Author Topic: Recipe Review - Butter Chicken (Indian Cookbook)  (Read 45267 times)

Offline tarasis

• Stay at home dad with a Thermomix & 2 kids :)
    • View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
Re: Recipe Review - Butter Chicken (Indian Cookbook)
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2011, 11:15:48 pm »
Must try this, so far we keep cooking the Chicken Korma and Cgicken In Yoghurt (both are lovely though I much prefer the later. For my tastes the Korma doesn't taste quite right (or more accurately doesn't taste like the yummiest I had from a takeaway in a place I used to live). Been meaning to make the paste too.
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

http://tarasis.net

Offline Lellyj

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2011, 08:33:30 am »
We prefer the korma as a vegetable curry, particularly wiht sweet potato or pumpkin in it.  For chicken I like the tikka marsala made with the same paste as the butter chicken, or the chicken in yogurt
Teacher and Mum in Phillip Island, Victoria

Offline Moo2

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2011, 09:49:32 am »
The chicken in yoghurt is yummy! My kids all lap it up and there is never anything much left over.

Offline tarasis

• Stay at home dad with a Thermomix & 2 kids :)
    • View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2011, 10:07:37 am »
I look forward to that day Moo2, mine won't touch things with sauce (beyond Lasange and at a stretch Carbonara). When they do we'll make the CiY much more often :)
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

http://tarasis.net

Offline Moo2

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2011, 10:12:25 am »
Hang in there tarasis!  My lot can be really picky at times over really normal dinners and then they surprise me and eat something I wouldn't have thought they would touch. Does my head in! 

Offline southpaw

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2011, 11:30:49 am »
I made the Tikka Paste tonight, and it smells amazing!! Can't wait to try it in the Butter Chicken on Wednesday night!
Sharon from Miners Rest, Victoria

Offline teagg

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2011, 04:13:26 am »
I've just made the chicken Korma for the second time - this time grinding all the spices... Which made it, as mentioned in the recipe, a much stronger taste; and the chicken in yogurt. Both my kids liked both. I left the chilli out of the korma but included some (without seeds) in the CiY. I loved the korma with whole spices, was ok with it when the spices were ground down, but just love the CiY one... The kids have been happy to have that cold with rice in their lunchboxes!!! They are 5&7!!

Better than the local Indian IMHO!!!

Offline auds

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2011, 04:42:12 am »
I have just made this and while it is quite tasty its not a butter chicken.  My first clue was the fact that there is no butter in it (if you are using ghee)

Traditional butter chicken also has no chilli in it.  I made this to the recipe and it will be too hot for my kids to eat.  Now I will have to make something else for them.  After finishing I have added about 2 tblsp of tomato paste and am cooking it for another 5 mins with the MC off to thicken up the sauce.

I probably wont make this again  well not as a butter chicken anyway
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 06:34:49 am by auds »

Offline Gemzy80

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2011, 02:14:18 am »
Hello, could someone please PM me the butter chicken recipe from the Indian Cookbook? Thanks  :)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2011, 05:06:25 am »
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Lisa70

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2012, 02:19:01 am »
Wow, you were all right this recipe was terrific! I made it last night and although it had more 'kick' in it than I thought it would the flavours were gorgeous. I used a kilo of chicken and there was still plenty of sauce. I also made the cummin and onion naan bread to go with it and was very proud of myself (never attempted any sort of bread before!).

Highly recommend this recipe.  :D

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2012, 04:07:46 am »
Made this today for tomorrows dinner.

Used 900g chicken breast, tastes great.

H :D
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline NomesFog

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2012, 04:36:44 am »
Made this delicious dish recently.

I marinated chicken drumstick fillets over night in double the amount of paste (last time I left it needed a bit of extra flavour)
And it was certainly an amazing flavour! Made a double batch and popped it on the stove for a while to simmer the sauce til it was a little thicker. I think if you were doing it with chicken breast it was be too overcooked and dry, but a thigh or the drumskick meat it perfect!

10/10!

Offline Bambi

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Recipe Review - Butter Chicken (Indian Cookbook)
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2012, 10:29:46 am »
Eating this right now. Very yummy!

Offline LisaR12

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2012, 10:36:17 am »
very nice..using the paste recipe from the book as well.. Too spicy for my 9 year old.. would like to try it with thighs rather than breast...but wow the sauce is lovely