't make them last any longer tho, everyone ate twice as many!!) DH's comment:" these are good - I could easily get fat!!" I had to hide a couple so I had some left for him to take to work for lunch the next day!! Have made many many batches now - and still getting asked to make them again ... and again .... and again!!! Very very yummy! A big 10/10 from me! Thank-you!! :D
:D

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2012, 01:26:44 pm »
I haven't made these for a while but to my kids delight we had these for lunch today.  I usually to 1.5 times the mixture as they just walk off the plate no oven tray far too quickly in this household ! Today I made 12 jumbo size ones, and only have 3 left ! I haven't done this before but I will try post a picture of my almost 5yo son devouring his giant size cheese and bacon roll ............... p.s I usually put a lot more bacon on, but my Scottish tight bum husband did the bacon today lol
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 01:29:13 pm by Debbiebillg »

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2012, 01:29:18 pm »
That photo of your DS5 says it all Debbie "yum yum yum yum" :D :D
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2012, 01:32:20 pm »
CC, he was the one that asked me to make them a week or so ago, so he was very happy !! My cousin in the UK, asked me on Facebook what they were and how do you make them lol.  You don't see them in supermarkets there do you ? 

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2012, 01:54:48 pm »
CC, he was the one that asked me to make them a week or so ago, so he was very happy !! My cousin in the UK, asked me on Facebook what they were and how do you make them lol.  You don't see them in supermarkets there do you ? 
No we don't get anything like these in the supermarkets Debbie.Your cousin probably thought they were mini pizza :D My DH and DS love them  ;)

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2012, 07:54:02 pm »
Made these on Sunday but were a little dry. I followed the recipe to  T. Do you think I could add more water or cook for less. My DH still loved them though and is taking one to work each day for lunch.

Thanks
DG xxx
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2012, 08:02:37 pm »
some here DG the 1st time i made them were a bit dry, but still yummy.  i now do 15 min at 160 FF, perfect  ;D

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 13, 2012, 05:34:46 am »
Yep, just reduce cooking time....ovens vary greatly,don't they!

Last time I made them I cut the dough into 2 pieces, rolled out and placed into 2 roll tins (with grease proof paper extending above sides) for the second rise.
Cooked same length of time, and cut into smaller squares so it went around guests further.......think I might do that again for cricket tomorrow  :)

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 13, 2012, 11:04:33 am »
maddy i love working with this dough , i do making them like yours 2, i add olives and anchovies and cheese  ;D

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 13, 2012, 08:57:41 pm »
Thanks fundj, I will try for 15 minutes next time.

Maddy, I love your idea. Might make these like a pizza for dinner tonight.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline hools003

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 14, 2012, 08:52:02 am »
OMG OMG OMG! These are absolutely delicious! I made 8 and there is only 2 left! Think I might have to make these again very soon! My 14 yr old son said pineapple added would be nice.
Thank you Maddy, we love your work  ;D ;D ;D

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #104 on: January 21, 2012, 07:24:13 pm »
I made these and cooked them in my  convection microwave. They turned out perfect.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.